Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Good day at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 02:36 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LuckyEff
Unfortunately your 60 isnt a record but you tuner and midpipe 10.6 is.

Congrats!
I think on runflats(which is what he was asking) it is the quickest i have seen to date 1.57

Old 11-22-2010, 03:33 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
What is Jack spiking boost to?
I didn't datalog the runs but I had the boost guage on the screen and I never saw it get above 18psi when I was watching and usually came back around 17psi. I run pump gas so I don't imagine it could handle much more boost without fuel?

Old 11-22-2010, 04:43 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
I didn't datalog the runs but I had the boost guage on the screen and I never saw it get above 18psi when I was watching and usually came back around 17psi. I run pump gas so I don't imagine it could handle much more boost without fuel?
You may want to datalog to check how hard he's spiking the turbos.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:49 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
You may want to datalog to check how hard he's spiking the turbos.
Why?

Old 11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Why?
If you're happy and you believe it's safely tuned, then there is no reason to log anything.

Congratulations on your ET.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:17 PM
If you're happy and you believe it's safely tuned, then there is no reason to log anything.

Congratulations on your ET.
Thanks!
I didn't realize you meant I should datalog to check if the tune is safe?
It has had the same tune for about a year now with no problems and seems to run very consistent et and mph when I have taken it out to the track and still runs like a stocker on the steet.
When I first got the tune, my tuner told me how to download data to the Cobb tuner and asked me to datalog my passes at the track and asked me to email him the logs so he could look them over which I did. I emailed him what looked like a jumble of numbers to me, when I called him and asked if I had downloaded the info correctly he told me yes and the logs all looked good, he told me everything looked perfect and I was good to go. I really don't have any reason to believe otherwise as the car has been awesome and I am not a tuner so I have no choice but to put my belief in him.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:44 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks!
I didn't realize you meant I should datalog to check if the tune is safe?
It has had the same tune for about a year now with no problems and seems to run very consistent et and mph when I have taken it out to the track and still runs like a stocker on the steet.
When I first got the tune, my tuner told me how to download data to the Cobb tuner and asked me to datalog my passes at the track and asked me to email him the logs so he could look them over which I did. I emailed him what looked like a jumble of numbers to me, when I called him and asked if I had downloaded the info correctly he told me yes and the logs all looked good, he told me everything looked perfect and I was good to go. I really don't have any reason to believe otherwise as the car has been awesome and I am not a tuner so I have no choice but to put my belief in him.

Jamie,
you are going to be fine, Jack tuned my car and i ran 10.8s @ 129.xx in vegas with a 1.73 60ft .. car drove perfect with a ton of wot .. if your log shows no knock,then you are good to go! some peeps cant come right out and say "i think your tune is too agressive" ..so they have to keep asking "beat around" questions..

congrats on a fast car!

Old 11-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Jamie,
you are going to be fine, Jack tuned my car and i ran 10.8s @ 129.xx in vegas with a 1.73 60ft .. car drove perfect with a ton of wot .. if your log shows no knock,then you are good to go! some peeps cant come right out and say "i think your tune is too agressive" ..so they have to keep asking "beat around" questions..

congrats on a fast car!
First, you continue to show your ignorance.

And why would I just come out and say "I think your tune is too aggressive?" How would I know? Unless he posted his logs, you can't say it's safe and I can't say it's too aggressive. Of course its all a matter of opinion anyway, but Cecil's track record doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Which is why I simply suggested he review some logs on his own....or at least have them interpeted for him....then if he's personally comfortable with the data....that's all that matters.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:16 AM
First, you continue to show your ignorance.

And why would I just come out and say "I think your tune is too aggressive?" How would I know? Unless he posted his logs, you can't say it's safe and I can't say it's too aggressive. Of course its all a matter of opinion anyway, but Cecil's track record doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Which is why I simply suggested he review some logs on his own....or at least have them interpeted for him....then if he's personally comfortable with the data....that's all that matters.

Ignorance..lol .. you have made a point to go into all of Furmans threads /Nagtroc and here to ask the same questions hinting that the tune is prob crap..

If the logs show no knock and AFR's are 11.9-12.1 (AP is .5 off) then he is fine.. whats so complicated with that?

Ill look for my logs and post it .. we have the same tune im sure.

and while im looking for my logs. Scott(divex) can you post your Logs? i would not be suprised they are almost the same..

on a side note , you were not excactly playing safe with your stock block pushing 800whp .. I know that was your choice not SPI.. but still...

Old 11-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Ignorance..lol .. you have made a point to go into all of Furmans threads /Nagtroc and here to ask the same questions hinting that the tune is prob crap..

If the logs show no knock and AFR's are 11.9-12.1 (AP is .5 off) then he is fine.. whats so complicated with that?

Ill look for my logs and post it .. we have the same tune im sure.

and while im looking for my logs. Scott(divex) can you post your Logs? i would not be suprised they are almost the same..

on a side note , you were not excactly playing safe with your stock block pushing 800whp .. I know that was your choice not SPI.. but still...
Tuning 101 by Sam. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm obviously not a tuner, but I at least know there is quite a bit more to reliable tunes than monitoring AF and PSI.

Jamie, good runs and I hope to see you crack into the 50's with such minimal investment.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Tuning 101 by Sam. You have no idea what you're talking about. I'm obviously not a tuner, but I at least know there is quite a bit more to reliable tunes than monitoring AF and PSI.

Jamie, good runs and I hope to see you crack into the 50's with such minimal investment.
never said i was a tuner.. I never said anything about PSI.. Obviously its more then AFR and Knock.. but those 2 things on the AP will give you a "general" idea of how the car is acting under boost.. I have spoken to Thistle (cobb) via email and he told me a while back to keep an eye on those 2 parameters(for Noobies).. we know there is alot more to it..

Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 PM
Well guys its really not worth arguing about, I really don't know Jacks track record other than he has some fast GTR's running around that he's tuned, mine being one of the fastest. I have also heard a couple he tuned blew up? Whats true or not, I don't know? I am sure there are plenty of great tuners out there, but from the research I did at the time of my tune last year and the recommendations I got from fellow GTR owners, Jack was the one to use and so far so good for me. And I think any reasonable person would have to agree any 2 similar cars with similar mods running similar times probably are running similar tunes as well, no matter who the tuners are. Though I am no tuner I do have a racing background and many years ago when I did tune my own stuff and knew something about tuning it all boiled down to A/F and timing, and although I did it with jets and a distributor and there may be more to it with computers I am pretty sure it all still boils down to those 3 things.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:32 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Congrats, Jamie!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Congrats, Jamie!
Thanks!

Old 11-25-2010, 08:22 AM
BoostCrzy is infamous around these parts
Hello Guys....I dont usually post on here but I wanted just poke my head in this thread since I have been named a few times...first of all. Thank you Jamie and Sam for all the kind words and congrats to both of you for the times you have run!....Jamie's car is truly a standout example of what can be accomplished with the GTR with such little investment.

....now in reference to the tune. I cater to a huge range of demands from all walks of racers and take each job to heart. In this case a skilled drag racer with intentions of using my abilities to compliment his abilities and reach for a solid and repeatable ET without damaging the cars driveability/useability. I used my best judgement to configure the map and employed the latest advancements in the software to keep the car reliable and SAFE. This car shows no knock using local 93 octane gas and boost peaks 18psi falling to around 14-15psi (we are using STOCK actuators)...the only modifications at all on the car are the Tune and Midpipe!!.... Datalogging was done and showed me that fuel/timing/boost/etc.. were within my specs and I am happy with the way the car is performing...

....When I tuned the first GTR in Nov. 2008 (2 years ago!) I had no Idea what we were really getting into as the software was being developed still...but I am VERY lucky/grateful to have such great customers/friends/companies to allow me to accomplish what we have today and I promise to continue pressing forward to get to the next level. If anyone has doubts or questions please feel free to call me anytime or email me Jack@horsepowerlogic.com 561-842-8333 and I will be more than happy to discuss. Thank you!

-Jack Cecil

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good day at the track