Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:19 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ☣MUSCLE☣
The GTR is a very fast car. For its weight? An Engineering masterpiece; Daily Driver? Absolutely Amazing. We all secretly either love the GTR or are jealous of it. No avid car enthusiast can deny that's it's a work of automotive art. NO ARGUMENTS from me on its credibility.

That being said however, fastest MASS PRODUCED car? Is it just me or are they trying to create a classification just to put in a record? Next we'll see fastest car around the ring with a rear spoiler! Or fastest AWD production car vs. Rear Wheel which is even more credible then MP car!

Official Time for a PRODUCTION car. (Only classification that counts in my opinion). 7:18 to the RS.

"...Porsche has just released the first official photo of the hardest-core GT2 RS, announcing that this super sports car can lap the Nürburgring in just 7 minutes, 18 seconds – 4 seconds ahead of the current production car leader, the Viper ACR. Porsche has achieved this monumental feat thanks to the addition of 90-hp and the reduction of 154 lbs of weight. And that;s compared to the already potent, capable and light weight GT2..."

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...hs-at-gtr.html

But that's just me....

I agree with you 100%.. 500 "mass production" record is a joke.. the GT2 RS ran 7.18 , then that is a production car and its faster ..regardless of how many were built..

now the only thing i have to ask is alot of people are saying the GT2 record was not the full ring track , but a slighly shorter run? can anyone confirm this to be true?

"ZR1, ACR and GT-R all ran full course which is 20,832 m (68,346 ft) only the Porsche 911 GT2 RS ran 20,600 m (67,600 ft) which is a shorter track"

Old 10-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
1. What BS that the OP has to bring this to a Porsche Forum. Most don't care what the GTR can do and if they do there's a forum we can go read this at.

2. If the Porsche ran a shorter track then it's BS to say they have the record. It's BS for the track to allow it.

3. This is a 2012 car, who says it even makes it to production in this form? Again BS.

I blame the track for allowing each manufacture to claim a record using different rules so they all can say we're the fastest. IMO it's about $ not a super car.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:10 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MTGTS
Nissan with another crazy claim that nobody will be able to come close to replicating.
Open your eyes and read magazines. A German magazine did 7:38. And the porsche turbo they drove did 7:50.

Originally Posted by Hogapalooza
1. What BS that the OP has to bring this to a Porsche Forum. Most don't care what the GTR can do and if they do there's a forum we can go read this at.

2. If the Porsche ran a shorter track then it's BS to say they have the record. It's BS for the track to allow it.

3. This is a 2012 car, who says it even makes it to production in this form? Again BS.

I blame the track for allowing each manufacture to claim a record using different rules so they all can say we're the fastest. IMO it's about $ not a super car.
As for it being in the wrong section, i dont know about it, I opened the GTR section and saw it here. If so then i guess it was wrong.

Your sig is pretty interesting, ha. Jesus man get over yourself.

911 tt cost us 150k, GTRs cost 135k. It's not about money. It's your insecurities acting up driving a 7 yr old car and taking shots at people and Nissan.It's only perpetuating the ******bag Porsche Guy image.

Porsche 996 tt was my first love, but jeez get off that high horse.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Hogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond reputeHogapalooza has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
Open your eyes and read magazines. A German magazine did 7:38. And the porsche turbo they drove did 7:50.

As for it being in the wrong section, i dont know about it, I opened the GTR section and saw it here. If so then i guess it was wrong.

911 tt cost us 150k, GTRs cost 135k. It's not about money. It's your insecurities acting up driving a 7 yr old car and taking shots at people and Nissan.It's only perpetuating the ******bag Porsche Guy image.

It was moved here from the 996TT/GT2 FORUM this moring right after my post. Ask the mods if you have issue w/ it.

I didn't take any shots at any1. The fact it was a thread started in the 996TT/GT2 forum is BS.

In fact if you had any reading comprehension skills you would see that I said " Porsche claiming a record on a shorter track is BS. "

Kinda like your post. My sig is true even if you don't like it. KMA.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Mods can move it.. but i know alot of Porsche guys look at the ring as a benchmark .. the new 2012 GTR has just broken the world record for mass production Supercar in the RING with a 7.20

gotta give it respect!!
Meh...I lapped my local Walmart in 7:15...

Old 10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by LuckyEff

Didn't they claim a 7:26 ro something? 12 seconds is NOT close

Old 10-18-2010, 01:47 PM
1017 is infamous around these parts
It's the 2011 GTR, no idea why the OP put 2012.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Mods can move it.. but i know alot of Porsche guys look at the ring as a benchmark .. the new 2012 GTR has just broken the world record for mass production Supercar in the RING with a 7.20

gotta give it respect!!
Owners like you are partly the reason Porsche owners don't like GTR's. Hell, its part of the reason I didn't get one until last year. There is no reason to start this BS again on a 996/7 forum. Nutswing all you want off times you'll never be able to replicate, but at least keep it on a GTR forum.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
CLAIMS ARE CLAIMS!!! we should continue this GTR vs P-car fight in 2012

Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
It was moved here from the 996TT/GT2 FORUM this moring right after my post. Ask the mods if you have issue w/ it.

I didn't take any shots at any1. The fact it was a thread started in the 996TT/GT2 forum is BS.

In fact if you had any reading comprehension skills you would see that I said " Porsche claiming a record on a shorter track is BS. "

Kinda like your post. My sig is true even if you don't like it. KMA.
About the post in 996 section, yes not right at all.

Yes the GTR is a nissan, so?

Originally Posted by MTGTS
Didn't they claim a 7:26 ro something? 12 seconds is NOT close
Same magazine tested 911 tt at 7:50. still not close to official numbers.

See what i did there?

This is not a 911tt vs GTR thread. It's an achievement on the GTR's part.

997.2 TT vs 2012 GTR is what is gonna be good. Let's wait for these comparos!

Old 10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
graider has a spectacular aura aboutgraider has a spectacular aura aboutgraider has a spectacular aura about
wow, i'm surprise by porsche owners's responses to the OP in this thread. i don't own either cars but wow, what are you guys, 15?

why so much hate for the gtr? is this due to insecurities?

i'm not going to side with any cars, but here is my 2 cents. I don't care if nissan claim is right or porsche accuse is right, but common sense tell me that if a mag like car and driver got the production 2008 gtr around laguna seca 5 second faster than the production c6 z06 and the 997.1 turbo, then it is legit and the ring time is believable.

Last edited by graider; 10-18-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
+1 100% correct, its not the GTR but the owners themself knowingly want to start a porsche vs nissan war. i was going to buy a new GTR but instead i bought a 997tt. at the end of the day it still a porsche.
with all due respect to the GTR but disrespecting some GTR owners. can we just stop this back n forth game?
look at the limited v spec, 5 extra hp, 200 lbs less costing $170,000 or more and only a year or so got smoked by a regular GTR.
what i enjoy most is dealer service along side other porsches, GTR can also enjoy their sevices along side other Sentras, Murangos, Altimas.....we can go on and on. let just enjoy these beautiful cars n stop the bashing
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Owners like you are partly the reason Porsche owners don't like GTR's. Hell, its part of the reason I didn't get one until last year. There is no reason to start this BS again on a 996/7 forum. Nutswing all you want off times you'll never be able to replicate, but at least keep it on a GTR forum.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM
achenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the roughachenator is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by NOLA911
I still cannot stand the looks.. even the new body style kills me. Too much of my pleasure of owning a sports car is the "look back"

The interior is another story. This interior makes the 996tt look like it's from the stone ages. I love it.

go to the first post of the nagtroc.org page and check out the new egoist interiors. SWEET.

Once again, I have a difference of opinion with you on looks. I used to think that about the gt-r's looks when I saw it in magazines and on the net. After seeing a few and now owning one, it definately has a presence about it. I do the look back and like what I see.

Old 10-18-2010, 07:59 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
love that interior WOW

Originally Posted by NOLA911
I still cannot stand the looks.. even the new body style kills me. Too much of my pleasure of owning a sports car is the "look back"

The interior is another story. This interior makes the 996tt look like it's from the stone ages. I love it.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I'm the mod who moved this thread to the appropriate section. Please keep it civil, or my next step will be to close it. The childish and continuous back-and-forth between GT-R fans and P-car fans is seriously getting old.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!