Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 06:36 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speed21
Hi Diva. Firstly i agree it has indeed been very enjoying and entertaining to date....if not a little silly! But i respect that its your call whether you wish the thread to continue. I'm writing to you now as im unclear why you edited my post as i had only quoted the point where pooh had specifically said he "rolls on a chinese P VW scooter etc". There was no name calling by me as such. So why the problem? or need to edit my post ?

I was merely drawing the attention to a few valid points, one being where Jasper had openly and rather foolishly admitted his prior knowedge of poohs appearance on the scene to deliver an offensive post directed at P car owners.....and then of course there is now poohs sudden appearance on the scene again as Jaspers very obvious support flunkie. I mean if pooh is not Jaspers flunkie then what is he? Or was it the term flunkie? I can always use "sidekick" if thats more acceptable but let me know so i can fit in with whatever your requirements are, but please dont try to have me or anyone believe he is operating solo because Jasper has already (foolishly)owned up to that earlier and, i addressed that with Jasper. Although i noticed Jasper sidestepped the issue.

So, its fair to say that amongst poohs rather incoherent bable that the only thing that could be made sense from it all was that he wanted to tell everyone about his ride? There was no threats or name calling as such from my end. I also didnt respond to poohs offensive name calling toward me as i dont see any point in responding to someone who is merely being manipulated behind the scenes by Jasper. Anyone can see by his posts he is struggling to deliver in a successful manner for Jasper.

Just to let you know, I wasnt going to ever respond to pooh as i see no point. I'd prefer to direct my points to Jasper direct as he is the main mouthpiece between the duet. So if i've overstepped the 6 lines anywhere please let me know as i genuinley only want to play the game withing the guidelines. Making threats is not my bag.

Paul.
This is why we can't have nice things...

Seriously, this is what causes threads like this to get closed. Please stop addressing the characters, and continue addressing the topic. It is okay to agree to disagree, but when you offend people with name calling (if you need me to show you, I will), it becomes personal. There is no need for this. If it is indeed frivolous, please feel free to not click on this thread. Don't force the closure on people who want to discuss topics...

(This is will perpetuate the stereotypical GT-R vs 911 threads)

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-28-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Hmmm...whatever you like Jasper, whatever you like, you seem to know everything dont you. A wealth of wisdom and advice. But you should really try to practice what you preach .

My disagreements have been made very plain. 1) I didnt think the advert reflected sound judgement from Nissan particularly regarding the manner it was executed and whilst at the outset being funny it left a lot to be desired ethically.

2) Some Nissan owners are giving their choice of car a bad reputation by carrying on like such soe toes....and i have attempted to point out how.

Anyway, i'll continue later on or as and when i have the time but there are a few points i feel worthy to put out there. How they are going to be recieved is another story .
1) So you think this was a corporate Nissan (by your words "judgment from Nissan")?

If your answer is,"Yes" Then I imagine you share an equal view when Porsche (corporate) made a decision in an attempt to discredit Nissan, by purchasing a GT-R, and then releasing a statement that they couldn't get to run a 7:55 around the 'Ring...

If you don't, I'd question YOUR judgment.

2) Irrelevant to this discussion. If the comments didn't start with "The GT2RS can crush the GT-R" - this would have taken a different turn. Because first, we'd have to bring up the fact that the two cars were never designed to compare to either one, the GT-R is a production car, the GT2RS is a limited production car, costs $200k+, 2secs around a 'Ring, blah, blah, etc, etc...)

And you don't have to own a GT-R to see this fallacy, it just so happens that I own one. That doesn't change facts. It may change my opinion, but it won't change facts.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hkpooh
Edited...

dropping 170k in a car is a really big thing to you I guess?
and apparently you don't think Porsche car is too cheap even 90% of the porsche car on the road is cheaper than a Nissan ?
omg! you make no sense. have you seen altimas driving around?

Old 02-28-2011, 11:17 PM
crackberry005 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
I'm on the verge of closing this thread, but I'm enjoying watching certain members attempt to validate their opinions.

In any case, no personal attacks will be allowed. Regardless of your frustration towards other members, if you can't make your point without calling someone names, don't post.

Thank you.
glad we can provide entertainment for you

Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 PM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Official Thread Cliff Notes

1. A video was first presented.
2. The video demonstrated the speed of a Nissan GT-R.
3. Several Porsche owners or leasers were in the video.
4. The video increased GT-R test drives significantly.
5. Some thought the video showed positive marketing.
6. Some thought the video showed negative marketing.
7 Then a big discussion began over this matter.
8. The discussions turned sour between Porsche and Nissan rivals.
9. The banter continued for 7 pages.
10. The teacher finally scolded several for name calling.
11. Luckily, no parents were notified today for bad behavior.
12. Kindergarten ended but will resume tomorrow.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:18 AM
Yawn....Jasper I have clearly explained my position yet your contined denial and inability to face up to any form of reality is becoming too tiresome. If you cant come up with anything new or worthwhile for me to discuss then im done with you. You need to seriously come to grips and get real with yourself and everyone else on these forums.
Absolutely none of this has anything to do with the subject. Please stay on topic.

You've responded to nothing I've said. At this point, I'd expect as much.

(By the way - that is very similar to the post Divexxtreme deleted)

You never answered: Did you buy your Turbo new?

And to address the only relevance (in some abstract way) in your posts - Nissan proved the tires they used (there were pictures of them on AND off the car - in fact - they are still on display). Had this been asked earlier, I would have been happy to 'straighten you out'. But now, I believe you've dug yourself a whole, and I wished you would have been educated before you showed up. Please learn facts, before arguing with mine. And I also thought it was clear that Porsche didn't maintain the vehicle properly, which is why Nissan didn't support them (like not breaking in the vehicle, doing the 1000mile POS, as recommended by the manual, etc...

(Why did SportAuto have no problem getting into the 7:30's? Did Nissan supply them with special parts and attention? No.)

Old 03-01-2011, 06:25 AM
Originally Posted by crackberry005
Let's pretend we can understand his point for a second:

You want to talk new? What is the value of a C2, Cayenne or Boxster? What is the value of a GT-R?

Is the GT-R more or less?

You want to discuss used?
What is the value of most of the 911 Turbos ever made? More or less than ~$60k?

Please understand that this has nothing to do with anybody owning any car - and is direct response to the unsolicited comment that Porsche owners made a choice that Nissan owners don't have (insinuating that Nissan GT-R owners are poor, and can't afford a Porsche).

Old 03-01-2011, 07:58 AM
wide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nicewide2k is just really nice
If you really think about it, true and genuine Porsche enthusiasts would be the biggest GT-R supporters.

Because for decades, the 911 WAS the 'GT-R' compared to Lambos and Ferraris. Porsche rivaled and in some cases, surpassed the performance of even more expensive exotic car brands and P cars were the 'bang for the buck' brand for years.

And of course there were plenty of higher dollar exotic car owners snobbing and looking down at P owners.

Replace 'GT-R' with 'Porsche' and substitute 'Ferrari' in place of 'Porsche' or '911' in this whole thread and it looks pretty similar to hundreds of past discussions.

So, let's give respect where respect is due.

More power to any manufacturer willing to push the envelope--tighter, faster, cheaper..competition benefits all manufacturers in the long run.

Heck, I can't wait for a manufacturer to come out with a $40k msrp GT-R killer..lol

Last edited by wide2k; 03-01-2011 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Originally Posted by wide2k
If you really think about it, true and genuine Porsche enthusiasts would be the biggest GT-R supporters.

Because for decades, the 911 WAS the 'GT-R' compared to Lambos and Ferraris.

Replace 'GT-R' with 'Porsche' and substitute 'Ferrari' in place of 'Porsche' or '911' in this whole thread and it looks pretty similar to hundreds of past discussions.

In other words, let's give respect where respect is due.

As for me, more power to the any manufacturer willing to push the envelope..faster, tighter, better, cheaper
I had considered that in past, but I thought I was in the minority.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:47 AM
Hkpooh is infamous around these parts

Because for decades, the 911 WAS the 'GT-R' compared to Lambos and Ferraris. Porsche rivaled and in some cases, surpassed the performance of even more expensive exotic car brands and P cars were the 'bang for the buck' brand for years.

And of course there were plenty of higher dollar exotic car owners snobbing and looking down at P owners.

So, let's give respect where respect is due.

More power to any manufacturer willing to push the envelope--tighter, faster, cheaper..competition benefits all manufacturers in the long run.

Heck, I can't wait for a manufacturer to come out with a $40k msrp GT-R killer..lol
Yes that nailed Porsche hard, the moment they came out ghetto model, they lost their heritage.

Is funny that 90% of Porsche on the road are cheaper than a GTR and those ghetto vresion owners still think their car blings.

Old 03-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by crackberry005

Oh it makes 100% sense until the day you see Lambo or Ferrari produce a car cheaper than....a Nissan, GTR whatever. lol

Still thinking your basic model "Porsche" blings?

Old 03-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Ford is already touting the new Mustang can beat the M3, what's next? Z06, GT-R, 911 Turbo, right?

And there was somebody else saying the new Camaro SS was better than the GT-R as well.

(Whether or not you take these claims seriously, is up to you)

Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 AM

So, its fair to say that amongst poohs rather incoherent bable that the only thing that could be made sense from it all was that he wanted to tell everyone about his ride? There was no threats or name calling as such from my end and if so id like to know where. I also didnt respond to poohs offensive name calling toward me as i dont see any point in responding to someone who is obviously being manipulated behind the scenes by Jasper. Anyone can see by his posts he is struggling to deliver in a successful manner for Jasper as to the responses and props from Jasper.
You don't like my ride? What's wrong with a Porsche scooter made by VW?
I am mocking people that dropped big money on a single car thinks they are big shot even thats their only car. I am mocking people that drives a ghetto version that thinks their car blings. You sound so rich I am sure you are not one of them.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Speed21
Theres that line again . And didn't mean to spoil your fun by "showing up".

Well i cant read anymore than whats available on the web and to be honest its been a while since i looked. Sure i see Nissans side of the argument but it could also be said what else could you expect them to say. If it was all so concerning for them why didnt they supply the parts and even a set of tires for that matter?

Oh poor doodums . So it didn't get broken in all too kindly. hasn't bothered new P cars that cop a flogging straight out of the box and they too really should be run in, in accordance with the owners manual. And the facts? Well let me take another read or you can link me up and if i have to eat some humble pie anywhere i don't mind.....honestly. The whole issue is not of any huge importance to me personally as i don't drive the ring every day nor would it have any relativity to my choice of purchase at this stage in the game.

As i said link the article if its such an issue for you. I have no idea why but let me take a look. Im happy to be straightened out as i don't have any issue with the GTR taking that win. Im a believer!!
You didn't spoil the 'fun', you ruined a potentially fun thread. Could you please stop attempting to side-step the comments you made?

I don't know for a fact that you've purchased your Turbo new. But if you did, it would explain a lot (no, I don't care enough to search your posts, you could just offer a simple answer - if it isn't too difficult).

2) C'mon, man... Think - how can the tires that were run on the 'Ring be on display if they haven't been on track yet? If you need me to spell it out for you, I will:

The car was purchased in the US. It isn't Nissan's fault they can't read, and follow simple instructions, why should they pay for it? How is this relevant?

The rest of your post is irrelevant as well. And if you want to resort to spell check, let me know, and I'll being parsing out all of your errors as well. I try to overlook them, because it doesn't change the intent of your information.

Please stay on topic (for the third time). And I'm not going to link any article for you (there are search engines that can do this for you). If you cared enough, you'd find it, if you don't care, drop it. I don't know why this is such a big deal to you, that you think this is a personal attack on you.

(please find one comment of mine where I explain my opinion about either a Porsche or GT-R, other than the performance of the GT-R is phenomenal (one might even suggest that is a fact, not opinion). And if I don't discuss my opinion, how can you possibly say I'm 'defending' either the car, myself, my choice to purchase a car, my financial status (which I have never divulged), or ever attacked your financial status, your car, you, or your choice to purchase your car, etc...?)

Last edited by jaspergtr; 03-01-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Enough is enough already

Hey... both of you, JasperGTR and Speed21, please stop your mindless bickering like a couple of prepubescent school girls. Nothing intelligent has been said by either of you in the last 5 pages. If you want to cat fight among yourselves, then please go and PM each other to continue arguing and insulting each other. I am sure both of you are nice guys in real life, but all of your accusations made here are totally ridiculous and are not helping either of you.

Since I am disgusted with the behavior from both of you, I am sure that others here must feel the same way. I think the moderator could do us all a big favor and delete all of your posts in order to clean up this thread which has gone berserk. If deleting your posts is not politically correct, then at least move them to the moronic pointless discussion thread.

Thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nissan GT-R pranks Porsche owners on the street!