Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 05:36 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jhuang25
GTR is a great car, many in the porsche community respect what it is able to accomplish, both on the street and on the track. I think so highly of it that I'm seriously starting to shop for one...but, it's stupid and childish to continue to put NB times on a flag and wave it in the face of P car owners. Especially if you don't even track the car, which then I don't think anyone really cares how fast your car is on a track in another country driven by a professional driver.
Very true +1

Old 10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
I mean yeah sure buddy have fun driving a 7 yr old porsche tt. Why be smug?
As much as I LOVE the GT-R, I definitely wouldn't call it a better car than a 7 or 8 year old year old 996 GT2. It's a better all-arounder, sure. Faster around a road-course as well. But a better car? I don't believe so. The 996 GT2 is one of the best, focused, sports cars in the world.

That said; smugness has no place from either side of the argument. Especially from those that consider themselves "enthusiasts".

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-20-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:06 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

Nissan claimed their 7:26 with Best Motoring AND video.
I'm pretty sure you can find the 7:22 video on the net as well.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Or is it badging?
Bingo.

That, along with a wide-spread, inaccurate perception that a car that weighs as much as the GT-R does cannot honestly go around a road course as quickly as the claimed numbers suggest. Once most people drive the car, however, they will change that paradigm very quickly.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 10-20-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 06:39 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhuang25
... I don't think anyone really cares how fast your car is on a track in another country driven by a professional driver.
Hell, I track my car, and I still don't give sh*t about what somebody else can do with it, on a track that I'll never drive (maybe).
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
That said; smugness has no place from either side of the argument. Especially from those that consider themselves "enthusiasts".
+1
Originally Posted by MTGTS
I'm pretty sure you can find the 7:22 video on the net as well.
Right, along with Nissan's 7:20. It is still a factory claim. My point? Put HvS in the car to compare apples to apples. HvS got a 7:34 around the 'Ring in the 2012 GT-R.
(regarding: badging)
That, along with a wide-spread, inaccurate perception that a car that weighs as much as the GT-R does cannot honestly go around a road course as quickly as the claimed numbers suggest. Once most people drive the car, however, they will change that paradigm very quickly.
Agreed.

Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Ill wait to see the video, IMO the viper is still the king of the mass produced which is a stupid title and the gumpert is still the fastest for a real street car. The radical lapped it even faster but you cant compare an open air race car to the gumpert or the viper IMO.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:05 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
ACR prod numbers are real limited and gumpert is one uneasy and uncomfortable ride. You have to see how a person gets out of it.

That said those cars are awesome. In the end it's all good for us.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:08 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
That said those cars are awesome. In the end it's all good for us.
Couldnt of said it better myself, its a great time to be a car guy.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
As much as I LOVE the GT-R, I definitely wouldn't call it a better car than a 7 or 8 year old year old 996 GT2. It's a better all-arounder, sure. Faster around a road-course as well. But a better car? I don't believe so. The 996 GT2 is one of the best, focused, sports cars in the world.

I didnt mean to put down porsche, infact 996 tt and r33 were the cars i appreciated the most growing up. and im pretty sure i will own a 996 tt down the line.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Wow..coming from mister "don't bench race" I would think you would agree about taking the cars to the track..back in the day no switzer owner was taking the cars to the track( no fault of switzer) and the few cars that went were running 10.5. And up..I can't say that I'm not impressed with your time .. I give credit where credit is due ..and have given mad props to switzer in mikes car.. 157 is no joke and they are a great shop... Like I said I never had anything against switzer at all.. Great shop and I don't recall making comments against them?.. Just was looking for Time slips..

Although my car no longer has stock pistons,. I will be gunning for your record for mod turbos.. Vegas DA will make it very very tough..but I Will try..
You were one of the handful on the GTR forums criticizing SPI on the D42 timeslip last year and for not posting any track numbers. Tym (and most of his customers) knew what the cars were capable of and could care less about internet warriors 'looking for timeslips'. None of us care about the forum wars....and hence why we weren't even going to post anything until a mole at the track starting texting friends....

Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
^Ohio i dont know about you but most porsche guys come across as smugs. This guy a few pages before has a ridiculous sig about nissan and dealership. I mean yeah sure buddy have fun driving a 7 yr old porsche tt. Why be smug?

Anyhoo where are those Hayabusa videos, i gotta bench race :P
I wouldn't say most, but yes, there are some older school badge elitists on here for sure. But I would generally say, the GTR owners are a more ignorant bunch than the Porsche crowd. Maybe its age, maybe its from the cars they previously owned and found a way to stretch into a GTR, but reading the GTR forums when a dyno or a track slip is posted will make you flat out laugh!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 AM
^I guess we can find these people anywhere. Anyhoo any more racing videos?

Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM
^I guess we can find these people anywhere. Anyhoo any more racing videos?
There should be, friend had the camera, so hopefully he edits this weekend....

Old 10-21-2010, 10:16 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
You were one of the handful on the GTR forums criticizing SPI on the D42 timeslip last year and for not posting any track numbers. Tym (and most of his customers) knew what the cars were capable of and could care less about internet warriors 'looking for timeslips'. None of us care about the forum wars....and hence why we weren't even going to post anything until a mole at the track starting texting friends....

Wrong Again!.. you have me confused with someone else..maybe Boss?

you can view all my posts (about 10) takes 2 minutes to read all of them.. I just read them... and i did not see one single bash on switzer..I defended Bullo on every post..

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34386

Old 10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Faster around the road course!??! What are the variables, stock to stock, or? I haven't met a GTR and it's owner to come anywhere NEAR me on any circuit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!