GTR ReBuild..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 AM
PennywiseG35S is infamous around these parts
Updates?

Old 05-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
Not much has happened. We fired it up for about 30 minutes the other day to make sure we had no leaks or over heating problems. We did find a gasket exhaust leak, so that was replaced. Still waiting on the ATI pulley, currently on the stock pulley.. That should be here Wednesday.. Still need to get a oil catch can, new radiator cap, and oil stick.. Also want to replace some of the bushing to poly. Then off to be painted.. I CANT WAIt.. my birthday is end of june.. i been promised this as gift.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:43 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Me_qwkr
Not much has happened. We fired it up for about 30 minutes the other day to make sure we had no leaks or over heating problems. We did find a gasket exhaust leak, so that was replaced. Still waiting on the ATI pulley, currently on the stock pulley.. That should be here Wednesday.. Still need to get a oil catch can, new radiator cap, and oil stick.. Also want to replace some of the bushing to poly. Then off to be painted.. I CANT WAIt.. my birthday is end of june.. i been promised this as gift.
you could've bought a whole new engine from JUN or MINE's for a lot less cost.

Well nothing is better than doing your own work, i admit.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:28 AM
I am sure you are aware of the price a jun or tomie engine costs, and the shipping and tuning costs as well. I am a tenth of the fraction from that number with the rebuild.

Old 05-30-2010, 11:46 AM
mjnsx07 is infamous around these parts
WOW. speechless.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:06 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
I am sure you are aware of the price a jun or tomie engine costs, and the shipping and tuning costs as well. I am a tenth of the fraction from that number with the rebuild.
i sure am but they arent near 70k. well far from it.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay I am not sure much you know about the Tomie, Jun and Nismo motors but they are far from cheap.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...m-genesis.html Will show you a SHORTBLOCK for about 30k. Thats not including a turbo setup even. So add another 6-10k for your turbo setup. That puts you at about 40k. Thats no including things such as a harmonic pulley, a fuel setup, suspension, ignition and the list goes on and on... 70k for a build is nothing.

You could do a Tomie block for 30k plus a turbo setup for figure 7k then a tranny setup for about 8k then a ECU setup for another 3k with tune, then suspension at figure 1k a corner so thats 4k . Then brakes at 3k and rims at 4k. Thats about 59k and thats still not including interior or exterior parts and a list of other items.

So explain the 70k?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I will be in Michigan in september so you can check it out

Old 06-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Should be great when its done. Good luck.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
updates?

Old 09-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like a fun project!

Old 09-30-2010, 05:23 PM
max3099 is infamous around these parts
Can't wait to see the finished project.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Tireboi is infamous around these parts
love it

Old 10-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Okay I am not sure much you know about the Tomie, Jun and Nismo motors but they are far from cheap.

http://www.tomei-p.co.jp/_2003web-ca...m-genesis.html Will show you a SHORTBLOCK for about 30k. Thats not including a turbo setup even. So add another 6-10k for your turbo setup. That puts you at about 40k. Thats no including things such as a harmonic pulley, a fuel setup, suspension, ignition and the list goes on and on... 70k for a build is nothing.

You could do a Tomie block for 30k plus a turbo setup for figure 7k then a tranny setup for about 8k then a ECU setup for another 3k with tune, then suspension at figure 1k a corner so thats 4k . Then brakes at 3k and rims at 4k. Thats about 59k and thats still not including interior or exterior parts and a list of other items.

So explain the 70k?
Dude you should have given it to a reputable shop for a complete build like SPE.

Plus guys here get complete builds for less than that.

Anyways goodluck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.