Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

TopSpeed Motorsports - OneLap GT-R Project Begins!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:22 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
This conversation was really out of place here, in this thread, so I tried to keep it short.
Correct, it was. You need to get over what others think and be happy with your own car and why you bought it.

Good luck TopSpeed at defending your title.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Ive got my $$ on you guys even though well be there with our Gt2 which was a contender in 08 or 09 I believe for 2nd place.. You got 1 mod we cant buy.. the driver.. LOL

Good luck.. I hope to meet you guys there this year!!!

Mike

Old 01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I meant to say "more challenging and fun" - but I typed it out of sequence.

People have said (right here on this very forum), that although the GT-R turns out faster laps with an average driver, they would rather perform slower laps in a GT3, but have a more rewarding experience of perfect rev matched downshifts, and a lightweight RWD platform, than drive a car that drives itself, with a Playstation controller for a steering wheel.

I disagree with that perspective, but they still feel the way they do. It was just my version of a shot at people who think that the GT-R isn't challenging to drive. Why on Earth would somebody move from a 911GT2 (some would say the epitome of the 911 platform), to a GT-R (a supposedly lesser vehicle)?

This conversation was really out of place here, in this thread, so I tried to keep it short.
Please lets not derail this thread as you love to do as soon as someone says GTR on here..

Im glad they switched platforms.. Leh mowed down everyone with the Gt2 at Every road course event last year but he didnt fair well at drag and some others like wet skid pad i beleive.. It will be funny to watch him win all the road course events again and then drag and skid pad as well..

If the cars stays together like the Gt2 did he should win again IMO.. Oh and BTW nice to see someone using the GTR for what it was built and designed to do.. Im rather bored watching 1/4 mile run battles to see who spent the most $$ and clicked the paddle the fastest for 9 seconds..

Mike

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; 01-03-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:06 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice, sub'd!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Ive got my $$ on you guys even though well be there with our Gt2 which was a contender in 08 or 09 I believe for 2nd place.. You got 1 mod we cant buy.. the driver.. LOL

Mike
Mike, Thanks for the kind words. Are you guys for sure running this year??? If so it will be great to get to meet you! I won't be running the car, but I will be at most of the events this year as they are alot of east coast tracks.

Should be fun.

Honestly we really wanted to know what the GT-R was capable of in our/Leh's hands. Driven on the edge the car is a total animal.

The GT2 still holds a dear place in our hearts, but if we can build the GT-R to withstand Leh, and win, then it will be a testament to Leh and TopSpeed's abilities.

Please lets not derail this thread as you love to do as soon as someone says GTR on here..

Im glad they switched platforms.. Leh mowed down everyone with the Gt2 at Every road course event last year but he didnt fair well at drag and some others like wet skid pad i beleive.. It will be funny to watch him win all the road course events again and then drag and skid pad as well..

If the cars stays together like the Gt2 did he should win again IMO.. Oh and BTW nice to see someone using the GTR for what it was built and designed to do.. Im rather bored watching 1/4 mile run battles to see who spent the most $$ and clicked the paddle the fastest for 9 seconds..

Mike
The wet skid in the GT2 was very tricky. It could have been done better, but not a lot better. The drag didn't hurt us that bad, but was still not our strong point. I still feel we will not be a match for some of the cars that may come out this year when it comes to the drag race, however I think we will hold our own.

I do agree with you about the GT-R! The car is very fast at the drag strip, but truly shines when put on the road course.

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds
Old 01-04-2011, 07:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Correct, it was. You need to get over what others think and be happy with your own car and why you bought it.
Relax guys... It was one line (that I typed wrong - which led to confusion). Leh got my point. I'm done.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
im a low level track driver going from gt3 past 4 yrs to gtr so i cant wait to see how this car will compare to the winning porsche from last yr
definitely subscribed and good luck to you guys

Old 01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Ok gentleman (maybe a lady or two ) The first modification for the OneLap GT-R is complete. We have built several different Y-Pipes for customers in the last 6 months and each one teaches us a little more about the flow characteristics of the GT-R exhaust. Taking that knowledge, we started testing several different configurations with runner lengths and merge locations to find what works the best. The end result is this prototype that has the best flow characteristics of everything we tested.

Here is a picture of the Prototype TSM Y-Pipe off the car....I will have installed pictures and dyno numbers for you tomorrow.

Thanks and Enjoy...

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
Ok guys, Y-Pipe is reinstalled and the tune is complete!! The car is making great power for the limited mods and sounds awesome!

We got a few boxes today so the next update will come soon. Today has been pretty eventful for the "LehSpeed" <--- GT-R!

Here are some pictures of the Y-Pipe on the car along with dynographs.....enjoy

HIGH AND LOW BOOST

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 01-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Basic Sponsor
Ok gentleman its time for the next step….suspension! After Leh drove the GT-R at VIR a couple months ago he as very impressed with the dampening of the factory shocks. While we know there are several great options out there for shocks, we also feel that the car has tons of potential utilizing the factory suspension. Given the fact that OneLap is a street tire event only, we think that the stock dampers will be adequate to handle the adjustments needed to maximize the car. If however we were running this event on slicks or some type of r-compound tire there may be more need for the adjustability of an aftermarket damper.

That being said we had a few options. There were a couple different spring setups such as Eibach and Swift to consider, however we really felt that height adjustment and spring rate were going to be crucial to the end setup on the car. That left us with really only one option, the KW sleeve kit for the GT-R. Over the years we have done a lot with KW on our personal cars and our race cars, so we are excited to see how these are going to perform on the GT-R.

We will be doing testing at several different tracks, with different variations of areo. Depending on those results we may experiment with further setups. Its yet to be determined, however both JRZ and Moton have shown interest in the project so there may be some back to back tests done at VIR in March.

Part of what we want to learn during this build is what actually makes this car faster. We want to give the community true results. If we feel there is time left in the suspension after testing with Leh, then we will invest in some aftermarket dampers to test that theory.

I am sure Leh will be happy to jump in here an answer any handling/ride questions about the KW’s as well.

Here are some pictures of the parts and install. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Thanks guys.

~Cicio

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 01-19-2011, 12:15 AM
Former Vendor
Looking good so far cicio.. I am sure with Leh behind the wheel and you guys behind the wrench on this car some JRZ's will end up on the car if they are showing interest.. I cant wait to see you guys dominate OLA again.. Good luck!!

Btw.. Nothing you do not already know but make the car as reliable as possible and im sure LEH will handle the rest.. LOL

Old 01-19-2011, 12:35 AM
kingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of lightkingleh is a glorious beacon of light

Mike

sweeet!.. didnt know you guys were gona run.. you will have so much fun!.. GT2 is just about the perfect car too!...

Old 01-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Basic Sponsor
Thanks Mike! We will do our best to hold it together for him

Just as a little update for you guys.....

This next stuff isnt exactly necessary but we thought it would help the looks of the car... Along with minor aero benefits....

MCR front lip
ZELE side skirts

The ZELE skirts look fantastic and quality is just as expected... 10 out of 10...

The MCR is very light and a tru carbon part... Just a cover really though... weave is ok.... i give it 7 out of 10....

Leh will be doing a photoshoot of the car with the new lowered stance and Carbon bits soon and should have the pics up Thursday!...

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
Old 01-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Basic Sponsor
First little "photoshoot" of the car... I wanna thank Leh for taking time out of his busy schedule to take these pictures! He is a pretty damn good photographer for a race car driver

I guess "step 1" is done with the build.. Now on to bigger and better things.. but until then.. Here is some eye candy to hold everyone over...

-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner

Last edited by Cicio@TSM; 01-20-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
subscribed luck to you!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: TopSpeed Motorsports - OneLap GT-R Project Begins!!