Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by muifast
Funny thing tho... I encounter more people excited about seeing the GTR than I do with the GT3. My kids did not believe me at first until they witnessed the enthusiasm first hand at least weekly. It must be the "People or Affordable Brand ~ aka Nissan" factor.

I never got any attention in my GT2, but my GT-R received so much attention it was ridiculous.

To most people a Turbo, GT3, GT2, GT2RS, etc...are nothing but 911's; nothing special and dime a dozen. GT-R's, however, are the 'Godzilla' cars that they read about in magazines. Many people find it quite exciting to see one in real life.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-05-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I couldn't agree more.

(I was unaware of the competition logging of the track - I never actually bothered to research the lap)

But this is my entire premise (from the very beginning of this 'discussion')... They are both great cars - regardless of what 'x' driver gets on 'y' track.
so why you keep using statement like........

("Yeah, you'd end up with a 997.1 Turbo.

Which lost in just about every single category of performance - by just about every driver. " )

i hope you can drop the name calling!!! its always nice to defend what have (drive) im sure if it wasnt for the iconic 911tt the gtr wouldnt be as good as it is.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:15 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tachsman
This is my philosophy on the two camps of automobiles.

People must invest a lot of time learning skills that allow them to drive fast in a car with a manual gearbox. They learn to enjoy the up-shifts, down-shifts, heel/toe, notchy shifters, difficult throttle changes, rear-end over steer, etc. This excites them to the core because a difficult learned behavior is rewarded for doing it right which leads to overall satisfaction. Thus the GT3 camp.

Then there are people that have not taken the time to learn those skills, or can't, or really have no desire to do so. Others like me, who learned on manual gearboxes, find them now technologically impotent and a waste of time and only seem to distract your concentration from matters that are more important while driving. I usually do not get pleasure from shifting, and I find it extremely boring to "run the gears", especially six of them in a car. I only drive automatics now, and use paddle shifters occasionally when needed. Thus the GT-R camp. The GT-R has the best of both worlds without a third pedal and converter loss. You get perfect manual shifts every time with complete control. You can concentrate more on actually driving and not overloading your expensive organic parallel processor. To have the car do other things just as well is a total pleasure!

However, when I really want to get "involved" in driving, I get out my manual six speed lawnmower. I love feeling the wind and dust in my hair, and the vibrations are incredible. It takes my full concentration not to hit trees, flowers, rocks, shrubs, potholes, bumps, and to also avoid bugs in my teeth. I always find many land obstacles to avoid, the shifts are brisk and exact, and the steering ever so responsive. Totally exhilarating to execute a perfect turn and end up on the aligned on the next row of grass. Totally engaging!

Originally Posted by yllwturbo
so why you keep using statement like........

("Yeah, you'd end up with a 997.1 Turbo.

Which lost in just about every single category of performance - by just about every driver. " &nbsp

i hope you can drop the name calling!!! its always nice to defend what have (drive) im sure if it wasnt for the iconic 911tt the gtr wouldnt be as good as it is.
Context. Usually my comments reciprocate the intention of the post they respond to.

I don't see the name calling, though... (please point it out to me) How is that comment factually incorrect? Is there a single category that tested the 997.1 Turbo better than a GT-R?

And I completely agree that the bar the 911 set is the reason the GT-R is as good as it is.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:48 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !

Context. Usually my comments reciprocate the intention of the post they respond to.

I don't see the name calling, though... (please point it out to me) How is that comment factually incorrect? Is there a single category that tested the 997.1 Turbo better than a GT-R?

And I completely agree that the bar the 911 set is the reason the GT-R is as good as it is.

i was referring to you saying 997.1..... n so on. nothing bad intended

Old 02-27-2011, 02:11 AM
luckistryke is infamous around these parts
Hahaha LoL best post of the year so far

Originally Posted by Tachsman
This is my philosophy on the two camps of automobiles.

People must invest a lot of time learning skills that allow them to drive fast in a car with a manual gearbox. They learn to enjoy the up-shifts, down-shifts, heel/toe, notchy shifters, difficult throttle changes, rear-end over steer, etc. This excites them to the core because a difficult learned behavior is rewarded for doing it right which leads to overall satisfaction. Thus the GT3 camp.

Then there are people that have not taken the time to learn those skills, or can't, or really have no desire to do so. Others like me, who learned on manual gearboxes, find them now technologically impotent and a waste of time and only seem to distract your concentration from matters that are more important while driving. I usually do not get pleasure from shifting, and I find it extremely boring to "run the gears", especially six of them in a car. I only drive automatics now, and use paddle shifters occasionally when needed. Thus the GT-R camp. The GT-R has the best of both worlds without a third pedal and converter loss. You get perfect manual shifts every time with complete control. You can concentrate more on actually driving and not overloading your expensive organic parallel processor. To have the car do other things just as well is a total pleasure!

However, when I really want to get "involved" in driving, I get out my manual six speed lawnmower. I love feeling the wind and dust in my hair, and the vibrations are incredible. It takes my full concentration not to hit trees, flowers, rocks, shrubs, potholes, bumps, and to also avoid bugs in my teeth. I always find many land obstacles to avoid, the shifts are brisk and exact, and the steering ever so responsive. Totally exhilarating to execute a perfect turn and end up on the aligned on the next row of grass. Totally engaging!

Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Jasper, Scott and anyone... How are the modified GTR's holding up?? Any problems with warranties saying, something went wrong?? Just wondering , this car is more and more appealing to me!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:04 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Jasper, Scott and anyone... How are the modified GTR's holding up?? Any problems with warranties saying, something went wrong?? Just wondering , this car is more and more appealing to me!
No problems here.

I had a scare last year (I thought my front diff gave me issues), they downloaded my data (sent it to Nissan GT-R HQ in Japan), and upheld my warranty. They know about my tune, mods, etc...

There are plenty of modded GT-R's that still get warranty work done (maybe not as much now that warranties are starting to expire this year, for those that didn't extend).

If you're considering a GT-R, I HIGHLY recommend a MY2012. It's better in every way.

I still get free nitrogen, loaners when I get an oil change, or other fluid changes (I don't go there anymore for that, though, cheaper to take my tuner). My wife does my brake work.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 03-02-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
If you're considering a GT-R, I HIGHLY recommend a MY2012. It's better in every way.

I concur with that with this caveat; if you plan on keeping your GT-R stock or barely modified (exhaust, tune, etc..) I'd also recommend getting a 2012. But, if you plan building a monster like I am, get a '09-'11.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:38 PM
MTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really niceMTGTS is just really nice
2012 GTR runs 7:24

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/24/v...ime/#continued

Last edited by MTGTS; 03-24-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
*yawn*

997 GT2RS is a marketing gimmic. And the GT2RS is bleeding expensive for an overhauled GT2. Marketing machine at its best. And who cares how fast the GTR laps the Ring.

To me the only things that remain and ring true....

Turbo 911s (GT2 and TT) are not as good as NA cars due to their lack of delicacy on the throttle. You want a real 911, buy a GT3. And a 911 turbo as opposed to a GT2 is even worse. 4wd in a 911, get real.

Porsche's also have crap technical issues- the GT2 engine block also in the 997 GT3 and the 997TT is prone to coolant line failure, as often as the GTR tranny is prone to blowing up. But a 911 can typically run lap after lap with little issues.

Second, a GTR is a lumbering machine that is ridiculously heavy on the brake usage and tranny and cant hold out for more than 4 hot laps. But its ballistic on the straights and amazing around corners for such a big machine. Technically, its awesome. Porsche drivers- try driving one before you talk your nonsense. It will within its limits run rings around a 997TT.

Oh yes. I own both. Stop the bickering. Its embarassing from those that talk based on theory and articles and you tube videos. Unless you own both and actually drive both hard.... stop commenting please, for goodness sakes.

Last edited by Harold; 03-25-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I never got any attention in my GT2, but my GT-R received so much attention it was ridiculous.

To most people a Turbo, GT3, GT2, GT2RS, etc...are nothing but 911's; nothing special and dime a dozen. GT-R's, however, are the 'Godzilla' cars that they read about in magazines. Many people find it quite exciting to see one in real life.
Mate, you are spot on. When I drive my RS, no one gives a second glance let alone cares if I am trying to pass them. But in the GTR... its a totally different experience. Everyone looks, and more often than not, people pull to the side to let me past... the GTR commands immense respect on the roads.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by MotorsportsR
Don't really care which is faster on the track or drag. You can all come get me but at the end I still drive a Porsche and you drive a Nissan. Peace
Poser vs car enthusiast... The perennial war continues....

Last edited by Harold; 03-25-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 PM
-=Hot|Ice=- is infamous around these parts
Old 03-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Harold
Poser vs car enthusiast... The perennial war continues....
Here's a bunch of rep for you, my friend.

Old 03-26-2011, 10:09 AM
997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of997tt RS 2.7 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Mods can move it.. but i know alot of Porsche guys look at the ring as a benchmark .. the new 2012 GTR has just broken the world record for mass production Supercar in the RING with a 7.20

gotta give it respect!!
McLaren has them all beat. 12C has clocked the RING @ 7:00 DEAD McLaren has one in the pipeline that is even quicker. chk Autocar/Steve Sutcliffe

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2012 GTR Breaks RING record 7.20 for MASS production car!!