Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Good day at the track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:25 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Good day at the track

I took my Jack Cecil tuned GTR out to the track today in Southern Maryland and turned what I think are some pretty good times. The weather wasn't great but it was decent at about 60 degrees and positive 300 Da. The car is totally stock except for tune and HKS midpipe, and the tires are the factory runflats. My best et that I was able to run was a 10.60 a couple of times and my best mph on one of those runs was 130.30, I don't know if any tune only car has went faster but I was really happy with Jacks tune as there were 5 other GTR's at the track with me with similar or more mods and not 1 made it into the 10's. Also I was able to put up a really good 60' time on a couple of runs with a best being a 1.57 on the stock runflats, maybe thats a record? I don't know? If anyone is interested I will post the time slips.
Post #1

Old 11-21-2010, 12:54 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Unfortunately your 60 isnt a record but you tuner and midpipe 10.6 is.

Congrats!

Old 11-21-2010, 05:44 AM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
thanks!

Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 AM
jimmy is infamous around these partsjimmy is infamous around these parts
Jamie how did the GT2 run and the gray 997??

Old 11-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Man he didn't have the tune he wanted in the GT2 and didn't have time to change it as he had previous commitments and with those oil downs shutting down the track for so long he just didn't have the time. The gray 997 TT on the 3 runs I saw only ran 12's at about 122.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:58 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
10.6/130. Wow. Very impressive. What launch method? R-R-off? Any other hints?

Old 11-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Mx3Speed
10.6/130. Wow. Very impressive. What launch method? R-R-off? Any other hints?
That was it!

Old 11-21-2010, 07:15 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Manual/Auto? Are you just using LC2? In other words, what RPM are you launching at?

Sorry for so many questions. Just started playing with mine yesterday, so Im curious how others are succesful. I was at 5900' altitude, so I won't post my P-box results. Im guessing the altitude is eating about 25% of my power, so my times arent impressive. Im also waiting for a new high octane tune for this altitude. But its sure fun playing around with it. I LOVE this car. And I've been thru a few cars lately

Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Congrats on the time.

10.60 is unbelievable... What boost are your running to get that?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:45 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Wow, very nice!!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Congrats on the time.

10.60 is unbelievable... What boost are your running to get that?
Around 17 to 18 psi.

Old 11-21-2010, 04:31 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mx3Speed
Manual/Auto? Are you just using LC2? In other words, what RPM are you launching at?

Sorry for so many questions. Just started playing with mine yesterday, so Im curious how others are succesful. I was at 5900' altitude, so I won't post my P-box results. Im guessing the altitude is eating about 25% of my power, so my times arent impressive. Im also waiting for a new high octane tune for this altitude. But its sure fun playing around with it. I LOVE this car. And I've been thru a few cars lately
the best results are

RROFF stock Lc2? hold brake all the way down hard,let the Rpms climb (around 2800) let go and stomp on it really hard again..the rpms should go to 3300ish.. then let go and hold on...

if you have the cobb, send it in for 006 upgrade.. it will go straight to 3700 and the car will launch pretty hard!

make sure VDC is OFF.. or it will be useless..

Old 11-22-2010, 05:58 AM
ItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant futureItalianStallion has a brilliant future
Congrats, Jamie! You've done some amazing things with the Vettes. I'm glad to see you breaking records with your GT-R as well.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
Congrats, Jamie! You've done some amazing things with the Vettes. I'm glad to see you breaking records with your GT-R as well.
Thanks!

Old 11-22-2010, 12:38 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jamie furman
Around 17 to 18 psi.
What is Jack spiking boost to?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Good day at the track