Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My new (to me) GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 12:06 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
As far as the GT-R vs your GT2, your GT2 is infinitely faster than the GT-R, no question lol. My point is that on the drag strip though or at the stoplight, the GT-R could actually be the surprise victor with a huge hp and weight disadvantage. Just shows the benefits of the GT-R's AWD system and transmission.

I have seen the videos of the GT-R vs Gintani M3. All I can tell you is that I raced against an E90 M3 that was supercharged and built by ESS (he shipped it to arizona for the build and tuning). He dyno'd at 590rwhp from what I remember. He wouldn't go from the dig so I gave in and finally agreed to go from a roll. We did about 5 rolls, all from different highway speeds up to the 170-180mph range. Every single time I would pull on him HARD. I kept on pulling and pulling and he didn't have any advantage. He was really confused and was on the phone with ESS right after the race trying to figure out what was going on.

Note: I thought it was a Gintani build but it was ESS from Arizona. Sorry for the mixup. Perhaps the Gintani 590rwhp M3's are faster than the ESS 590rwhp M3's? lol...

That would explain it... 600 hp GTR's locally run very close to even with the Gintani SC M3's. One day, the GTR wins by a car, next weekend, M3 wins by a car. Both cars are impressive. No personal experience with ESS.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Street is infamous around these parts
I ran an 11.2 with horrible DA, track prep, and not the greatest launch. It can be done with the right launch. You guys have to work on the "double pump" method to get the 60' down, assuming you have LC2.
I got the LC3. It gets right at 3,300. What kind of mph you get? 126?

Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Street
I got the LC3. It gets right at 3,300. What kind of mph you get? 126?
Again, horrible DA. I only got 123.5 but my friend with his GT-R who trapped 130mph at a better track in better DA was trapping 126 that night, so going on that assumption I should have hit right around 126 if I was at a normal track and not in humid conditions.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Best video I have of my car racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzxzcngPWV8

Me against an hplogic-tuned (jack cecil tune) GT-R with downpipe, midpipe, and who knows what else lol. He's my friend but he is extremely shady when it comes to mods. He almost always wins. It's also featuring Scott's best friend Oldgixxer haha! The Gray GT-R ran a 10.6x @ 130mph to get an idea of what speed it is capable of with more mods. Sorry for poor camera location. Neil sold me the GoPro without telling me how or where to mount it LOL.

In the video, he got the jump from the dig and he was using the double pump technique, but you can see he kept pulling regardless. We went maybe 6 times from a dig that night. I beat him a few times because I got the jump and he couldn't reel me in. On one race we started even and he definitely had the advantage. We did a good highway roll to and from 60-170 he was ahead by about a car and a half. He may have turned the boost down though to stay close to me on purpose so who knows...

Last edited by ItalianStallion; 10-18-2010 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Best video I have of my car racing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzxzcngPWV8

Me against an hplogic-tuned (jack cecil tune) GT-R with downpipe, midpipe, and who knows what else lol. He's my friend but he is extremely shady when it comes to mods. He almost always wins. It's also featuring Scott's best friend Oldgixxer haha! The Gray GT-R ran a 10.6x @ 130mph to get an idea of what speed it is capable of with more mods. Sorry for poor camera location. Neil sold me the GoPro without telling me how or where to mount it LOL.

In the video, he got the jump from the dig and he was using the double pump technique, but you can see he kept pulling regardless. We went maybe 6 times from a dig that night. I beat him a few times because I got the jump and he couldn't reel me in. On one race we started even and he definitely had the advantage. We did a good highway roll to and from 60-170 he was ahead by about a car and a half. He may have turned the boost down though to stay close to me on purpose so who knows...

Good stuff! You got stock Down pipes?

Old 10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
...Cant wait for track Friday. I hope we break in the 10's with our GTR's and rep Switer.
Oh I think you can break into the 10's no problem! I ran 10.74 on my first pass this April at MIR on opening day with just a tune and HKS midpipe, although I do have a different tune than yours. I will be a MIR Friday also and hope to match or beat the 10.74 this Friday myself if there is good traction and cool air. I was out today in my GT2 but traction wasn't great and the temps got to about 78 and that wasn't good for optimal times but I was able to squeeze out a 10.89 on the stock pirelli street tires babying it out of the hole.

Last edited by jamie furman; 10-18-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
I ran 10.74 on my first pass this April at MIR on opening day with just a tune and HKS midpipe, although I do have a different tune than yours.
Which tune do you have?

I was out today in my GT2 but traction wasn't great and the temps got to about 78 and that wasn't good for optimal times but I was able to squeeze out a 10.89 on the stock pirelli street tires babying it out of the hole.
Very nice, Jamie! What was the mph on that pass?

Old 10-18-2010, 05:03 PM
Oh I think you can break into the 10's no problem! I ran 10.74 on my first pass this April at MIR on opening day with just a tune and HKS midpipe, although I do have a different tune than yours. I will be a MIR Friday also and hope to match or beat the 10.74 this Friday myself if there is good traction and cool air. I was out today in my GT2 but traction wasn't great and the temps got to about 78 and that wasn't good for optimal times but I was able to squeeze out a 10.89 on the stock pirelli street tires babying it out of the hole.
I sure hope so. I will be very happy running 10's with so little done.
Good run with the GT2 on street tire. Friday will be fun!

Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Which tune do you have?

I ran 10.85 @129.xx with DP,exhaust and tune the DA was 1200? that was on stockrunflats and 1.71 60ft time..

I have Jack Cecils tune ..His tune is very aggressive and has produced a ton of 10.4-10.8 times on exhaust and tune only..

Old 10-18-2010, 08:48 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Which tune do you have?

I have a Jack Cecil tune. The mph on my GT2 pass was 129.58 on my 10.89 run. I actually ran several 10 second passes today at about the same mph, I had drag radials with me but I didn't feel like putting them on as I really only went to help a friend pay for the rental. I think if the weather and traction would of been better today I could of knocked a couple of tenths off the times with the stock tires and more with DR's. I took the GT2 out in early April in good air and was running 10.7's at about 132mph with the same setup on stock tires.

Old 10-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Good stuff! You got stock Down pipes?
Stock downpipes, just what Scott has ordered. Y-pipe, drop in air filters, cobb with pre-loaded tune. Just make sure you datalog a bit and email it back to Tym and the boys so that they can make sure your tune is optimal.

The Jack Cecil tunes are proven to be the most powerful and most aggressive. He seems very knowledgable and his times don't lie, but the fact that he blew a few motors in the past still doesn't sit right with me. I'd rather lose .2 seconds ET than lose a motor...even though I hear his tunes are now safe. I just don't like to chance it being that I lost my LS7 and had some damage to my LSA due to being a bit aggressive...

Old 10-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Exclamation

I'd rather lose .2 seconds ET than lose a motor...
Quote of the year IMO, VR38DETT crate engine is ~$40K plus labor, if you buy ~$40K plus labor from us you will have a forged engine E/R900 package running 9.6-9.7 @ 145mph all day and all night.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:06 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
[quote=ItalianStallion;3013557]Stock downpipes, just what Scott has ordered. Y-pipe, drop in air filters, cobb with pre-loaded tune. Just make sure you datalog a bit and email it back to Tym and the boys so that they can make sure your tune is optimal.

The Jack Cecil tunes are proven to be the most powerful and most aggressive. He seems very knowledgable and his times don't lie, but the fact that he blew a few motors in the past still doesn't sit right with me. I'd rather lose .2 seconds ET than lose a motor...even though I hear his tunes are now safe. I just don't like to chance it being that I lost my LS7 and had some damage to my LSA due to being a bit aggressive...[/quote]

Exactly. My corvette turner (Doug Rippie)can get better dyno numbers out of my LS7 and be more aggressive with the tune but then it would be just a ticking timebomb. He is a tad on the conservative side but I have tons of roadcourse miles with a good deal of mile passes and 1/4 mile runs. Still going strong.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Stock downpipes, just what Scott has ordered. Y-pipe, drop in air filters, cobb with pre-loaded tune. Just make sure you datalog a bit and email it back to Tym and the boys so that they can make sure your tune is optimal.

The Jack Cecil tunes are proven to be the most powerful and most aggressive. He seems very knowledgable and his times don't lie, but the fact that he blew a few motors in the past still doesn't sit right with me. I'd rather lose .2 seconds ET than lose a motor...even though I hear his tunes are now safe. I just don't like to chance it being that I lost my LS7 and had some damage to my LSA due to being a bit aggressive...
The fact is even stock motors can blow up, LS7's being the prime example. When something is new like a GTR, there is a learning curve when you start tuning and sometimes there are bad consequences in some cases and thats life, you just hope its not your car! I am sure all tuners have a customer that can tell you a similar story, especially the guy that had to be the FIRST! but the good tuners will figure it out and develop something fast and safe. I have had my tune for about 8 or 9 months now and the car has behaved just like a stocker (trouble free) until I push it and then its just awesome! I know a couple guys who have the same tune as me and they have had it several months longer than I have and they have been trouble free also, so maybe Jack has figured out the tunes limit? I don't know what tuner is the best, the safest or the fastest, I guess you just have to go with who you feel comfortable with.

Last edited by jamie furman; 10-21-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
When something is new like a GTR, there is a learning curve when you start tuning and sometimes there are bad consequences in some cases and thats life, you just hope its not your car! I am sure all tuners have a customers that can tell you a similar story, especially the guy that had to be the FIRST! but the good tuners will figure it out and develop something fast and safe.
Not to "blow our own horn" but the following video was taken in February of 2009, this was our first P800 package, making 700whp. We achieved this without blowing up any engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5H4otfmv10

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) GT-R