Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My new (to me) GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:05 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jamie furman
The fact is even stock motors can blow up, LS7's being the prime example. When something is new like a GTR, there is a learning curve when you start tuning and sometimes there are bad consequences in some cases and thats life, you just hope its not your car! I am sure all tuners have a customers that can tell you a similar story, especially the guy that had to be the FIRST! but the good tuners will figure it out and develop something fast and safe. I have had my tune for about 8 or 9 months now and the car has behaved just like a stocker (trouble free) until I push it and then its just awesome! I know a couple guys who have the same tune as me and they have had it several months longer than I have and they have been trouble free also, so maybe Jack has figured out the tunes limit? I don't know what tuner is the best, the safest or the fastest, I guess you just have to go with who you feel comfortable with.

I agree man and there is nothing wrong with going with HPLogic. In my humble opinion, I just felt that if a tuner had a little history of blowing *a few* VR38's, even if he is 100% safe now, for me I just would rather have somebody else mod it who has been more conservative and has never damaged these motors. Hell, I have been tempted to go with Jack's tune myself, especially after seeing my friend's GT-R in action. But it's just a comfort level thing and for me it's just a personal decision. I like the way Switzer tunes the GT-R so that it is torquey throughout the entire powerband but the boost and AFR's stays within a safe and more conservative range (I datalogged with Switzer's tune and there was 0 knock under all sorts of loads). I daily drive the car as well as race it and push it pretty hard so I wanted to be 100% comfortable. I may not be the fastest but I do feel safe and can push the car to it's limits without worrying (not that you or any of Jack's customers can't either though!). Also, you are a freak driver and you always get the best out of every car. Congrats on having a wicked fast car with such minimal mods and props at extracting every bit of performance out of this car and the other ones in your stable

Old 10-20-2010, 09:16 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
I agree man and there is nothing wrong with going with HPLogic. In my humble opinion, I just felt that if a tuner had a little history of blowing *a few* VR38's, even if he is 100% safe now, for me I just would rather have somebody else mod it who has been more conservative and has never damaged these motors. Hell, I have been tempted to go with Jack's tune myself, especially after seeing my friend's GT-R in action. But it's just a comfort level thing and for me it's just a personal decision. I like the way Switzer tunes the GT-R so that it is torquey throughout the entire powerband but the boost and AFR's stays within a safe and more conservative range (I datalogged with Switzer's tune and there was 0 knock under all sorts of loads). I daily drive the car as well as race it and push it pretty hard so I wanted to be 100% comfortable. I may not be the fastest but I do feel safe and can push the car to it's limits without worrying (not that you or any of Jack's customers can't either though!). Also, you are a freak driver and you always get the best out of every car. Congrats on having a wicked fast car with such minimal mods and props at extracting every bit of performance out of this car and the other ones in your stable
I can agree with that.. the only thing is.. you said your car traps 123 with a custom tune?
I have seen other shops custom tune with same mods.. run 130 (Ams) forged , Spe also 129.xx , HB in Ca 131mph.. maybe your tune is extra safe?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
I can agree with that.. the only thing is.. you said your car traps 123 with a custom tune?
I have seen other shops custom tune with same mods.. run 130 (Ams) forged , Spe also 129.xx , HB in Ca 131mph.. maybe your tune is extra safe?
Well again, it was a very bad night at the track. High humidity, temps in the 90's, and track prep is notoriously horrendous (research Island Dragway aka the Ice Skating Rink). My friend who traps 130 with his GT-R was trapping 124-126 that night so my times definitely would have been much better at a place like Englishtown and on a nice fall evening. But I do also believe that my tune is very safe and Switzer went extra conservative as well since their theory is that the stock GT-R turbos run out of efficiency pretty easily and that to push the stock turbos too hard is just putting stress on the motor and turbos.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Well again, it was a very bad night at the track. High humidity, temps in the 90's, and track prep is notoriously horrendous (research Island Dragway aka the Ice Skating Rink). My friend who traps 130 with his GT-R was trapping 124-126 that night so my times definitely would have been much better at a place like Englishtown and on a nice fall evening. But I do also believe that my tune is very safe and Switzer went extra conservative as well since their theory is that the stock GT-R turbos run out of efficiency pretty easily and that to push the stock turbos too hard is just putting stress on the motor and turbos.

well if your friend who traps 130 was trapping 124ish.. then you should be trapping 128 ..that perfectly inline!

when are you going to step up to a P800 ?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM
well if your friend who traps 130 was trapping 124ish.. then you should be trapping 128 ..that perfectly inline!

when are you going to step up to a P800 ?
Funny you ask that because I just PM'ed Neil about that

We'll see what happens I'm a speed freak but I'm also very young and not sure if this is the wisest decision lol but then again, none of my car decisions have been too conservative and I'm still here and happy haha

Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Funny you ask that because I just PM'ed Neil about that

We'll see what happens I'm a speed freak but I'm also very young and not sure if this is the wisest decision lol but then again, none of my car decisions have been too conservative and I'm still here and happy haha

I say do it! 700whp is very tame, but also very quick on a GTR...
will make you smile everytime you hop in that car!

Old 10-20-2010, 11:01 AM
I say do it! 700whp is very tame, but also very quick on a GTR...
will make you smile everytime you hop in that car!
I know....eh we'll see my man! lol Sorry to get off topic here anyway. Good luck on the build Vegas. I'm sure your car will be a fire breathing monster.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Street is infamous around these parts
I will be taking my GTR with Switzer tune this Friday to track. I sure hope to hit 127+ mph and would be very happy with a 10 sec pass. I think Scott will have his there too. So we will see what kind of MPH we can make with Switzer. Also... Jamie's car HP Lodic, AAM, and AMS GTR's will all be there.
We will see same day same track how we all run. Should be very fun day!

ItalianStallion, Bring your car up to MIR track Friday and run with us.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Street
I will be taking my GTR with Switzer tune this Friday to track. I sure hope to hit 127+ mph and would be very happy with a 10 sec pass. I think Scott will have his there too. So we will see what kind of MPH we can make with Switzer. Also... Jamie's car HP Lodic, AAM, and AMS GTR's will all be there.

This Fri?....DAMN...I'll see what I can do....I'd LOVE to be there

Old 10-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Street

Which AMS car? Zeus?

I think there will be some 9 sec passes that day AAM's car is making 800ish ..
make sure you guys video the runs !!

Old 10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I feel jealous and left out...

Old 10-20-2010, 02:50 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
^ Dont worry im on the forums with my huge *** truck. Think how i feel? ='(

Old 10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
^ Dont worry im on the forums with my huge *** truck. Think how i feel? ='(
Thanks! I feel better...

Old 10-20-2010, 03:22 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Thanks! I feel better...
^ screw you i hope your tranny pukes out

Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
^ screw you i hope your tranny pukes out
I know you mean that in the nicest way possible...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new (to me) GT-R