Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:15 AM
besiktas is infamous around these partsbesiktas is infamous around these parts
I see different claims like the facelift car will be a 2011 and 2012. Which is true? When will this car be out? Pre june (as 2011) or after june (as 2012)? Anybody knows?

Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by besiktas
I see different claims like the facelift car will be a 2011 and 2012. Which is true? When will this car be out? Pre june (as 2011) or after june (as 2012)? Anybody knows?
How 'bout Pre-June as a 2012? Nah... I'm not sure when exactly they are being sold. I heard after February. I'm too lazy to look it up, as I have no interest in getting one that early.

It is a different chassis code altogether 2009-2011: CBA-R35 - 2012+: DBA-R35.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:36 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mini George
Agreed. What would you all be saying if the badges were changed...

If this was the case I would love the GT-R even more because you could finally get the right tranny in it. If it was a porsche they would actually allow you to get a real manual transmission. I Love the GT-R but the major downfall to me (and I am not race car driver or expert) is the fact you can NOT get a real manual transmission. I would be crazy in love with the GT-R if you could.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
If this was the case I would love the GT-R even more because you could finally get the right tranny in it. If it was a porsche they would actually allow you to get a real manual transmission. I Love the GT-R but the major downfall to me (and I am not race car driver or expert) is the fact you can NOT get a real manual transmission. I would be crazy in love with the GT-R if you could.
The GT-R would be MUCH slower with a regular manual tranny. The whole magic of the GT-R is the combination of AWD, Turbos, and a Dual Clutch Transmission. All 3 combine to make the GT-R what it is. Without one of these pieces to the GT-R equation, it wouldn't be close to the performance figures it has today.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:52 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Yeah, you'd end up with a 997.1 Turbo.

Which lost in just about every single category of performance - by just about every driver.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:28 AM
Banned
Anton_2 is infamous around these parts
I've not seen a video for the GTR time nor the GT2 RS time. I'm sure they're capable but theory and practice are different and I tend not to accept things on manufacturer's say so.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 AM
White_turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Yeah, you'd end up with a 997.1 Turbo.

Which lost in just about every single category of performance - by just about every driver.
Oh no.....

Old 10-30-2010, 10:02 AM
White_turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Anton_2
I've not seen a video for the GTR time nor the GT2 RS time. I'm sure they're capable but theory and practice are different and I tend not to accept things on manufacturer's say so.
How is that possible? Unless you intentionally ignore it, it's everywhere.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiXeOTf7-4s

Old 10-30-2010, 01:05 PM
Banned
That's not a 7:20 lap.

All I'm saying is that you can't break a record with mere claims.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Anton_2
That's not a 7:20 lap.

All I'm saying is that you can't break a record with mere claims.
It was verified by a 3rd party, no? How does every single other manufacturer do it?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned
It was verified by a 3rd party, no?
Not as far as I know, not the 7:20 time for the GTR, nor the 7:18 time for the GT2 RS. Unless I've missed something? It seems unlikely that they wouldn't have captured such an event on video in this day and age.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:00 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Anton_2

What you can confirm any time is the fastest recorded RACE LAP in the current millennium 7:04 that belongs to Uwe Alzen in a PORSCHE 996 TURBO at the Ring.

You can find an articule in ROAD & TRACK magazine february 2009.You can find pics,vids,magazine articles...just truth info.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:19 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rdss
Anton_2

What you can confirm any time is the fastest recorded RACE LAP in the current millennium 7:04 that belongs to Uwe Alzen in a PORSCHE 996 TURBO at the Ring.

You can find an articule in ROAD & TRACK magazine february 2009.You can find pics,vids,magazine articles...just truth info.
True

Old 11-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by rdss
Anton_2

(I'm flashing back a year... Bear with me)

Last year the GT-R's time/lap was video recorded, with pics, magazine articles (in Best Motoring)... One can be more true than the other?

Magazines never spin a story... This is why the M3 is superior to the 911 Turbo (or, we should all agree to take magazine articles with a grain of salt).

Another magazine posted an article (I forgot the edition of toilet paper - the one comparing the GT2 to the GT-R - again for some idiotic reason) that the GT-R could in no way better as 7:45 (or something like that), shortly before HvS (SportAuto) turned a 7:38.

Moral of the story - just because it's in print (or on the interwebz), doesn't make it gospel. Although, I think we can all agree that it offers good talking points.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:42 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
(I'm flashing back a year... Bear with me)

Last year the GT-R's time/lap was video recorded, with pics, magazine articles (in Best Motoring)... One can be more true than the other?

Magazines never spin a story... This is why the M3 is superior to the 911 Turbo (or, we should all agree to take magazine articles with a grain of salt).

Another magazine posted an article (I forgot the edition of toilet paper - the one comparing the GT2 to the GT-R - again for some idiotic reason) that the GT-R could in no way better as 7:45 (or something like that), shortly before HvS (SportAuto) turned a 7:38.

Moral of the story - just because it's in print (or on the interwebz), doesn't make it gospel. Although, I think we can all agree that it offers good talking points.

JASPERGTR

I know you're a nice guy,i've seen many posts of yours.The difference in what i posted is that the lap time 7:04 at the Ring of Uwe Alzen in a 996tt is in a competition in May 2003 Castrol Haugg Cup,that is booked up in that competition...this is not what any magazine thinks of any car.

GTR is a great,great car....there is not need to lunch a car to beat a Porsche to be a great car.GTR is great by itself...doen't need to beat a Porsche.It's the same about Porsche..doesn't need to beat GTR to be a great car.

We all must feel happy and greatfull to have this kind of cars that many,many people in the world wish to have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!