Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Switzer R1KX on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
HiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond reputeHiProfile Robs has a reputation beyond repute
Btw, love the way a GTR drives, especially a 700 WHP one!

Old 02-08-2011, 09:32 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Scott

I agree feel is subjective, will keep an open mind towards the GTR.

By the way I have been told the F458 feels amazing(My Sales Consultent) and puts the Scud to shame.

Hope to feel if it is true by June.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
Congrats Scott, i knew it was just a matter of time as all horsepower addicts are. i have a nice Switzer 997 GT2 with a R911 kit when you feel the time is right!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ItalianStallion
The R1K is pulling a G of acceleration all the way through the 1/4 mile. That must "feel" pretty fast.
Best 60-130 in 1/4 mile testing was a 3.76 and best 100-150 was a 3.71...

I am sure that Scott will be setting some new numbers for us shortly.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by venkatreddytx
Scott

I agree feel is subjective, will keep an open mind towards the GTR.

By the way I have been told the F458 feels amazing(My Sales Consultent) and puts the Scud to shame.

Hope to feel if it is true by June.
I found that the GT-R doesn't handle as precise as the F430 did (steering felt awesome in the F430). But what I prefer about the GT-R, is I can get 'on it' anywhere I want to, without having to stress about my conditions.

So I think the thrill is knowing that I don't have to worry too much. I actually look forward to the occasional rain at a track day (not all the time). I don't care if it's raining, snowing, sleeting, or frozen ice (a few weeks ago in NC), I can still get to work (on my Summer tires).

Old 02-08-2011, 10:19 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Scott - congrats again.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
So I think the thrill is knowing that I don't have to worry too much. I actually look forward to the occasional rain at a track day (not all the time). I don't care if it's raining, snowing, sleeting, or frozen ice (a few weeks ago in NC), I can still get to work (on my Summer tires).

Jalopnik took the P800 out to the track on snow and ice, and ran times that would get the pole for NASA's American Iron.

http://jalopnik.com/#!5209429/switze...+r-first-drive

Old 02-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dk996tt
Congrats Scott, i knew it was just a matter of time as all horsepower addicts are. i have a nice Switzer 997 GT2 with a R911 kit when you feel the time is right!

Thanks, David. The thought of your GT2 along with this GT-R....

Talk about a dream garage. If you wait until next year to sell her, I may just be a buyer.

Old 02-08-2011, 03:13 PM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
What wheels/suspension will you go with on the car?
Congrats btw!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM
Anthony996tt is infamous around these partsAnthony996tt is infamous around these parts
wow this is going to be nutz!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bolt-OnM3
What wheels/suspension will you go with on the car?
Congrats btw!
KW V3 suspension. Volk 18" wheels for the strip. Still deciding on which blingy 21's to go with for the street.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
KW V3 suspension. Volk 18" wheels for the strip. Still deciding on which blingy 21's to go with for the street.
Great choice!

Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Best 60-130 in 1/4 mile testing was a 3.76 and best 100-150 was a 3.71...

I am sure that Scott will be setting some new numbers for us shortly.
The R1K is listed on the official 60-130 list @ 3.85...did the 3.76 run get turned in?...

O ya I'm sure Scott will make it his mission to best those #'s!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 PM
jiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to alljiaim is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

You might give a try to nitron suspension

Old 02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Brotha!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R1KX on the way