Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

r34 skylines impounded

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Str8 Rippin is infamous around these parts
Unhappy r34 skylines impounded

I found out that ICE and the feds impounded the "hero" r34 skyline from the fast and the furious 4 at some impound lot in San Diego. here's the article, i was just curious if anyone had an update to since then, have the cars been crushed like it states or are they still sitting in some impound lot? either way i would like to know thanks! and the gov. can sit on a fist..

here's a link to the article
http://www.gtrusablog.com/2009/10/ka...-thus-far.html

Old 05-01-2011, 07:39 PM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
The owners of these cars knew what they were getting into and what could possibly happen.

Old 05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Life goes on...

Old 05-02-2011, 01:57 AM
HPFMTRE is infamous around these partsHPFMTRE is infamous around these parts
I still think we have better things to be spending tax money on? Just me..

Old 05-06-2011, 09:51 PM
danox574 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by revracer
The owners of these cars knew what they were getting into and what could possibly happen.
You know, there was a time when Kaizo's operations included the sales of shell vehicles with non-DOT compliant parts removed, the owner was a retired police officer, and they were a licensed manufacturer putting US Vins and supplying documentation on their (re)construction of the shell. You may not have known Daryl when he was starting Kaizo, or when he ran Nissanie, but there are plenty of Kaizo vehicle owners who had no idea that someday Daryl would start doing wrong and attract attention to the history of his companies.

Your statement may be true for some, but many others were duped by a company that was issuing VINs and appeared at all examination to have the authority to do so.

Incidentally, that hero car was sold to Germany and was on it's way to export when it was seized, taking the vehicle away from a German buyer who was trying to get what he paid for. Funny that they would seize a car and hold it here when it was attempting to be exported.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:22 AM
needforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to behold
This kind of stuff makes me so angry. I can understand the EPA laws for emissions, and cars newer than 25 years old coming in should have to pass like all others. I dont think they need to be OBDII, just that they should be above the levels mandated.

Now all of the crash safety and DOT stuff makes no sense to me. If I want to buy a vehicle that has been deemed unsafe by the US government, than I should be able to do that. I am taking a chance on my life alone. These laws were only made because of the grey market importing that happened in the 1980's and 1990's and the dealers got mad and lobbied congress saying they were losing sales. So now its almost impossible to import any car not older than 25 years, even if it can pass EPA standards for that time period no problem.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by needforspeed502
This kind of stuff makes me so angry. I can understand the EPA laws for emissions, and cars newer than 25 years old coming in should have to pass like all others. I dont think they need to be OBDII, just that they should be above the levels mandated.

Now all of the crash safety and DOT stuff makes no sense to me. If I want to buy a vehicle that has been deemed unsafe by the US government, than I should be able to do that. I am taking a chance on my life alone. These laws were only made because of the grey market importing that happened in the 1980's and 1990's and the dealers got mad and lobbied congress saying they were losing sales. So now its almost impossible to import any car not older than 25 years, even if it can pass EPA standards for that time period no problem.
EPA law is 21 years, DOT compliance is 25. EPA becomes irrelevant earlier, for whatever reason.

Another trick is that the law governing the vehicle is based on when it entered the country. This is how the Motorex Skylines were grandfathered -- people often read about importation and somehow assume that the existing cars have become illegal, but if they were bond released back in the day, that paperwork is valid now. This also means that an illegally imported R32 today would stay illegal even after it's 25 years old, unless you sent it out and imported it again, and then you'd even risk being a test case.

You're right, it's just BS and seems more politically motivated than rooted in logic.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:01 AM
needforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to beholdneedforspeed502 is a splendid one to behold
Yah I actually know that the EPA law states 21 years, but I'm not sure they actually follow that. For instance in almost all states, a car over 25 years old, not 21, that is in the States already does not have to do EPA testing. Why would the import law be 21 but for cars sold and already in the States its 25?

Yep all Motorex cars are the only Skylines actually 100% completely legal. When all that crap hit the fan the government agency just let all the ones on the ground through legally so the people weren't screwed out of their car and money. The freaking owner had a good thing going but let the drugs and money go to his head and stopped doing to the cars what he was supposed to do.

Agreed, lots of BS. It is completely political, like most everything.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 AM
Yes, for sure.

This is a US based Motorex R34. Funny, the most expensive part on it in the bond release in the glove box.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:40 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Is it yours?
If so, more pics, please!

Originally Posted by danox574
Yes, for sure.

This is a US based Motorex R34. Funny, the most expensive part on it in the bond release in the glove box.

Old 05-08-2011, 04:32 PM
TheCPE is infamous around these parts
The government knows what is best for us...

Old 05-09-2011, 07:14 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TheCPE
The government knows what is best for us...
I seem to remember someone named Hitler said the same thing...

Old 05-09-2011, 07:24 AM
TheCPE is infamous around these parts
I was being sarcastic!

The government is full of idiots!

Old 05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Tachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to beholdTachsman is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, but I knew that you were being sarcastic. Unfortunately, my comment was directed to 51% of voters in the United States who have been educated to believe your statement to be true. Just look around you, the stupidity is everywhere and on every channel. I would hazard a guess that of those 51%, 90% would love to have a Supercar, but because they can not afford one, then perhaps no one else should have one either. Everyone is right here, its all political, and that is the scary part to me. Lessons from history seem always to be forgotten first.

Old 05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
got_hp? has a spectacular aura aboutgot_hp? has a spectacular aura about
utterly ridiculous waste of our tax dollars...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: r34 skylines impounded