Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Switzer R1KX on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:44 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Any updates? Scott have you taken delivery of this beast yet? Would love to hear some impressions of this GTS VS your old 996TT and GT2.....

Old 08-20-2011, 03:05 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

Ha ha, sorry. I had no idea you lived in that area.
S'all good my man , hope you got her and are enjoying her.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by str8blst
Any updates? Scott have you taken delivery of this beast yet? Would love to hear some impressions of this GTS VS your old 996TT and GT2.....

Haven't gotten her back yet. I asked Tym to have the vinyl wrap removed and a clear-bra installed. I don't have anyone local to me that does vinyl wraps, so I'm concerned about maintenance and/or repairs of it. Plus, I actually enjoy washing & waxing my cars on the weekend. My dog usually hangs out with me when I do it, so it's pretty enjoyable.

Once that's done he'll finish tuning for 93 and 100 and she'll be on her way home.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:17 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't gotten her back yet. I asked Tym to have the vinyl wrap removed and a clear-bra installed. I don't have anyone local to me that does vinyl wraps, so I'm concerned about maintenance and/or repairs of it. Plus, I actually enjoy washing & waxing my cars on the weekend. My dog usually hangs out with me when I do it, so it's pretty enjoyable.

Once that's done he'll finish tuning for 93 and 100 and she'll be on her way home.
What color is the car ?

And you should save another 15 lbs without the wrap ..lol

Old 08-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
What color is the car ?

And you should save another 15 lbs without the wrap ..lol
Pearl white. Ya, I was thinking the same thing on the weight savings. Ha ha...

Old 09-04-2011, 03:33 AM
2008G35xS is infamous around these parts
Just curious if there are any updates.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:56 AM
Tym took my transmission completely apart to closely inspect all of my gears and clutches for signs of any damage or premature wear to verify maximum reliability at my current power level. Everything in the tranny looked perfect (brand-new), so with my blessing, Tym is making a few more changes to my fuel system to make it less complex and subsequently more reliable. He's also making a couple additional tweaks to help spool the car a bit earlier for the more efficient acceleration. I also asked him to optimize my 93 and 100 octane tunes since those are the fuels I'll be using 98% of the time.

Waiting another week or two is nothing when you consider the expected improvements.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Waiting another week or two is nothing when you consider the expected improvements.
You deserve to be distinguished for your patience as it seems like this has been the same msg for the past 2-3 months. I was getting impatient with my two projects which started after yours! I can only imagine you are anxious to take delivery of this car after what I believe is coming up on 6 months!

He's also making a couple additional tweaks to help spool the car a bit earlier for the more efficient acceleration
Sounds like Nitrous after all

Old 09-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by Dvh
You deserve to be distinguished for your patience as it seems like this has been the same msg for the past 2-3 months. I was getting impatient with my two projects which started after yours! I can only imagine you are anxious to take delivery of this car after what I believe is coming up on 6 months!
My R1K-X setup is going to be for sale as a package to other customers after my car is complete, so he wants to make sure he's checked, double checked, rechecked, and fine-tuned everything before he markets it. Future customers will appreciate this.

Being the first customer to receive a brand-new package requires patience, as well as an understanding of the amount of R&D (and time) that's involved. My patience and understanding will not only help me get an optimized product, but also mitigate the time that future customers who want the same setup will have to wait since it will have already been perfected on my car by the time they order it.

The alternative would be that I pressure him into giving me the car before it's 100% ready (which he wouldn't do)...but if he did, could cause me to have to send the car back to him, adding even more time to the process, in order to have him repair, change, or update items in the build that weren't 100% ready in the first place. I choose the former, as I'm not a fan of re-work and neither is Tym.

People that don't have patience for this type of thing should stick to off-the-shelf setups that have already been vetted through a completed R&D process.

Sounds like Nitrous after all
Nope. No nitrous.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 09-05-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:42 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
You deserve to be distinguished for your patience ...
+1.

I ran out of patience just reading this thread, much less - waiting for my car to be delivered. Scott, I hope you get the experience you were looking for, and it lasts you 10 times longer than you've waited (if not longer).

Old 09-06-2011, 04:41 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute

Being the first customer to receive a brand-new package requires patience, as well as an understanding of the amount of R&D (and time) that's involved.

People that don't have patience for this type of thing should stick to off-the-shelf setups that have already been vetted through a completed R&D process.

I agree.. being first is ALWAYS going to take the longest time for delivery.. The client must know that uncharted territory will yield slower delivery time...

Heck I know a few people that are over 14 months with 1300whp+ GTR projects that have yet to be delivered due to pushing the envelope.. IF you have been in the game for years , you get used to it..

Old 09-10-2011, 04:46 AM
GT2CS is infamous around these parts
Scott,

Your car should certainly be faster than the new Koenigsegg Agera R, which looks to be out to set some production car records

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wtlm...ature=youtu.be

and notably cheaper!!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
I've been away awhile.... But shocked you don't have it yet. I learned something about myself tonight. I couldn't be a "first" I'd be going nuts!!! Still can't wait to hear your reports. Bet you can't wait to give a report either.

Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
Looking for updates here! Been a month - tell us your driving around in ecstasy!

Old 10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
Tim S is infamous around these parts
I'm pretty sure it's still in OHIO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R1KX on the way