Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT R questions for owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:32 PM
MCJ
MCJ is infamous around these partsMCJ is infamous around these parts
I too am in the market. Has anyone driven one thru a winter season? How does it handle the snow?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned
Skylin818 has a spectacular aura aboutSkylin818 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MCJ
I too am in the market. Has anyone driven one thru a winter season? How does it handle the snow?

have a 2nd set of snow tires for the winter and you will possibily have a very fun ride for the snowy season but I will make a note that once the snow seasons is done with Id really highly suggest you have the rear bumper cover and under trays removed power washed and cleaned out. since its an area that all of the dirt will hide. This goes the same for the wheel arches behind the plastics. This will go the same for the oil cooler.

if your worry is snow height clearance i'd realy dont think you will have a problem unless its some crazy weather that would call for a SUV or Truck to ford thru that sort of conditions.

Old 06-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Under PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud ofUnder PSI has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
I went to test drive one yesterday but it was pouring so input was very limited and owner conservative, which is understandable. In full manual, how does the gt r shift compared to the stradale?

The stock exhaust sound was uninspiring at best. Hope the modded cars sound better! thanks for the feedback and any further stradale comparisons would be most helpful as I loved that car.
The GTR shifts very differently and very fast compared to the stradale. The stradale feels like a manual car but the computer does all the work. With the GTR, you just click the paddle and it is almost instantaneous. I agree about the sound of the car.

As you know, the stradale is very raw and feel every crack in the pavement, stone, undulation in the road. The GTR is very similar in feel to the porsche in that is is quiet, comfortable but very fast when you get on it. The stradale handles everything well and you get that feeling every time you drive it. The GTR handles well but you don't have the connection to the road you feel with the ferrari. It often doesn't feel as fast as it is.