Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Originally Posted by divexxtreme
the $245k gt2rs weighs 881 lbs less, makes 90 more hp, yet only went 2 seconds faster around the 'ring than the $90k, 3956 lb, 530 hp 2012 gt-r (7:18 vs 7:20).

I'm a huge fan of the gt2 rs (i actually get to drive one soon...can't wait), but considering all of the variables involved, i don't believe that "crush" is the most accurate term i'd use to describe this accomplishment.
+1234

Old 02-26-2011, 11:28 AM
rocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the rough
okay, as i said earlier, no matter what i say, i will never, with my poor command of the english language, but able to say what i want to say, and get it across as intended without someone reading me wrong- the inherent nature of a forum. That being said, and hopefully everyone accepting (god forbid) i'm going to summarize (why? it's due to my inherent conceited arrogant nature cause i want to CONTROL the whole thread and have the last say...hahahaha..)
My biggest point about all of what i'm about to say it that IT'S ALL ABOUT PERCEPTION.
The thread started with the 'immature' advertising- i don't give a hoot one way or another about this ie no big opinion- i felt amused then thought, yep, some will be dishevelled about it. Then came the comment about the Porsche owners being able buy what they want and GTR owners not. I state it exactly this way rather than quote, cause this is MY PERCEPTION of what was said. Say ALL YOU WANT but you can't tell me how i perceive it. I don't know the author from a hole in the wall, but to me it came off as arrogant. Again, MY PERCEPTION. The author is probably a great guy and passionate about cars. I rarely post but chose to make a comment because of my perception of arrogance. The thread has exploded and yes, as some say, is way too long, boring, ridiculous etc. So, i'll make more obvious statements- all MY perception : People love cars. People, like me (i mean this about myself), are shallow in this life, and need to buy **** to make living tolerable. Oh, i'm having a bad day? .....no problem cause wow MY CAR is the ****. I am conceited. I am arrogant. I have the best car. My car is better than yours. I don't have any problem saying this because it's true about me. Being on a forum allows me to, in theory, amplify this (what many would call pathetic) personality trait. Sure, the forum is GREAT for getting information and sharing the joys of cars, but more often than not, it is a way for people to show off, often cloaked in a bunch of words and subjects. So there are many many comments by all that are absolutely true and spot on. AT the end of the day i only wish that when someone is called on something that instead of heading off in 6 directions with absolutely great answers about OTHER STUFF, that they might humbly come back and actually answer to original call and admit that they may have said something that was PERCEIVED BY THE MAJORITY to be arrogant.
ANd just so there is a REDUCED risk of misunderstanding - my capital letters are not 'yelling', just trying to accent the right words for meaning, and I'm NOT pissed off in any way- just a bit frustrated only for the sake of frustrations sake...... AND most people on this site are WAY SMARTER than me in car **** and in no way am i arrogant about the actual information- just completely full of myself as a human being.
THat said i will sign off by saying i just got off playing need for speed on play station where even though MONEY WAS NO ISSUE, i chose the GTR HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.....AND i spent a **** load of money on the steering wheel and custom seat.
So, do i win???? (cringe)

Old 02-26-2011, 11:39 AM
rocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the roughrocdok is a jewel in the rough
ps if you say bad things about me i'm gonna have hurt feelings and it'll cost me money for counselling (poor self esteem) and that will take away from my mods (which i have none)

Old 02-26-2011, 12:50 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Heck, I'm even considering cross-shopping between a 997 GT3, C6 Z06, E92 M3 and 2011 Mustang GT (yes, a $30k Ford) for my next car to compliment the GT-R!
Your next cross-shopping purchase is inline with mine...

I'm going to add to the GT3, a Carrera 2/2S, C5/C6/C5Z/C6Z, Mustang GT, Boss 302, Miata, XKR, DB9, and almost everything in between.

I'm fickle. The only constant is the fact that the GT-R will remain my daily/weekend driver.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:32 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tachsman
The JC Penney owner then took $900 and bought a Cobb tuning accessport for her GT-R. This is capitalism at its best!
...Brilliant!

Old 02-26-2011, 09:18 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Sticky?

Old 02-27-2011, 04:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
It looks more like you said this -
Originally Posted by speed21
Most P owners have the funds to make a choice and if they want one they just buy one to add it to the stable. Cant say that situation applies to the majority of GTR owners.
When 996 Turbos are going for high $30k's, and 996 C2's are going for low $20k's, yeah, I consider that inexpensive compared to a mid-$50k GT-R (leaving 997's out of this for now, because it was irrelevant to my point).

Sounds like GT-R owners had a choice, and opted for a GT-R instead of a Porsche (if you see this differently, please tell me where my math is wrong).

Yeah, I said,"New may cost a little bit." Because they cost more, on average than a used car.

Show me anywhere it appears I have a sore point about financial status (and show me anywhere I mentioned this - anywhere).

The reasonI'm considering a C2 for beating on the track, is they are much less expensive to maintain, and they can be quite fun (read into that what you will).

If you'd like to see evidence of my clairvoyance, I can forward you a link to the post I made a week ago stating the points that would be made here. This thread brings along nothing new. Just everything rehashed differently. I actually appreciate that the mods left this open (that way everybody here can get it out of their system, and not clutter up other threads).

Old 02-27-2011, 04:24 PM
newcreation is infamous around these parts
Nice

Old 02-27-2011, 04:51 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
It looks more like you said this -

When 996 Turbos are going for high $30k's, and 996 C2's are going for low $20k's, yeah, I consider that inexpensive compared to a mid-$50k GT-R (leaving 997's out of this for now, because it was irrelevant to my point).

Sounds like GT-R owners had a choice, and opted for a GT-R instead of a Porsche (if you see this differently, please tell me where my math is wrong).
why are you comparing a car thats 2 yrs old to cars that are over 10 years old? its apples to oranges.

Old 02-27-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by crackberry005
why are you comparing a car thats 2 yrs old to cars that are over 10 years old? its apples to oranges.
Because all I specified was "911".

We could compare a 2007 C2 for $45k, or a 2009 (released in 2008) GT-R for $55k. So my point is valid there as well... But I was merely stating that the depreciation for the 911's makes them quite affordable.

Did somebody opt to purchase a more expensive GT-R than a used 911? Yes. That's as far as my point went. I'm not trying to compare any performance between a C2 and GT-R (these cars aren't even in the same class, and it would be unfair).

I guess I just disagreed with Speed21's perspective that Porsche owners CHOOSE them because they have the finances to do so.

My neighbor (who only takes his 911 out about once a month), has a 996 C2, that he purchased for $30k, and he wishes he had the money to purchase a GT-R. So not only did I provide examples to counter Speed21's point, but I also have an example as well.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Because all I specified was "911".

We could compare a 2007 C2 for $45k, or a 2009 (released in 2008) GT-R for $55k. So my point is valid there as well... But I was merely stating that the depreciation for the 911's makes them quite affordable.

Did somebody opt to purchase a more expensive GT-R than a used 911? Yes. That's as far as my point went. I'm not trying to compare any performance between a C2 and GT-R (these cars aren't even in the same class, and it would be unfair).

I guess I just disagreed with Speed21's perspective that Porsche owners CHOOSE them because they have the finances to do so.

My neighbor (who only takes his 911 out about once a month), has a 996 C2, that he purchased for $30k, and he wishes he had the money to purchase a GT-R. So not only did I provide examples to counter Speed21's point, but I also have an example as well.
its still not apples to apples. you should compare the an 09 gtr to an 09 911 or 911s in order for it to be apples to apples.

and that whole neighbor thing, you are using heuristics to prove your point. but, heuristics is not scientific. its biased and skewed. nothing against you personally, but thats just the general nature of heuristics.

plus, you are dealing with used cars, when i think ppl are trying to compare a new turbo to a new gtr. so again, you arent comparing apples to apples with price.

Old 02-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by crackberry005
its still not apples to apples. you should compare the an 09 gtr to an 09 911 or 911s in order for it to be apples to apples.

and that whole neighbor thing, you are using heuristics to prove your point. but, heuristics is not scientific. its biased and skewed. nothing against you personally, but thats just the general nature of heuristics.

plus, you are dealing with used cars, when i think ppl are trying to compare a new turbo to a new gtr. so again, you arent comparing apples to apples with price.
Sorry. I'll try to consider everyone's agenda when making a brief point in passing.

You asked a question, I answered it, thoroughly. Speed21 attempted to use heuristics, starting this whole downward spiral into uselessness.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Holy crap.

Dude, when your ego deflates, please come back here and feel free to discuss. You are missing every single point I've made.

It appears your anger is blinding you. If you really did read posts of mine in the past you'd see exactly why I'm looking for another track beater.

There are absolutely no problems with tracking the GT-R, other than the maintenance of expensive rotors, tires, fluids, etc... The rotors are immensely cheaper on a 911 C2, for example. Less fluids + lighter car = cheaper maintenance (for those 'poor' folk like me) = more times at the track. Nowhere did I state I wouldn't track the GT-R anymore (going next month again, in fact), just that I would use the 911 more.

You keep mentioning this 'badge' (funny - I said you would). I posted this on Feb 19th:
I'm not going to submit the troll bait (on 6speed) for that specific reason...

I'll get 10 reasons why the Porsche is better (none of them being performance or standard features):

#1 The badge
#2 911 looks better
#3 Heritage
#4 It is more fun to go slow
#5 The badge
#6 6sp is more fun (than their own PDK)
#7 The 911GT2RS is faster
#8 The badge
#9 The GT-R has no soul (whatever that means)
#10 The badge
Every other forum member has seen this many times before. And I was referring to everybody's car as just a damn car. It isn't worth the concern. You appear quite defensive about this topic, for some reason.

Porsches can cost a little bit more (compared to a GT-R). This is obvious (and can be proven with new MSRP sticker values). I'm not sure why you're even disputing this, unless you're getting offended by the term "little bit" (everything is relative). I'm going to go off on a limb (this wasn't discussed), and suggest that you purchased your 911 new. It would explain a lot to me.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:09 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Are you the kind of guy that would compare a ZR1 to a base V6 Mustang, and say the ZR1 is clearly the better car because it laps the 'Ring faster by 2secs?

Because (price wise), that's kind of what this looks like.

GT2RS vs base GT-R? Really? You call this an even comparison?

Compared to the Bugatti Veyron SS, the GT2RS has a slow top speed.
ehm, no . im comparing times and times only ! not cars , stating that two seconds difference is huge around the track . and just that .

so relax , take a deep breath , and dont let your panties get all bunched up

Old 02-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by unvmy996
ehm, no . im comparing times and times only ! not cars , stating that two seconds difference is huge around the track . and just that .

so relax , take a deep breath , and dont let your panties get all bunched up
So your comparing times of cars, but not the cars?

Could you explain to me the difference between comparing a GT-R's time, and a GT2RS's time as opposed to comparing a ZR-1's time vs a Mustang GT's time.

I was only comparing the times and times only! not cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!