Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Do people always try to race you in your gt-r?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:52 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
Good thing for you, stock vs stock Z06 would wipe a GTR......Just sayin
Not 0-60, not on street tires...

And I've never been beat by a Z06 - ever - on a 1/4 mile track...

It's always "I couldn't hook up", or "my tires are factory", or "I missed 3rd", or "My hairpiece almost flew off" or some lame ****.

My wife beat a Z06 one time by 2 SECS!!!

An experienced driver? perhaps, if the stars aligned - and the driver had some decent tires and there was a dry patch on the street...

Not this guy - not here...

*edit: I'm not stock either...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
I hate to break the news to you, but from a roll or dig..........the results are the same!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjmyt52-c8c

stock vs stock, Z06 stomps a mudhole in the GTR

I don't own either one........you are obviously biased which I can understand, but please don't be a fanboy and just accept the fact that the Z06 is faster......and I would strenuously recommend leaving your wife out of it!

-just sayin

Last edited by UMADBRO; 02-08-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !Scott997 Is a GOD !
Good thing for you, stock vs stock Z06 would wipe a GTR......Just sayin

I've seen and driven in 500+hp STi's and Evos that would stomp a mudhole in a stock GTR......be careful what you wish for

Dude, don't HATE. You think these kids in those tuner cars can launch? Get a grip.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I hate to break the news to you, but from a roll or dig..........the results are the same!

stock vs stock, Z06 stomps a mudhole in the GTR

I don't own either one........you are obviously biased which I can understand, but please don't be a fanboy and just accept the fact that the Z06 is faster......and I would strenuously recommend leaving your wife out of it!

-just sayin
I completely disagree...

And I can't leave my wife out of it. Her first ever 1/4 mile run, she ran a 11.48 (beating an SL65 AMG biturbo V12 with ET streets by .1 secs).

I'm not biased. I'm basing my statements off of facts. I've never been beaten by anything without slicks on - fact (despite what youtube clips you can find from other countries - except cars made specifically for drag racing).

Was the GT-R using VDC at all? Launch Control? Brake torquing? All three will net vastly different results. If the driver didn't know, or the car wasn't updated (with the lastest software revision on the TCM) (sounds like a Microsoft product), the best he could get in the 1/4 would be 12 secs or greater. On the dig - was the GT-R shifting manually? was the transmission in 'R'?

The car requires absolutely NO talent to be driven in a straight line (like most cars)... All one has to know is the appropriate settings. If these settings are off, results will not be desireable... It has nothing to do with the car.

On a road course? I've never seen anybody come close.

Please keep in mind that I never said the car couldn't do it. Obviously, more HP + less weight = faster car. But you have to be able to drive it. And I've never met an owner that could. I'm not saying they don't exist - it's just that I haven't met one. But I've met dozens of GT-R owners who all have gotten low 11's in the 1/4. Actually, I don't know of a single GT-R in the 12's anymore (since the update).

That being said, I'm much more impressed with the Z06 on a road course, than I am on a 1/4 mile track.

+1 Scott - on the launching thing...

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-09-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:58 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
It's always funny to see the look of their faces (in the rear view mirror) when you just "leave."

reminds me of dig runs in my old subies

that "look" is priceless

Old 02-09-2010, 08:47 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
[quote=jaspergtr;2720163] Obviously, more HP + less weight = faster car. But you have to be able to drive it. And I've never met an owner that could. I'm not saying they don't exist - it's just that I haven't met one. But I've met dozens of GT-R owners who all have gotten low 11's in the 1/4. Actually, I don't know of a single GT-R in the 12's anymore (since the update).
quote]

Completely agree... I've seen people with very fast cars that couldn't shift/drive worth a damn. (at times I am one of them)

Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 AM
Nico is infamous around these partsNico is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Vic55
I just cruise most of the time. They all know the facts but they still want to see the action in getting killed.

Most often its boy racers in Subi's or Evo's ...always trying to take out their senior Japanese leader
hahaha this is exactly my opinion when im driving the GT-R and not the 997tt. and yes, there are plenty of sti's and evo's that would kill a GT-R, but put the same amount of money they did in their cars into a GT-R and watch what happens