Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 11:31 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rdss
JASPERGTR

I know you're a nice guy,i've seen many posts of yours.The difference in what i posted is that the lap time 7:04 at the Ring of Uwe Alzen in a 996tt is in a competition in May 2003 Castrol Haugg Cup,that is booked up in that competition...this is not what any magazine thinks of any car.

GTR is a great,great car....there is not need to lunch a car to beat a Porsche to be a great car.GTR is great by itself...doen't need to beat a Porsche.It's the same about Porsche..doesn't need to beat GTR to be a great car.

We all must feel happy and greatfull to have this kind of cars that many,many people in the world wish to have.
I couldn't agree more.

(I was unaware of the competition logging of the track - I never actually bothered to research the lap)

But this is my entire premise (from the very beginning of this 'discussion')... They are both great cars - regardless of what 'x' driver gets on 'y' track.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:54 AM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
i couldn't agree more.

(i was unaware of the competition logging of the track - i never actually bothered to research the lap)

but this is my entire premise (from the very beginning of this 'discussion')... They are both great cars - regardless of what 'x' driver gets on 'y' track.

+1

Old 11-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Anton_2
I've not seen a video for the GTR time nor the GT2 RS time. I'm sure they're capable but theory and practice are different and I tend not to accept things on manufacturer's say so.
Sport Auto have already lapped the GT2 RS in 7:24. Isn't that close enough to Porsche's claim to make the claim believable?

Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Banned
Anton_2 is infamous around these parts
The times are already believable, for either car, but that isn't the point. I'm not happy to see the 'ring lap become another statistic that manufacturers can simply make claims on without a video.

Last edited by Anton_2; 11-07-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:28 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Anton_2
The times are already believable, for either car, but that isn't the point. I'm not happy to see the 'ring lap become another statistic that manufacturers can simply make claims on without a video.
Even with video, people can still say it's fake, car is juiced, slicks, etc. Porsche, to my knowledge, has never released a video of a 'Ring run. Yet their times for their cars seem credible. I doubt they would make claims about their cars that are completely unrealistic.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
The 2012 is fast and congratulations to Nissan for a 7:20, however I wish Nissan had gone up a bit more on the whp, since simple previous after-market mods make the new 2012 look slow by comparison. That is what I would have wanted for it costing $10,000 more.

BTW, after seeing the interior pictures listed in this thread review above for the 2012, the color and interior appear nauseating to me.

Last edited by Tachsman; 01-21-2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: For Jaspergtr below with an inappropriate placed opinion, pm next time
Old 01-21-2011, 06:56 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tachsman
This new 2012 interior is nauseating to me.
Appropriate thread to voice this opinion (in a thread about 'Ring times - nevermind a thread almost right next to it about how the looks may get dated quickly - nahhhhh... we'll just find the first thread we see, and drop our load right there).

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 AM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Don't really care which is faster on the track or drag. You can all come get me but at the end I still drive a Porsche and you drive a Nissan. Peace

Old 02-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MotorsportsR
Don't really care which is faster on the track or drag. You can all come get me but at the end I still drive a Porsche and you drive a Nissan. Peace
So shall it be written. So shall it be done!
This is a tale as old as Moses and Ramses II. Referring to Moses who was pronounced King by his numerous deeds and actions, however, thwarted by birthright to Ramses II who was not so deserving.

Last edited by Tachsman; 02-04-2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Given the turmoil in Egypt today...
Old 02-04-2011, 08:56 AM
And that is why I will always win. Not only will I beat you on the track and in a drag race, but at the end, I still drive a Nissan, and didn't pay too much for a Volkswagen. Peace

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

And that is why I will always win. Not only will I beat you on the track and in a drag race, but at the end, I still drive a Nissan, and didn't pay too much for a Volkswagen. Peace

Haha...Great retort!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !

Old 02-05-2011, 03:21 PM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
There are substantial differences between how a Porsche drives versus a GTR. The GTR offers more speed with less fuss while the GT3 is simply magnificent in its execution and RAW involvement of the driver.

With the 3, I enjoy the vibrations, the notchy gear changes, the feel as you wind the engine up and execute the next turn with the perfect RPM and apex. It is simply more involving to drive a 3, bar none.

Funny thing tho... I encounter more people excited about seeing the GTR than I do with the GT3. My kids did not believe me at first until they witnessed the enthusiasm first hand at least weekly. It must be the "People or Affordable Brand ~ aka Nissan" factor.

Last edited by muifast; 02-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by muifast
There are substantial differences between how a Porsche drives versus a GTR. The GTR offers more speed with less fuss while the GT3 is simply magnificent in its execution and RAW involvement of the driver.

With the 3, I enjoy the vibrations, the notchy gear changes, the feel as you wind the engine up and execute the next turn with the perfect RPM and apex. It is simply more involving to drive a 3, bar none.

Funny thing tho... I encounter more people excited about seeing the GTR than I do with the GT3. My kids did not believe me at first until they witnessed the enthusiasm first hand at least weekly. It must be the "People or Affordable Brand ~ aka Nissan" factor.

This is my philosophy on the two camps of automobiles.

People must invest a lot of time learning skills that allow them to drive fast in a car with a manual gearbox. They learn to enjoy the up-shifts, down-shifts, heel/toe, notchy shifters, difficult throttle changes, rear-end over steer, etc. This excites them to the core because a difficult learned behavior is rewarded for doing it right which leads to overall satisfaction. Thus the GT3 camp.

Then there are people that have not taken the time to learn those skills, or can't, or really have no desire to do so. Others like me, who learned on manual gearboxes, find them now technologically impotent and a waste of time and only seem to distract your concentration from matters that are more important while driving. I usually do not get pleasure from shifting, and I find it extremely boring to "run the gears", especially six of them in a car. I only drive automatics now, and use paddle shifters occasionally when needed. Thus the GT-R camp. The GT-R has the best of both worlds without a third pedal and converter loss. You get perfect manual shifts every time with complete control. You can concentrate more on actually driving and not overloading your expensive organic parallel processor. To have the car do other things just as well is a total pleasure!

However, when I really want to get "involved" in driving, I get out my manual six speed lawnmower. I love feeling the wind and dust in my hair, and the vibrations are incredible. It takes my full concentration not to hit trees, flowers, rocks, shrubs, potholes, bumps, and to also avoid bugs in my teeth. I always find many land obstacles to avoid, the shifts are brisk and exact, and the steering ever so responsive. Totally exhilarating to execute a perfect turn and end up on the aligned on the next row of grass. Totally engaging!

Old 02-05-2011, 05:26 PM
rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !rdss Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by muifast

Very good and interesting summary,thanks man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!