Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Switzer R1KX on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:14 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
With a brutal launch at even 600HP you can break axles. Anyone who has done it, knows that drag racing breaks parts.

At this power, the trans, diffs, axles, driveshafts, u-joints all are subject for failure. You name it, if it is after the crankshaft in the drivetrain it is liable to break.

We can do anything we want when we launch the GTR, what we are doing works, and the mere fact that it ran a 9.0 on the first pass out of the trailer backs that statement up. We ran a 2.6 0-60 on street tires the night before.

well said, agreed. Has anyone even broken an axle yet? I was just merely saying, i've hit 1.6 sixty foots with >350whp. You guys will be owning house, shortly(if a random 9.0 didn't prove it enough)

Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
well said, agreed. Has anyone even broken an axle yet? I was just merely saying, i've hit 1.6 sixty foots with >350whp. You guys will be owning house, shortly(if a random 9.0 didn't prove it enough)
Yea.. I did it with 800whp.. If you launch it hard enough , it will snap..

Old 07-31-2011, 05:27 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Congrats Scott, been out of the loop for a bit and didnt notice the new times. Glad to see it all worked out for you. Kevin

Old 08-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Underpower is infamous around these parts
GTR sounds good

Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Yea.. I did it with 800whp.. If you launch it hard enough , it will snap..
good man

Old 08-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !Swole Powell Is a GOD !
This car is freakin sick! 8 secound ride for sure!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Tym and crew took the car to Milan Dragway today for some more runs. Temp was around 82 degrees and DA was 2600 feet. No 8-second pass, but the car ran extremely consistent 9.0Xs and the 'little' 3.8 is holding together perfectly.

Best E.T. was 9.01
Best MPH was 163.7
Best 1/8th E.T. was 5.97
Best 0-60 was 2.1

On wastegates, the car went 9.67 @ 147.

I'm extremely happy with the times that Tym was able to run in August weather with only two track outings...but at this point in time, I'm ready to get the car shipped home. I'm perfectly content with the holding the titles of; "world's fastest customer-owned GT-R", "world's fastest 2010 and newer GT-R", "world's quickest 1/8 mile GT-R", however many 'days' those records actually last. LOL...

Anyway, I'll try again myself at a local track in a couple of months. Once the team gets back and settled, I'm sure they'll post up slips and possibly a video.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-03-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Awesome! 8's are just around the corner!

Did you get any 60-130 times yet?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:40 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fastfrank
Awesome! 8's are just around the corner!

Did you get any 60-130 times yet?
The car has gone 3.81, but I'm waiting for the data from yesterday's passes to see if there are any faster times.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Tym and crew took the car to Milan Dragway today for some more runs. Temp was around 82 degrees and DA was 2600 feet. No 8-second pass, but the car ran extremely consistent 9.0Xs and the 'little' 3.8 is holding together perfectly.

Best E.T. was 9.01
Best MPH was 163.7
Best 1/8th E.T. was 5.97
Best 0-60 was 2.1

On wastegates, the car went 9.67 @ 147.

I'm extremely happy with the times that Tym was able to run in August weather with only two track outings...but at this point in time, I'm ready to get the car shipped home. I'm perfectly content with the holding the titles of; "world's fastest customer-owned GT-R", "world's fastest 2010 and newer GT-R", "world's quickest 1/8 mile GT-R", however many 'days' those records actually last. LOL...

Anyway, I'll try again myself at a local track in a couple of months. Once the team gets back and settled, I'm sure they'll post up slips and possibly a video.
UGH that would drive me nuts. 2 hundreths from an 8. Congrats nonetheless...that is a very quick 1/8 for a full weight street car on street tires. Bet you can't wait to get it home. You gotta get a run in with a TTG

Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
Dont forget Scott your car does not have a carbon fiber trunk-hood-roof and whatever else that may be lightened. just saying...

Old 08-04-2011, 10:10 AM
how the frank can you go to milan dragway(30 min from my house) and not tell a brotha! :lol:

if you guys give me warning, I would love to pit crew for you guys.

Last edited by MorePSiTehBett4; 08-04-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
UGH that would drive me nuts. 2 hundreths from an 8. Congrats nonetheless...that is a very quick 1/8 for a full weight street car on street tires. Bet you can't wait to get it home. You gotta get a run in with a TTG
I'm fine with it. Really, if you think about, 8.99 is just an arbitrary number.

Originally Posted by Bolt-OnM3
Dont forget Scott your car does not have a carbon fiber trunk-hood-roof and whatever else that may be lightened. just saying...
Thanks, bro. But the truth is, those CF items don't save a lot of weight. I'm completely good with a 9.01 (for now). Honestly.

Originally Posted by MorePSiTehBett4
how the frank can you go to milan dragway(30 min from my house) and not tell a brotha! :lol:

if you guys give me warning, I would love to pit crew for you guys.
Ha ha, sorry. I had no idea you lived in that area.

Old 08-04-2011, 02:36 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Scott Congrats man!!! thats one heck of a Weapon!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:50 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
I want one.. Congrats to you Scott and Switzer.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R1KX on the way