Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Question about buying a "higer" mileage GTR?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 AM
HPFMTRE is infamous around these partsHPFMTRE is infamous around these parts
Question Question about buying a "higer" mileage GTR?

Hey guys im in the market for a pre-owned GTR. There is a local dealership that is asking 59k for an 09 GTR with 29k miles on it. Is that a good price? The car appears to be in good condition. Also should i even play around with a higher mileage car or is that not considered "High mileage"? I do plan on doing some bigger power upgrades to it also. Any feed back will be appreciated. Thanks.

-Robert

Old 05-02-2011, 08:34 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
For big power you will have to build the engine, stock uses cast pistons and rods.
This being the case milage will not come into play, since rebuild will zero out the milage.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
$59k is a good deal.

Mine has 23,000 and I drive mine to work everyday (along with some business trips, and track weekends). If they are highway miles, they don't really count anyway, right?

If you want one, this appears to be a good deal. If you want to upgrade to about 580whp (around 650-700bhp depending on dyno), you don't have to rebuild anything. Just an exhaust, downpipes, injectors, intake, and retune, (minor bolt-ons).

Old 05-03-2011, 02:42 AM
EVILNESS is infamous around these partsEVILNESS is infamous around these parts
How about something with 41k miles? Sorry dont mean to highjack

Old 05-03-2011, 07:16 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVILNESS
How about something with 41k miles? Sorry dont mean to highjack
i think 41k is way too high for that price..

seems better
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....st=20&start=20

Old 05-03-2011, 08:07 PM
EVILNESS is infamous around these partsEVILNESS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
i think 41k is way too high for that price..

seems better
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....st=20&start=20
vegas the one with 41k miles is for $52k... I believe u had a z06 before correct? How do you like the transaction to u miss the z? feel free to pm me as i was planning on making a similar move.

R.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:11 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EVILNESS
vegas the one with 41k miles is for $52k... I believe u had a z06 before correct? How do you like the transaction to u miss the z? feel free to pm me as i was planning on making a similar move.

R.
Yes i came from a C6Z S/C 678whp on stock block ..
If you are going to go the same route as me i.e turbo upgrades or at the very least custom tune , then the GTR is HAnds down the car for you!

I have never looked back! the GTR is the best car i have ever owned..

with 800whp the car runs 9's on stock 20's rims amazing handling and just a fun all around car.. you wont be disappointed! ( unless you keep it stock)

when you get one , hit me up and ill tell you the best bang for the buck way...

Old 05-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
anybody running around with 30k + on a GTR without issues?

Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I know of a couple...

Mine has 24,000, and still no issues. Not quite 30,000, but it is pretty good mileage without issues, driven daily with occasional track use.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:10 PM
billy3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HPFMTRE
Hey guys im in the market for a pre-owned GTR.
Make sure you do the following

1) car fax
2) have the data on the consult port / black box down loaded to know if the car has been Launched controlled and have the service tec at the dealer provide you with all of the proper info before taking the jump.

There is a local dealership that is asking 59k for an 09 GTR with 29k miles on it. Is that a good price?
Kelly blue book it or do a search with the NADA info on it and be very critical on the car as far as condition goes this will give you just about an accurate price (offer 10% less then that price on the car in the lowest condition grade given to you), check the trade in value and offer them 10% over the trade in value at the dealer.

once you get all of that sorted and make the offer make sure have the car put on on a lift at that dealer and have it lifted and have a look under the car.

Also note the scuffs or rubs on the int trim and the driver side seat.

Just make sure you read up on the warranty or whats left of it and make sure you get some services thrown in with the sale of the car should you buy it from that dealer.

One very big trick on these cars to see if its been properly maintained or not abused, you should see zero oil in the inter coolers, yes oil does manage to get up into them and if there is none in there the car is and has been well taken care of.

every other oil change its very important to have the oil cooler removed and completely drained out and cleaned in and out.

The car appears to be in good condition. Also should i even play around with a higher mileage car or is that not considered "High mileage"?
it really comes down to the car and price your looking at, cars to avoid would be salvaged titled ones, but if you get a car with high milage meaning 50-70k which I have yet to see, just really got to know the seller and have the car inspected at the dealer before any sort of price is talked about.

its really important to ask questions and do as much of your own homework as possible.

I do plan on doing some bigger power upgrades to it also. Any feed back will be appreciated. Thanks.
if you are going this route get a spare motor and trans axle and have things built before doing anything.

good luck.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Lennon31987
anybody running around with 30k + on a GTR without issues?
lots of people .

Old 05-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by billy3
if you are going this route get a spare motor and trans axle and have things built before doing anything.
A little extreme, no?

The motors can hold quite a bit of power, after that, just swap out the internals...

Same with the trans. Just get an upgraded clutch, 1st gear, clutch baskets, etc...

Old 05-17-2011, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
A little extreme, no?

The motors can hold quite a bit of power, after that, just swap out the internals...

Same with the trans. Just get an upgraded clutch, 1st gear, clutch baskets, etc...
much rather have a spare in any case this way you can avoid the GTR TAX with buying on impulse.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by billy3
much rather have a spare in any case this way you can avoid the GTR TAX with buying on impulse.
Sure, no doubt. One could also say that you should just get a spare car, too.