Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Faster around the road course!??! What are the variables, stock to stock, or? I haven't met a GTR and it's owner to come anywhere NEAR me on any circuit?
Yes, stock to stock the GT-R is the faster track car.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:28 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Faster around the road course!??! What are the variables, stock to stock, or? I haven't met a GTR and it's owner to come anywhere NEAR me on any circuit?
This is a false equation...

We all know the GT-R does not require a driver in order to lap faster than the Porsche.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Mercennarius is infamous around these parts

Old 10-21-2010, 06:32 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Thanks for the pic. I like that new front lip on the '12s.

Old 10-25-2010, 04:47 AM
Spec is infamous around these parts
Here's my take on the topic. It's open discussion.

Comparing times that's not yours is wrong. Can you drive the GTR that fast? Can you drive the 911 that fast? Why dig into Nissan for their achievements? Are you nervous? Why not congratulate Porsche for having an honest true 10 second car from the factory.

Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 AM
Originally Posted by Spec
Here's my take on the topic. It's open discussion.

Comparing times that's not yours is wrong. Can you drive the GTR that fast? Can you drive the 911 that fast? Why dig into Nissan for their achievements? Are you nervous? Why not congratulate Porsche for having an honest true 10 second car from the factory.
I've got a few things to say to this (apparent) contradicting post.

#1 It's just a benchmark. People who discuss these as absolutes (and did not drive them) are mag-racing, nothing more.

#2 People who throw out accusations about Nissan's claimed time (who drive either a Corvette or Porsche 911) have less ground to stand on (based on claimed times vs 3rd party times).

#3 Congratulate Porsche for having an honest true 10sec car? Why? I never achieved this time. Wouldn't that be bench racing and contradict the first part of your post? I read a post by somebody about AMS's GT-R running 9's, and they said it was only because it was professionally driven (perhaps it's rocket science that is needed to push a pedal, and let the car shift, or at best - hit a paddle 5 times). Basically - you said that we should acknowledge Porsche for having a 10sec 1/4 mile car, but not Nissan for having a 7:20 'Ring time. Why is one more correct than the other?

Some people here just amaze me. There is hate. It is ignorant. But you can't take the self-righteous attitude out of the self-righteous.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:10 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jaspergtr

#1 It's just a benchmark. People who discuss these as absolutes (and did not drive them) are mag-racing, nothing more.

#2 People who throw out accusations about Nissan's claimed time (who drive either a Corvette or Porsche 911) have less ground to stand on (based on claimed times vs 3rd party times).

#3 Congratulate Porsche for having an honest true 10sec car? Why? I never achieved this time. Wouldn't that be bench racing and contradict the first part of your post? I read a post by somebody about AMS's GT-R running 9's, and they said it was only because it was professionally driven (perhaps it's rocket science that is needed to push a pedal, and let the car shift, or at best - hit a paddle 5 times). Basically - you said that we should acknowledge Porsche for having a 10sec 1/4 mile car, but not Nissan for having a 7:20 'Ring time. Why is one more correct than the other?

Some people here just amaze me. There is hate. It is ignorant. But you can't take the self-righteous attitude out of the self-righteous.
Very nicely stated!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr

qoute of the week!!

Old 10-25-2010, 03:06 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
qoute of the week!!
Then why did you start this stupid thread in the first place...in the 996tt sub section no less....?

Old 10-25-2010, 04:16 PM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
^Forgive and forget. I guess he was too happy and just wanted to share =)

Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Then why did you start this stupid thread in the first place...in the 996tt sub section no less....?
I was refering to the comment that the time is just a"benchmark".. It pretty obvious that NONE of us could ever run that fast in the Ring.. all it tells us is that a car has the ability to run that fast thats all..

Im not much of a road racer(although wold love to get into it) I still enjoy watching Top Gear and see what cars are "capable" of doing.

On a side note.. I thought you were heading to the Texas mile ? did you run your car or just went to watch?

Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
ajb_unc is infamous around these parts
Geez seriously shows the other manufacturers how they need to step up to the plate to Nissan. Never thought I would see the day Nissan making a super car like this!

Old 10-26-2010, 10:58 PM
Nyalgaidin has a spectacular aura aboutNyalgaidin has a spectacular aura aboutNyalgaidin has a spectacular aura about
Solution

I think I have a solution for the heat that's coming from this particular thread...everyone go drink a beer!

But seriously, as a GTR owner and hopefully GT3 future owner, this level of verbal firepower traded among the two camps is ridiculous (this is P turf so GTR guys, it's an uphill battle ). Though I can definitely see the cause.

For the first time really in recent history a global manufacturer launched a car so mind bogglinglyly fast, not only on paper but took it to the Germans in their backyard and beat them, that Porche's crown of invincibility was temporarily borrowed by Nissan. Just for a bit. This made the P-owners mad. Really mad. But being the docs, lawyers, oilmen, and such they hold their cool. Until some nutty casejob GTR guy came to brag about the GTR on their sacred board. Hell ensued.

Well, if some GT2 fanatic came to NAGTROC to stir the pot about the 7:18 ring time, we sure as heck know it ain't going to be as civilized as this thread.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:41 AM
kkos951 is infamous around these partskkos951 is infamous around these parts
the GTR is fats. The only problem is: it is not as fast as NISSAN claims. Testet in geramn magazins many times in both rings and everytime teh same. not as fats as they claim but faster than the Porshce Turbo. according to the data. the GTR was faster after 125 mph wghich shows it had more power than the 485 HP. A car with the same power and much more weight should be slower. There is only one way to be faster. less weight, more power better tires. The GTR had the last 2. More power and better tires

Old 10-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by kkos951
the GTR is fats. The only problem is: it is not as fast as NISSAN claims. Testet in geramn magazins many times in both rings and everytime teh same. not as fats as they claim but faster than the Porshce Turbo. according to the data. the GTR was faster after 125 mph wghich shows it had more power than the 485 HP. A car with the same power and much more weight should be slower. There is only one way to be faster. less weight, more power better tires. The GTR had the last 2. More power and better tires

monaroCountry?

Is that you?

Tired argument. It's already been stated that the delta between Nissan's claimed time and the same 3rd party driver (HvS), when compared to either a Corvette (with Chevy's claimed time) or a 911 (with Porsches claimed time) is either the same or slightly smaller than the other two.

So if this is your position, please explain why HvS can't come within 14 secs of Porsche's claimed time for their new 911TT (or is it 16secs - I can't remember - it's on this thread somewhere), but can with the GT-R.

Or just drop it, and acknowledge the feat that Nissan has built a car that can be driven around a track as fast (if not faster - I've got to stay factual here) than a 911TT, competition is good, and they are both amazing cars.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 10-27-2010 at 06:55 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!