Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
ACRJUD is infamous around these parts
he rolled off the start, it took him over a second to cross the first slab of concrete. Did he start in the 3rd gear?

Old 02-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
The Turbo S is VERY fast from a dig. It's just as fast, if not slightly faster, than a 2012 GT-R is. That said, had the driver in the above video launched the GT-R like the driver in this video does, the race would have been much closer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia7BWh2KRYs

Old 02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rseven
+1 ...I'm sure most would agree with you here.

2 seconds in a 7+ minute lap is hardly considered "huge".
So lets take this time difference and put it into other perspectives:

7:18 vs 7:20 means the GT-R is 0.456621% slower than the GT2RS.

0.00456621 X 430 whp for the GT-R = 1.96 whp difference!

0.00456621 X 3829 lb for the GT-R = 17.5 lb difference!

0.00456621 X 197 mph for the GT-R = 0.89 mph difference!

0.00456621 X 20 year Mortgage = 1 month difference!

0.00456621 X 13.2 miles = 318 ft = 2 seconds difference at 108.4 mph = CRUSHED or one or two badly missed gears!

I guess to rocket scientists, these numbers do make a huge difference in the real world!

Last edited by Tachsman; 02-24-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 AM
LuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud ofLuckyEff has much to be proud of
Guerrilla marketing at its best! Haha

Old 02-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
It is indeed a 'car' site. But like any other car site, you have some peope who aren't true performance car enthusiasts. They are rather, brand-******. You see it everywhere on automotive forums. Not just here.
+1....so true.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:50 AM
DorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the roughDorianGrayFFM is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tachsman
So lets take this time difference and put it into other perspectives:

7:18 vs 7:20 means the GT-R is 0.456621% slower than the GT2RS.

0.00456621 X 430 whp for the GT-R = 1.96 whp difference!

0.00456621 X 3829 lb for the GT-R = 17.5 lb difference!

0.00456621 X 197 mph for the GT-R = 0.89 mph difference!

0.00456621 X 20 year Mortgage = 1 month difference!

0.00456621 X 13.2 miles = 318 ft = 2 seconds difference at 108.4 mph = CRUSHED or one or two badly missed gears!

I guess to rocket scientists, these numbers do make a huge difference in the real world!
Rocket scientists the world over would agree that a proper start on a GTR would crush your crush theory.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
No comparison Porsche is truly the better car all around. How come you don’t see GTRs all over like you do Porsche’s?
I truly believe that people can’t justify paying $80-1ook for a Nissan.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:06 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RUFone
No comparison Porsche is truly the better car all around. How come you don’t see GTRs all over like you do Porsche’s?
I truly believe that people can’t justify paying $80-1ook for a Nissan.
Many would argue with your "better all around car" claim. The GTR was only introduced in the US in 2009. Porsche has been around for decades longer. Again, it's "brand ******" who will say that they can't justify paying $80K+ for a Nissan. True automotive performance enthusiasts would say $80K+ is a bargain for the performance that you get from a GTR. Judging by your comments, I would assume you care more about the badge than what a car is capable of.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:10 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
If Porsche had first produced the GT-R instead of Nissan and then stuck a $200,000 price tag on it, I have no doubt that we would continuously be hearing praise from Porsche owners as to the beauty of the car with its avant-garde image, engineering and design. We would revel in its massive acceleration and quick times around the Nurburgring as no other mass production car has done before.
+1. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by unvmy996
2 seconds is HUGE around the ring , so yes crushed i think fits here, regardless of the price , and weight etc... all that has nothing to do with it , we are talking about car vs car .
Are you the kind of guy that would compare a ZR1 to a base V6 Mustang, and say the ZR1 is clearly the better car because it laps the 'Ring faster by 2secs?

Because (price wise), that's kind of what this looks like.

GT2RS vs base GT-R? Really? You call this an even comparison?

Compared to the Bugatti Veyron SS, the GT2RS has a slow top speed.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
Nissan GTR vs Nissan Sentra SR20DET which is faster?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Once you get a car that can go so fast, all that extra power is truly wasted on the streets in most places. Even on the track, most owners are not going to drive their cars like a bat out of hell in order to reach their full potential. I am sure 90% of drivers could not even drive their car that fast in the first place without crashing.
I'd argue that I use that performance almost everyday. Just this morning, in the rain, in fact. You can have a lot of safe fun within a 65mph speed limit.

When I go on track, I push it as hard as I can (because I know the car's limits are so far beyond my own).

That's the funny thing about the GT-R - anybody can drive it fast - anywhere. You should try it... Let's say you're at a traffic light, about to turn left. The light turns green - you can apply almost (if not completely) 100% throttle and turn left from a dead stop. 15 years ago, in a Viper, I applied slight throttle turning left out a parking lot, and spun it out (facing oncoming traffic) - very embarrassing.

Now let's say it's raining and you do that same thing... No problem.

I ran a 12.2 1/4mi in the rain (at 117mph). I think that shows how much drivability the car has. That's what gets me... A grandmother DID drive it. My mother drove my son and his friend to their football game in my car (trunk full of pads, fold up chairs, etc...).

I don't think anybody can argue the capability of the car.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-25-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by RUFone
Nissan GTR vs Nissan Sentra SR20DET which is faster?

Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor
gotta make it fun, it was taking a negative feel there for a while!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
2 seconds at the 'Ring is not substantial - JMHO.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!