Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
Well the normal interior will be as follows for us guys:
Those interior shots are hot!

Old 10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
No one should be ashamed to ask questions and learn. There are folks on here who have forgotten more than I know. And I generally know my place. But frankly the questions you ask and the comments you make do not reconcile with your claim of 21 years of street/strip racing. Regardless, I surf Fagtroc to keep up on new developments and occasionally log on for travel entertainment to poke fun of the rampant bull**** posted by all the Godzilla sheep who believe everything they read on a forum. I could absolutely care less what anyone on that forum thinks. Hell, there's probably less than a dozen who post who are even worth listening to.

But the fact that Switzer built me the fastest stock block GTR by over 2 tenths on its first track rental is nuts - especially given how little effort was made on our first track outing. So go re-read your all trash talking about Switzer (long before I joined the forum) and how all of his cars just post dyno numbers and/or bull**** timeslips - and then you'll start to understand why we laugh at you and your 21 years of racing experience.

Wow..coming from mister "don't bench race" I would think you would agree about taking the cars to the track..back in the day no switzer owner was taking the cars to the track( no fault of switzer) and the few cars that went were running 10.5. And up..I can't say that I'm not impressed with your time .. I give credit where credit is due ..and have given mad props to switzer in mikes car.. 157 is no joke and they are a great shop... Like I said I never had anything against switzer at all.. Great shop and I don't recall making comments against them?.. Just was looking for Time slips..

Although my car no longer has stock pistons,. I will be gunning for your record for mod turbos.. Vegas DA will make it very very tough..but I Will try..

Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
LOL strong claim, too bad no one will ever get close to that, from a non factory car/claim.

BUT, that interior is GORGEOUS!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
^Ohio i dont know about you but most porsche guys come across as smugs. This guy a few pages before has a ridiculous sig about nissan and dealership. I mean yeah sure buddy have fun driving a 7 yr old porsche tt. Why be smug?

Anyhoo where are those Hayabusa videos, i gotta bench race :P

Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL strong claim, too bad no one will ever get close to that, from a non factory car/claim.

BUT, that interior is GORGEOUS!
will be faster than 997.2 tt

Old 10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
will be faster than 997.2 tt
I'm glad you find that relevant to anything I posted.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
I'm glad you find that relevant to anything I posted.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
This IS the 2012, no?

Anybody who has been following the GT-R's knows that the 2011's have been available to order for sometime now, in extremely limited numbers. The 2012 was just tested and released for public view - not able to be ordered yet. It is in production form - this is not a prototype.

Nissan stated from the beginning, the car was going to evolve each year. This is no surprise.

For those people who argue 'claimed' times - this is tired.

Didn't we already extrapolate from SportAuto that:
Nissan claimed 7:26, SportAuto HvS acheived 7:38 - difference of 12 secs
Porsche claimed 7:38 for the 997 Turbo, HvS got a 7:54 - difference of 16secs
The new 2012 GT-R Nissan claimed 7:20 (7:24 in semi-wet) - HvS acheived 7:34 - difference of 14secs.

So which of these claims seems the most outlandish? I say none of them. They are all great cars at this level.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
This IS the 2012, no?

Anybody who has been following the GT-R's knows that the 2011's have been available to order for sometime now, in extremely limited numbers. The 2012 was just tested and released for public view - not able to be ordered yet. It is in production form - this is not a prototype.

Nissan stated from the beginning, the car was going to evolve each year. This is no surprise.

For those people who argue 'claimed' times - this is tired.

Didn't we already extrapolate from SportAuto that:
Nissan claimed 7:26, SportAuto HvS acheived 7:38 - difference of 12 secs
Porsche claimed 7:38 for the 997 Turbo, HvS got a 7:54 - difference of 16secs
The new 2012 GT-R Nissan claimed 7:20 (7:24 in semi-wet) - HvS acheived 7:34 - difference of 14secs.

So which of these claims seems the most outlandish? I say none of them. They are all great cars at this level.
What about the ACR have they tested that?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:14 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by revracer
Not sure... I didn't see one.

I know Chrysler claimed 7:22. Anybody else ever test it there?
Chevy claimed 7:26 on the ZR-1 - SportAuto acheived a 7:38. - identical delta as the Gen 1 GT-R.

Why do people cry foul when Nissan does it, but every other manufacturer sees the same or worse result?

Is it logic? Or is it badging?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:15 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
The ACR was tested with people from Motor Trend in attendence.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by MTGTS
So besides the Radical and the Apollo the ACR is the fastest still? Correct me if Im wrong but that car and the 2010 acr have different gearing which would make the 2010 even faster around the ring?

Old 10-20-2010, 03:21 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
So besides the Radical and the Apollo the ACR is the fastest still? Correct me if Im wrong but that car and the 2010 acr have different gearing which would make the 2010 even faster around the ring?
Yes, different gearing (as a direct result from the Ring run) and some other small adjustments. The 2010 is 1.1 sec faster @ Laguna (production car record) than a 2008-2009 car with the same driver. If/when a 2010 gets over there it will go into the teens easily.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by MTGTS
Right, but it was still a factory claim.

Nissan claimed their 7:26 with Best Motoring AND video.

They are still factory claims.

I was using the factory claim against the delta of a constant. Unfortunately, SportAuto hasn't tested the ACR at the 'Ring (at least I didn't find it, please somebody help out, if they know something better).

Old 10-20-2010, 05:28 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
GTR is a great car, many in the porsche community respect what it is able to accomplish, both on the street and on the track. I think so highly of it that I'm seriously starting to shop for one...but, it's stupid and childish to continue to put NB times on a flag and wave it in the face of P car owners. Especially if you don't even track the car, which then I don't think anyone really cares how fast your car is on a track in another country driven by a professional driver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!