Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RUFone
How come you don’t see GTRs all over like you do Porsche’s?
I hope that you're joking, but if not...

..GT-Rs are much more rare. There's barely over 4,000 GT-Rs in the US total (that includes all years; '09, '10 and '11).

Do you have any idea how many Porsches have been sold here? Porsche sold 6,800 911s in North America in 2009 alone. They've been selling them here since 1964. Do the math.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-25-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Do you have any idea how many Porsches have been sold here? Porsche sold 6,800 911s in North America in 2009 alone. They've been selling them here since 1964. Do the math.
Not to mention, the 911 platform has so many trim levels (from a base Carrera to a GT2 RS - 22 models in all) that there's bound to be more on the road. In my area alone, I've seen a lot of soccer moms driving Carrera 4's. I'm willing to bet that these ladies have no idea of the power they have on tap underneath their right foot. But they drive a Porsche, so they're happy.

Just my opinion, of course.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:09 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Most P owners have the funds to make a choice and if they want one they just buy one to add it to the stable. Cant say that situation applies to the majority of GTR owners.
Talk about an erroneous, spontaneous, and totaly subjective comment there. (but aren't they all..)

I know you didn't say "ALL" GTR owners, Just allow me to give you my side of the stroy...Before I purchased the GTR, I drove a 1000 HP 997 TT (MINT condition, 5K miles, 2 owners, wheels, suspension, CF, etc.) with EVERY intention of buying it and walked away empty handed. I test drove a GTR 3 days later and bought one on the spot.

I guess coming from a TT Gallardo, the driving dynamics of the Porsche just didn't do anything for me. Not saying the Porsche isn't a great car, but for me, the GTR was that much better.

Ok, carry on..

Old 02-25-2011, 11:38 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I came from a 996 C2 (plus a few other cars), and was cross-shopping a Turbo when I saw the GT-R. Options weren't a pain (they all come standard with everything, minus the iPod mount (now standard USB), and a back up camera), and the performance was phenomenal.

I was trying to decide between an R8/Vantage/XKR/GT-R/911 Turbo/F355/F360/etc... I decided the GT-R was the best of all of them (for me). So it's not like money was a driving factor. There are more than a few GT-R owners with other cars, and some of those opt for the GT-R over those more expensive 'sports' cars.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
One of our R1K GTR clients owns a Veyron among other cars, and will not race them because if the he beats the Veyron, he will sell the Veyron. A man who could own anything he wants, chose the GTR.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
i sow that this morning first thing came to my mind what an immature marketing manager they have hehehehe
Can't be worse than Porsche purchasing a GT-R, and then saying that the actual stock form can't do better than 7:55 around the 'Ring (shortly before SportAuto runs it at 7:38 (or 7:34 or something)).

Nahhhh... Porsche is above that. They wouldn't try any marketing gimmicks - they aren't out to make money.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
One of our R1K GTR clients owns a Veyron among other cars, and will not race them because if the he beats the Veyron, he will sell the Veyron. A man who could own anything he wants, chose the GTR.
How is my Veyron beater coming along, Neil?

Old 02-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Where I live there is a wealthy former CEO of a very large multi-national company. I have had the pleasure to have been to his house. He loves cars and has accumulated over 200+ cars for his automobile museum. He bought the first Titanium 2009 GT-R sold here in the area. He loves driving the GT-R because of its overall performance and handling. The GT-R remains in his home garage along with a few other cars that he likes to drive more routinely. Must be nice.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:30 PM
Hkpooh is infamous around these parts
GTR is a driver car
99% of P cars are driven by dorks that think they bling bling.
Like driving around with his ghetto 911 basic and a blonde makes him think he is rich.
You really think the POS boxter, non turbo 911 or VW SUV blings?

Jay Leno has a GTR too, try tell him how bling you are because you have a "Porsche"

in the opposite 99% of GTR driver appreciate thier car instead of thinking it blings.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:36 PM
lol! Welcome to 6speed.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:05 PM
gu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond reputegu9cci has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche=tradition,symbol,style,design and unconditional love from owners!

GT-R is fast but that's all is can offer to me.I'm not fan of the design,interior and the brand but it have something to offer

Old 02-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by gu9cci
Porsche=style,design

GT-R is fast but that's all is can offer to me.I'm not fan of the design,interior, but it have something to offer
I've filtered out irrelevance to me...

What impresses me is not just being fast - but fast everywhere: either accelerating, braking, or cornering, not just in a straight line (where it is weakest).

Style, design, and interior is for people who are not completely focused on performance. Let's face it, you have be able to tolerate the car's appearance. This is all personal preference, and has nothing to with heritage, tradition, brand, etc... it is unique to each car and the prospective owner.

(I'm not even sure what tradition means)

Old 02-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I love Porsche. Always will. Plan to have another within a year to compliment my monster GT-R (probably a GT3). But no matter how great Porsche is as a brand, it doesn't mitigate, even slightly, just how awesome the GT-R is.

As far as tradition goes, I have one word in response: 'Skyline'. Plenty of tradition there.

Style and design are totally subjective. I love the GT-R look. With the right wheel setup, I actually think it's one of the most attractive cars you can buy.

Hating the GT-R for being an awesome performance car is like hating the sun for being too hot. The hate doesn't change a thing.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 02-25-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:21 PM
One likely possibility may be that because the car is a somewhat unattractive they cant bring themselves to making the switch? That was a deal breaker for me....and still is...amongst a few other small things that are of importance to my driving tastes.
That was the deal breaker for me as well... It kept me out of the Turbo.

I agree completely...

(That, +standard features, +price, +performance)

Old 02-25-2011, 07:44 PM
I'm done unless you have further to add.
You completely missed my point. I was trying to address your comment of....Most P owners have the funds to make a choice and if they want one they just buy one to add it to the stable. Cant say that situation applies to the majority of GTR owners...

Please show me a scientific study that you have done that backs up your statement? I know PLENTY of GTR owners that have MULTIPLE other cars in their stable. To say that is just down right silly, and wrong.

Hell, for the amount of money I just spent on my GTR in aftermarket upgrades, I could have bought A Porsche..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!