Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Tech1's New Forged GTR Wheels-Save over 25 Lbs!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Tech1's New Forged GTR Wheels-Save over 25 Lbs!

Tech1 is pleased to announce a new super lightweight forged wheel for the Nissan GTR. The wheels are crafted from a high-strength aerospace alloy and reduce total vehicle unsprung weight by over 25 lbs.
The front wheels are 18.2 lbs and the rears are 20.1 lbs. This compares to the stock weights of 26.2 and 26.8 respectively.
The wheels are purpose-built for the GTR and are TUV homologated for this vehicle. This much weight reduction will have a dramatic impact on acceleration, braking, ride quality and reduced track times.
Standard finish is hard anodized (zero weight) in clear or black.
Powder coat colors are available at no extra charge but add about 175 grams to the weight.
These are replacement sizes of 20x9.5 and 20x10.5. Other sizes available upon special order.
We are running the first 10 sets at this time with retail availability on May 17th. I will post actual photos in a couple of weeks.
PM me for special introductory pricing.

Attached Images     
Old 05-11-2010, 03:47 AM
nismofans is infamous around these parts
Hi,

could you advice the price for a set? what kind of offset?

thanks

Old 05-11-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond reputeTech1_Mike has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by nismofans
Hi,

thanks
We use the OE offsets for this car. The GT-R is very sensitive to changes in offset and scrub radius so we don't change them.
These are OE sizes, designed for the performance enthusiast. You can use the OE tires as well.
The big difference is the enormous savings in unsprung weight.
This will improve acceleration, braking, ride quality and suspension compliance on less-than-smooth surfaces.
List price is $4995 per set.
PM me for the 6Speed deal.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi,

thanks
PM sent

Old 05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks Mike.

i find the standard offset rather mild, do you offer other offsets and also other designs?

cheers

Old 05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
2JZPWR is infamous around these parts
Not a bad price considering the sizes!

Old 05-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Thanks Mike.

i find the standard offset rather mild, do you offer other offsets and also other designs?

cheers
We can make the widths and offsets that you wish.
Just remember that the GT-R is sensitive to such changes.

We also offer a 10-spoke. (attached)

Attached Images   
Old 05-12-2010, 02:03 AM
That looked very similar to what I had previously from ADV1. I had orderd a similar set but in sizes as I wanted to run non-RFT.

What is the lead time needed for a set in black, 20x10 and 20x11 with offset as agressive as possible to so that the tires are in line with the fender?

thanks

Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 AM
That looked very similar to what I had previously from ADV1. I had orderd a similar set but in sizes as I wanted to run non-RFT.

What is the lead time needed for a set in black, 20x10 and 20x11 with offset as agressive as possible to so that the tires are in line with the fender?

thanks
A change in the width and offset requires an additional 1 to 2 weeks.
This is due to the additional engineering required.
So you will receive the wheels in 5 to 6 weeks.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:23 AM
tuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura abouttuonoR has a spectacular aura about
Any photos available? Specifically interested in anodized black on a GMG.

Thanks

Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by tuonoR
Any photos available? Specifically interested in anodized black on a GMG.

Thanks
I am very sorry. Our first GT-R orders began shipping this past week so I expect some new owners to post their pictures here soon.
We do have a very nice black hard anodized finish. It is very low gloss, almost a matte finish. Very durable, highly resistant to corrosion and easy to clean.

The anodized finish also adds ZERO weight to the wheel, a nice extra benefit.

PM me for pricing.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 AM
JoeCaMotto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tech1_Mike
We can make the widths and offsets that you wish.
Just remember that the GT-R is sensitive to such changes.

We also offer a 10-spoke. (attached)
Mike how much for these ? and do you have any pictures of the wheels on a car? ps. I don't have 15 posts to send a PM

Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
guys postt up the pics already!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by JoeCaMotto
Mike how much for these ? and do you have any pictures of the wheels on a car? ps. I don't have 15 posts to send a PM
PM sent

Old 05-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Banned
Skylin818 has a spectacular aura aboutSkylin818 has a spectacular aura about
nice rims can you do another cad on them with more lip like the previous drawing you did before ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tech1's New Forged GTR Wheels-Save over 25 Lbs!