Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Switzer R1KX on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:04 PM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
i wonder what he'll run first...probably the 100 tune? I am teh excite

Old 11-24-2011, 08:39 AM
brainpa is infamous around these parts
Looking forward to some detailed HD pics of his entire build.

Drool

Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
1a1
1a1 is infamous around these parts
Why not run E85? It is a much better fuel than 100 race fuel. Impressive nonetheless.

Steve K.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
mavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of lightmavila is a glorious beacon of light
D@mn!

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The car made 1021 awhp and 811 awtq on 100 octane today. That will be my street fuel.
I just skipped to th elast two pages in the thread, but SWEET L0RD those numbers are insane!! Now I have to go back and read how that is even possible!

Old 12-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 1a1
Why not run E85? It is a much better fuel than 100 race fuel. Impressive nonetheless.

Steve K.
If there were E85 stations in my local area, it would have been a consideration.
Plus, 100 octane is 100 octane year-round.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Dvh
Dvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to beholdDvh is a splendid one to behold
If there were E85 stations in my local area, it would have been a consideration.
E85 is awesome in the summer, but I just learned about the winter 70% blend. Startup is hell and all of a sudden am needing to get a new tune for 70%.

Scott - do you have the ability to swap maps on the fly (flex fuel)--I believe its been covered within 36 pages I'm not about to go back and search...

Old 12-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dvh
Scott - do you have the ability to swap maps on the fly (flex fuel)--I believe its been covered within 36 pages I'm not about to go back and search...
No, my car doesn't have it since we went with a non-E85 setup (flex fuel is typically for automatic switching between E85 to non-E85 and back). Switzer does have a R1K or two out there that does have it, however.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
1a1
E70 is far superior to 100 octane race fuel. My Supra made 768whp at 30psi boost on 66 percent Ethanol last month (E70 mixed with a few gallons of 93 octane pump fuel). With E85 the PRO EFI standalone I use will advance the timing more and at 30psi it should make closer to 800whp. 100 octane unleaded is $6.99 at the pumps here and E85 (E70) in the winter is $2.89 and acts like C16.

I had to run at least 116 leaded race fuel in the past @ $13.00 a gallon to run 30psi before I switched to E85 and I still wouldn't have the spool the E85 provides due to the increase in exhaust gas energy.

With flex fuel I don't have to worry about my maps as the ecu automatically compensates based on ethanol percentage.

Too bad you can't get E85 in VA.

Steve

Old 12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
1a1
Originally Posted by Dvh
E85 is awesome in the summer, but I just learned about the winter 70% blend. Startup is hell and all of a sudden am needing to get a new tune for 70%.

Daniel,

What standalone did you go with? Does it not have flex fuel capability?

Steve K.

Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
You also have to factor in the hygroscopic properties that ethanol has, if you get a significant amount of water in your fuel you could have serious damage done. Nothing that we have seen so far, but the chance is there.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM
Alex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant futureAlex has a brilliant future
Congratulations Scott and Switzer on this incredible build!

Old 12-20-2011, 08:33 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
You also have to factor in the hygroscopic properties that ethanol has, if you get a significant amount of water in your fuel you could have serious damage done. Nothing that we have seen so far, but the chance is there.

That's great info.
It has rarely been mentioned, but certainly worthy of consideration.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:51 PM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
It's always awesome to see some guys that are crazy enough to venture into and unexplored territory and keep us posted with the results

enjoy the beast in the best of health good sir, and I wish you miles of smiles with it. Hoping to see an 8 sec pass soon which is VERY close and I am sure is doable with your setup

I am planning to stay stock for a while, and then my goal is not to pass a P800 level kit until more information about the R1k have been gathered.

Switzer cars look amazing, and I have seen the way Neil and other Switzer crew members deal with customers and prospective customers and I really like that about them.

-AJ

Old 01-24-2012, 06:11 PM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
When you run the 3.3 60-130 mph, do you have a measurement of 100-200 km?

Old 01-24-2012, 06:38 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Switzer R1KX on the way