Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT R questions for owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 09:27 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
GT R questions for owners

Howdy, hoping I can get some feedback from owners about their experience of this car. How is the build and how does it age?
Just started watching/looking and uncertain about resale, how does it seem to be going for earlier cars in terms of holding value?
Best bang for the buck mod package? (I know you can make massive hp from this car but just looking for a nice, moderately aggressive set up)

thanks, John

Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
Xposure is infamous around these parts
Im also in the market for a GTR, those are some questions id like to know myself

Old 05-20-2010, 02:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
So far, I've had my car for about 20 months, and it still rides like new. I've tracked, auto-x'd, and drag raced it. It does everything I need it to do (even in the rain/snow).

The cars are holding value fairly well - The '09's had MSRP around $73k, and are now being sold used for around $65 - $70k (this is partially due to the increase in MSRP for the '10s and '11s).

One of the things you might like about the GT-R - there is only one option (to get the iPod integration or not) to pay for - everything else comes standard.

The best bang for buck mod package is a Y-pipe and Cobb AP. I have both - and Nissan (after GT-R HQ read my black box) had ZERO problems with my warranty.

This takes the HP from about 480 to about 550+. But under the curve, I experience HP/TQ gains of over 100lb-ft between 3000-5000RPMS.

Cobb Accessport: $995
Y-pipe: $300 - $1200+
Custom tune from any vendor or other tuner: $450 - $600

Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Howdy, hoping I can get some feedback from owners about their experience of this car. How is the build and how does it age?
Just started watching/looking and uncertain about resale, how does it seem to be going for earlier cars in terms of holding value?
Best bang for the buck mod package? (I know you can make massive hp from this car but just looking for a nice, moderately aggressive set up)

thanks, John
Hmm...you will get better and detailed answers on nagtroc.

I had a GTR, infact one of the first few people to ever get LHD GTRs. Mine was a VVIP edition. nothing different from US GTRs but some gold inserts and custom made PUMA shoes and Carbon Fibre mats.

Build quality is upto Infiniti standards as nissan didnt want to cut corners in their halo car. Resale value is good as it is hard to find one under 65k with low mileage.

Warranty hoopla shouldnt scare you as it is taken care of, nothing but internet hate and fear mongering.

Best BFB mods are y-pipe and COBB AP with custum tune.
should net you around 2k for the mods and you'll be at around 600HP. Pretty much a 10 second car.

Attached Images   

Last edited by LuckyEff; 05-20-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: type error
Old 05-20-2010, 07:22 PM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Jasper and Lucky, since you have similar experience I am quite sure that is some very good feedback. I love that you can make that much more hp and tq for only $2k. Wow, thats the way it should be! thanks for the feedback, John

Old 05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I just bought one this week. I have yet to drive it, and plan do do so in about 2 hours. I can chime in a little more as I get some real seat time. I found a lot of great info over at NAGTROC as well. I will be doing the COBB tune, mid pipe and cat back exhaust soon as I have heard the power gains will put the car into the 10 sec club.

Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
The most gains are had when the second set of cats are removed from the mid-pipe. The rear-section (or catback) exhausts won't really free up that much (compared to the y-pipe).

As always - you are MUCH better off, after you get the mid-pipe, or rear section combo, if you get a custom tune.

This is wayyyy better than just the stage 1 or 2 tune from the AP.

Be sure to follow break-in procedures.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
riverflyer (John),

I just got rid of my GTR a month ago. Solely because I don't have the cash I used to... that being said:

BUY ONE AND SMILE! At first I thought I didn't miss it too much, but now that it's gone and has been for a while... I miss that car more than my Z06, RS4 and G55K. And I still talk about those cars over dinner conversations with friends. The R35 just does so many things well... that it seems like it's going slow. And I wish mine had auto headlights. And that's about it!

LuckyEff covered EVERYTHING you need to know.

Now post up some pics when you get it!

Last edited by th3Stig; 05-21-2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Dave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond reputeDave(MA 02 C4S) has a reputation beyond repute
I already had the T1R mid-pipe and added the Cobb tune and HKS Legamax Catback today. The Sound is intoxicating and I can feel the difference w/Cobb, feels like the mid-range pulls harder. These changes really wake up the car

Old 05-21-2010, 11:35 PM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Man that exhaust is sexy!

Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Legal Maximum. Nice!

Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Very nice exhaust setup.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks guys, nice to feel the enthusiasm.
Any owners who have switched from Pcar tt who can share some feedback.
The design has grown on me since giving this some thought. I am hoping to see and drive one next week. The thing that had prompted this was gearing up for a car change and then having that car pulled off the market. Got me thinking about what else was out there.
thanks

Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
Well, I drove the car for the entire weekend, and all I can say is, WOW. Coming from a 996TT with some mods, a Gallardo, and then a highly modified E55......this car is the real deal. In totally stock form it feels faster than all the others I have had, is so stable at low and high speeds, handles amazing, and has a fantastic interior. If I had to complain about anything, it would be that the car is too damn smooth. NO turbo lag, and a tear from 0-100 feels like you are going 60. I really need to throw an exhaust on this thing to wake up the sound. At this point I think that I will add a COBB tune, HKS Legamax exhaust and mid pipe. Hoping to do those minor mods in the next month or so.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Wow... That says a LOT about the car (based on your prior experience).

I've said since day 1 - it inspires confidence. It handles so well, it's unbelievable (I've had one for almost 2 years, and I still can't believe it ). Wait until you use all of the tech gadgets...

What MY did you get?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT R questions for owners