Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Are there any issues with owning a GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 08:02 PM
tar6day is infamous around these parts
Are there any issues with owning a GTR?

What are the major mechanical or other"issues" with owning a GTR? It's been out for awhile and I have not really followed if there are problems. I'm interested in buying one. Thanks.

Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM
Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !Fantasma Is a GOD !
People always want to talk to me about it... SIGH

Old 10-24-2009, 09:08 AM
jjyellow is infamous around these parts
Not really much problems with em. If you want to read up a lil bit go to www.nagtroc.org. Tranny issue is no longer much of a big deal anymore

Old 10-24-2009, 10:24 AM
wwjd is infamous around these parts
1 Too much attention and get annoyed when people ask you all the same questions.
2 Sometimes bikes would like to race you from stop still.
3 Tranny sound is another down side.
4 interior smells plastic
5 too easy to drive fast and get tickets*
6 not comfort in long distance driving and DD

Old 10-28-2009, 06:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^
1 - +1
2 - +1
3 - Fluid change, and some dynamat and it's gone.
4 - True, but costs have to be shaved to keep the price down
5 - +1
6 - Disagree. I find it quite comfortable and supportive.
7 - The tech gadgets are well thought out, and possibly rival my interest with the performance aspect. (Adjustable gauges, and the ability to rip CD's onto the HDD, etc...)
8 - Amazingly easy to drive with civility (unless you floor it - then it turns into another beast).
9 - The trunk is ginormous (can fit 12' canopy, two fold-up chairs, luggage for two people for two days, helmets, a cooler, etc...)
10 - The ownership experience with the dealer has been unlike anything else I've experienced (with Infiniti, BMW, and Porsche). I get celebrity-like treatment.

And to expand on #1, people will talk to you EVERYWHERE you go. No matter what you're doing or what child is displaying his/her unhappiness with sitting there instead of going to McDonald's like you promised an hour ago so they can play on the playground. I was dropping some old stuffed animals off at the Salvation Army, and got caught up in a 20 minute conversation. And then at McD's, was addressed with the food in my hand, on the way back to the table asking me all kinds of questions.

(This was just this past Saturday)

Monday (at work), I had another 20 minute conversation with a guest, who saw me pull up in the parking lot.

I've had my car for 14 months now, and it hasn't stopped one bit.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
s2000_s4_996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
^
1 - +1
2 - +1
3 - Fluid change, and some dynamat and it's gone.
4 - True, but costs have to be shaved to keep the price down
5 - +1
6 - Disagree. I find it quite comfortable and supportive.
7 - The tech gadgets are well thought out, and possibly rival my interest with the performance aspect. (Adjustable gauges, and the ability to rip CD's onto the HDD, etc...)
8 - Amazingly easy to drive with civility (unless you floor it - then it turns into another beast).
9 - The trunk is ginormous (can fit 12' canopy, two fold-up chairs, luggage for two people for two days, helmets, a cooler, etc...)
10 - The ownership experience with the dealer has been unlike anything else I've experienced (with Infiniti, BMW, and Porsche). I get celebrity-like treatment.

And to expand on #1, people will talk to you EVERYWHERE you go. No matter what you're doing or what child is displaying his/her unhappiness with sitting there instead of going to McDonald's like you promised an hour ago so they can play on the playground. I was dropping some old stuffed animals off at the Salvation Army, and got caught up in a 20 minute conversation. And then at McD's, was addressed with the food in my hand, on the way back to the table asking me all kinds of questions.

(This was just this past Saturday)

Monday (at work), I had another 20 minute conversation with a guest, who saw me pull up in the parking lot.

I've had my car for 14 months now, and it hasn't stopped one bit.

How many Miles have you put on the Gtr, also how often did you change your tranny and oil fluids? I'm looking into this, trading my 996tt.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I've had two oil changes so far...

Because I track, I've replaced my pads and rotors.

This winter I'll be doing a full fluid exchange:

$1050 for transmission
$240 for rear diff
$130 for front diff (numbers approx)

+ brake fluid

You only need to do these every 18,000 miles (for now - interval increased for Europe), unless you track and acheive high temps regularly (250deg+).

Old 11-04-2009, 09:35 AM
travisflatbar is infamous around these parts
Never once smelled anything plastic like on the interior.......

Never hear the tranny.........cause GNR is always blasting away when I get in!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
^ lol!

Old 11-15-2009, 12:14 AM
celsius is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I've had two oil changes so far...

Because I track, I've replaced my pads and rotors.

This winter I'll be doing a full fluid exchange:

$1050 for transmission
$240 for rear diff
$130 for front diff (numbers approx)

+ brake fluid

You only need to do these every 18,000 miles (for now - interval increased for Europe), unless you track and acheive high temps regularly (250deg+).
You can cut a LOT of that cost if you do it yourself. GotBoost and I changed the T-fluid, F&R Diff Fluid, and Engine oil in a few hours last year.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by celsius
You can cut a LOT of that cost if you do it yourself. GotBoost and I changed the T-fluid, F&R Diff Fluid, and Engine oil in a few hours last year.
I probably could...

I'm lazy...

I could ask somebody to do it for me. About how much for just fluids?