Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My new (to me) GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Man people might think they are your brakelights and your driving backwards! Hahahaha!

Old 10-11-2010, 05:45 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
So here's another thing the previous owner apparently installed on the car. Red parking lights.

I'm dropping the car off at my local dealer tomorrow morning for the 12-month POS and oil/filter change. I wonder if they'll find anything else?
That's an interesting mod... Looks kind'a mean. I'd be afraid of a ticket (at least in NC).

Old 10-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Very good to hear! I'm glad you pulled the trigger and with your car history, I'm pretty sure you knew what you were getting into! Let the mods begin

Last edited by Monaco; 03-13-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Monaco
Very good to hear! I'm glad you pulled the trigger and with your car history, I'm pretty sure you knew what you were getting into! Let the mods begin
-jpvarghese
Thanks, bro.

Why did you change your username?

Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vic55
Congrats on the purchase!!!! When I was considering the GTR back in 2009 many said it was too much of an "overlap" with my 997TT.

Im so glad I got it-- modding though is a must on this car.

Enjoy.
Thanks, Vic. I think the only time it might be an overlap is if someone already had a PDK Turbo.

As far as mods, we'll see. My GT2 is already so heavily modded (and fast), I kind of like the idea of having a stock GT-R.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
I kind of like the idea of having a stock GT-R.
That's ... he knows not what he speaks...

Old 10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
I seem to change my mind about it every couple hours or so.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:40 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
I knew my last post was right!

It's much quicker than that...my ISF did 11.8 seconds... If I recall it was in the 10 second range (or thereabouts).

Congrats on the new car Scott.

Peter
I ran a 9.99 tonight, full tank of 93, stock.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Thanks, Vic. I think the only time it might be an overlap is if someone already had a PDK Turbo.

As far as mods, we'll see. My GT2 is already so heavily modded (and fast), I kind of like the idea of having a stock GT-R.

I know you are the mod monster of cars---- me... not so much but this GT-R begs for its turbos to breathe and I dont think you will be able to sit tight.

A simple Cobb AP is 900 bucks--- you cant get that with Pcars... I actually did like the GT-R in stock format from a dig but felt it really plateau'd at triple digit speeds.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:57 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
congrats on the ride scott. i've been shopping both 996TT and recently almost closed on a 997.1 TT (so close to getting it), but the GTR has been lingering in the back of my mind. lots of GTR's in SoCal and they are impressive. This decision is getting harder and harder.

Old 10-12-2010, 04:29 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
^Not really.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Stock car. Best "overall", or "all-around". I'll explain later.
Thats exactly how I feel about my GTR!

Old 10-12-2010, 05:45 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
I own both cars so I have no dog in, nor am I trying to instigate, any fight. I'm simply stating the facts. Whether people want to believe me or not is completely up to them.
Scott I told you the GTR is awesome! Glad you got to find out for yourself, I will be taking mine to VIR this weekend to try a different kind of tracking. I just got back from Spring Mountain in the ZR1 and got the road course bug again and my buddie Jimmy told me thats where the GTR really shines. By the way Mike Levitas of TPC called me and told me he recently drove a GTR and told me he thought the car was unreal!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Scott I told you the GTR is awesome! Glad you got to find out for yourself, I will be taking mine to VIR this weekend to try a different kind of tracking. I just got back from Spring Mountain in the ZR1 and got the road course bug again and my buddie Jimmy told me thats where the GTR really shines. By the way Mike Levitas of TPC called me and told me he recently drove a GTR and told me he thought the car was unreal!
Jamie -

Agreed! The haters will simply never understand. It's a phenomenal car and I can't believe I went so damn long without owning one.

Have fun at VIR, bro. Sounds like a blast!

Old 10-12-2010, 09:12 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Jamie -

Agreed! The haters will simply never understand. It's a phenomenal car and I can't believe I went so damn long without owning one.

Have fun at VIR, bro. Sounds like a blast!
As the wise man Darth Vader said "If you only knew the power of The Dark Side!!!".

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) GT-R