Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My new (to me) GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:24 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
60-130 on those stock is ~15 seconds IIRC....
I think your numbers are off a little - I can do 0-130 stock in less than 15secs...
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Anxiously waiting for the write-up..=)
+1.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Okay,

I edited the pics in the first post of his thread, and also attached a few more to this post.

Check out the interior. I actually had to call jaspergtr at home and ask him if Nissan had an option for the Super Silver cars to order silver-carbon accents. Whoever installed these did a flawless job. Heck, the dealer wasn't even sure if he had them custom ordered from Nissan or not.

As far as the GT-R being the best "overall" car I've driven, I'll try and explain.

I've driven many great cars, but very few are what I would call true 'all-arounders'. From the perspective of someone only being able to own only one car, one car that has to do it all, I think the 997TT.2 PDK or PDK TT 'S' are probably the best overall cars in the world in the world. But, I haven't driven either one of them yet, nor are they priced anywhere near as low as a GT-R.

I think all three cars excel at the following:

-Performance
-Technology
-Comfort
-Ease of driveability in any scenario; including wet and/or foul weather (AWD), or heavy traffic (due to the sequential transmissions)
-Moddability

The obvious difference is that the GT-R costs around half what the other two cars do.

The GT-R has tons of grip, excellent acceleration, very tight handling (better than you'd think), and perfect braking. The technology from the Bose stereo system, and the MFD/NAV system is equal to or better than any other car I've experienced (the stereo is the best, bar none).

The sequential tranny is phenomenal. I haven't driven PDK yet, but I have driven BMW's DCT and the GT-R's sequential is equal to or better than DCT.

The car is heavy, but the weight is not felt on the street. The PDK cars aren't lightweights either for that matter.

Looks, well they are purely subjective and not worth debating. I love how 911's look. Some people don't. I also love how GT-R's look. Some people don't. Whatever. I will say I get a LOT more looks in the GT-R than I ever have in any Porsche, or another car I've owned.

I drove 6 hours home in the GT-R yesterday, stuck in traffic for 1.5 of those hours, and the GT-R was unbelievably comfortable. The ergonomics are perfect for my taste, the seats are outstanding, the NAV system was flawless and the stereo was incredible. I've heard the Mark Levinson system in Infinitis and this GT-R Bose system blows it away.

Cars like the GT2, GT3 and focused perfomance cars. They are not designed to everything well, not should their owners expect them to. They greatly excel at specific tasks, and as long as you have one or two daily drivers to go along with them, they are pretty much the perfect dedicated performance car(s).

To summarize; when it comes to one car that can truly do everything well, I believe the 997.2 PDKs probably rule the hen-house, regardless of price. But in the GTR's price range, I don't think any other car can compete.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-11-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
CTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of lightCTT-QTR is a glorious beacon of light
Good write-up Scott enjoy every minute of her !!

Old 10-09-2010, 10:23 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
It's a matter of taste not a matter of better car.You don't buy a Porsche to feel confortable as a suv or buy Porsche to get looks at your car.Porsche made its name racing and winning all kind of races,even the Dakar Rally.The 996 TURBO is the only GT car that has won the 24 hours of Daytona...betting the DPs.Porsche is NOT a city car,it's the scence of a trully sport car.

I am still glad that you are so happy with that special car,the GTR.

Old 10-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
It's a matter of taste not a matter of better car.
Using that logic, "that it is only a matter of taste", you could just as easily say that a Toyota Prius is a better car than any Porsche.

You don't buy a Porsche to feel confortable as a suv or buy Porsche to get looks at your car.
You don't buy a GT-R for those reasons either. It's not a luxury car, nor is it curb jewelry. But it is very comfortable and does garner a lot of attention, regardless of what you purchased it for.

Porsche made its name racing and winning all kind of races,even the Dakar Rally.The 996 TURBO is the only GT car that has won the 24 hours of Daytona...betting the DPs.Porsche is NOT a city car,it's the scence of a trully sport car
I'm not going to get into a debate about this. I'm not putting Porsche down or ignoring its racing heritage. The Skyline has quite a bit of heritage as well. Research it on your own if you're curious.

Let's not forget that the GT-R consistently outperforms both the 996TT and 997.1 TT in almost all head-to-head comparisons.

Anyway, until someone has spent a decent amount time behind the wheel of a GT-R, they honestly don't what they are talking about.

Believe what you want, my friend!

Old 10-09-2010, 11:29 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Using that logic, "that it is only a matter of taste", you could just as easily say that a Toyota Prius is a better car than any Porsche.

You don't buy a GT-R for those reasons either. It's not a luxury car, nor is it curb jewelry. But it is very comfortable and does garner a lot of attention, regardless of what you purchased it for.

I'm not going to get into a debate about this. I'm not putting Porsche down or ignoring its racing heritage. The Skyline has quite a bit of heritage as well. Research it on your own if you're curious.

Let's not forget that the GT-R consistently outperforms both the 996TT and 997.1 TT in almost all head-to-head comparisons.

I've seen, in TV offcoarse,the FIA races in europe and the GTR not always beat the GT3

Anyway, until someone has spent a decent amount time behind the wheel of a GT-R, they honestly don't what they are talking about.

Believe what you want, my friend!
The GTR outperform the 996 TT AND 997.1 TT in almost all head to head comparisions.I've seen,on TV ofcoarse,FIA racing in europe and the GTR is in upper category and NOT always beat the GT3RSR....what would happens if Porsche could runs the GT2RSR.

I have told you twice,i am glad to see you happy with the GTR.You're a sport-racing person,I LIKE THAT, so am i but with different point of view.
You won't let sleep because of that neither will i.

Scott,i've seen also the AMS vid and the GTR is an amazing car.Enjoy her as you deserve it.

Your friend,Rolando

Old 10-09-2010, 11:37 AM
alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !alex55 Is a GOD !
don't fight guys!

Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Excellent write up.

I love your interior. I'd like to know EXACTLY where that came from (we may never know). I'm very pleased to hear your positive reaction. It's quite difficult to explain how the GT-R feels, in relation to other cars.

Old 10-09-2010, 12:31 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Great write-up! Some nervous p-car owners in here! :P

Old 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Scott -

Thanks for sharing. Glad everything worked out at the dealer. That could have been quite the fiasco.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Scott -

Thanks for sharing. Glad everything worked out at the dealer. That could have been quite the fiasco.
Umm yeah, you dropped a little tidbit in an earlier post,,,care to elaborate on why you ended up with a different car after all that travel?

Old 10-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Umm yeah, you dropped a little tidbit in an earlier post,,,care to elaborate on why you ended up with a different car after all that travel?
Sure.

After I arrived at the dealer and was going over the final paperwork, I noticed that the car I was buying was a "buy-back" car from Nissan.

The dealer explained that the original owner had complained about how the transmission was shifting so Nissan bought the car back from him, and in order to prove to future potential buyers of the car that the transmission was sound, doubled the transmission warranty from 50k miles to 100k miles.

Unfortunately, the language on both the buy-back paperwork and the Carfax reads "buy-back or Lemon". I told the dealer even I believed them (which I did), it didn't matter me if the car was in perfect condition or not. I simply won't buy a car without a 100% clean Carfax due to potential resale issues, even if the price for the car is very low.

I ended up locating a better car, with less miles and a better color (albeit more expensive) just down the street, and purchased it instead.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:53 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Holy crap....thankfully there was another car, loca,l ready to be had...as far as that dealer...that wasn't cool...happy for you that it worked out. Dying to hear more especially after you...you know...flash it next week...

Old 10-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by alex55
don't fight guys!

I own both cars so I have no dog in, nor am I trying to instigate, any fight. I'm simply stating the facts. Whether people want to believe me or not is completely up to them.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-09-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by ttboost
Holy crap....thankfully there was another car, loca,l ready to be had...as far as that dealer...that wasn't cool...happy for you that it worked out. Dying to hear more especially after you...you know...flash it next week...
I'm actually still deciding if I want to drive it around stock for a little while longer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) GT-R