Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Took the GTR out to the track today with Tune!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Took the GTR out to the track today with Tune!

I recently had a tune made for my GTR, I actually downloaded it yesterday and the car felt really fast afterwards so I decided since today was opening day at MIR Raceway in Maryland I would go down and give it a try at the test and tune. The car bonestock ran consisent 11.60's at 117, 118 mph with a best of 11.58 last November so I hoped to run good.
The way I got started was last week I contacted Jack Cecil at Horsepower Logic in Southern Fla and he recommended and sold me a resonated mid pipe (10 min install) and a custom tune that he does himself which I downloaded yesterday and took out for a drive and thought wow this thing is fast! So this morning I drove out to the MIR test and tune and the weather was beautiful and the air excellent. I went up to the line and decided I would just mash the gas when tree came down, no power brake, just gas and go! Well to my surprise the car turned a 10.74 at 128mph on its first and only full pass! After that pass they came down from the tower and told me if I ran another 10 second run I couldn't bring the car back without a cage so I ran a couple more 1/8 mile passes to data log some info for the tuner so we can tweek the tune a little, and ran almost the exact 1/8 mile times as my 1/4 mile run (6.9's at 103mph). I have to say I am very happy and very impressed with the tune and the way the car feels now is just unreal as it shifts are greatly improved as well as the way it comes on boost. Anyone thinking about it ought to do it!

Old 03-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Twinturbozs is infamous around these parts
Good info, 10 mph increase in trapspeeds has gotta feel good. How much boost were you running?

Old 03-06-2010, 12:05 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Jamie,
Just with a tune that is "Stout". Did you use LC at all? 6.9 for 1/8 mile is super fast. Would you be able to tell if raceways in East coast yield better times than CA? Awesome results bro. Art

Old 03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
phlog is infamous around these parts
Congrats!

Old 03-06-2010, 02:35 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by art4iza
Jamie,
Just with a tune that is "Stout". Did you use LC at all? 6.9 for 1/8 mile is super fast. Would you be able to tell if raceways in East coast yield better times than CA? Awesome results bro. Art
Thanks Art! My car doesn't have the launch control, it was tuned out by Nissan before it hit the dealership and the max I could stall is about 2800 rpm as I tried it when it was stock and the car actually runs better 60' just mashing it. I ran a 1.71 60' today by just mashing it, and as far as tracks getting better times on the east coast I would have to say yes I do think they yield better times because if you look at all the fast times by almost any make of car, they all seem to come out of the Northeast where we have that cool dry air and sea level tracks.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I knew something was up with those tracks That car is wicked street beast. I took one of those in the 1/4 mile two years ago at Famoso, very fun. I have to say their suspension and braking is awesome. Here is a quick video. You can see me driving the P car from inside also, back when it was 620whp. Scott tells me that you are the man in East Coast and Ranger. Send me some videos. Cheers bro.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqVaZ8yuXR0

Originally Posted by jamie furman
Thanks Art! My car doesn't have the launch control, it was tuned out by Nissan before it hit the dealership and the max I could stall is about 2800 rpm as I tried it when it was stock and the car actually runs better 60' just mashing it. I ran a 1.71 60' today by just mashing it, and as far as tracks getting better times on the east coast I would have to say yes I do think they yield better times because if you look at all the fast times by almost any make of car, they all seem to come out of the Northeast where we have that cool dry air and sea level tracks.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:19 PM
I knew something was up with those tracks That car is wicked street beast. I took one of those in the 1/4 mile two years ago at Famoso, very fun. I have to say their suspension and braking is awesome. Here is a quick video. You can see me driving the P car from inside also, back when it was 620whp. Scott tells me that you are the man in East Coast and Ranger. Send me some videos. Cheers bro.
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqVaZ8yuXR0
Cool Video ! Thats nice of Scott to say but there are probably lots of guys who can do better than me. I usually leave my cars totally stock, but having a couple of Porsches, my GT2 with a few mods, I just couldn't resist modding the GTR knowing how a tune wakes up a turbo and I am glad I did.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:30 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Your car has LC... There is no other way to get it.

It's either LC1 or LC2.

Good times! - Jack is the best, apparently. His tunes are getting the best times.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Jamie,
That 1966 Shelby must be lots of fun as well. Nice collection bro.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
Jamie,
That 1966 Shelby must be lots of fun as well. Nice collection bro.
Actually the Shelby has been in a restoration shop for the last 4 years and was supposed to be finished 2 years ago, so it hasn't been much fun, yet!

As far as LC1 or LC2 I assume its LC2?

Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Yes LC2.

Press the brake pedal (hard), press the gas (hard), release brake - hold on!

It can rev up to around 2600 - 3500 RPM's - there is a way to play with the throttle to build RPM's. But if you get them too high, you'll lose traction.

I found mind is perfect around 2800 (I don't have a Cecil tune).

edit: You can verify which one you have because LC1 only works with VDC off, and LC2 works in ANY VDC setting (there is no magic button combination)... However - I found that launching in VDC 'normal' is pointless. I always launch in VDC 'R'. This avoids any 'warranty implications' and I usually catch traction (because it dumps the clutch right before boost REALLY kicks in).

Anyway - like I said, you can verify by just pressing the brake, pressing the gas, but you don't have to release the brake. You could just rev it up to see where the RPM's go. If they go up to about 2600 RPM's, you've got LC2 (my money is on that one, especially if you took delivery after Feb 2009). If you hold it for over 5 secs (or so), it cancels.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 03-06-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:15 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Nice times Jamie!

Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Almost sounds like break boosting

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Yes LC2.

Press the brake pedal (hard), press the gas (hard), release brake - hold on!

It can rev up to around 2600 - 3500 RPM's - there is a way to play with the throttle to build RPM's. But if you get them too high, you'll lose traction.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:22 AM
It is, and it isn't... The clutches aren't engaged.

It is really just a 3k RPM clutch dump.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Took the GTR out to the track today with Tune!