Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Dealer issue with test driving used GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by donho
...I walk in dealers with shorts and a tshirt, just to see if anyone helps me. If they are not helpful or rude in anyway, I am gone...
Hahaha!!! Nice.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 AM
travanx is infamous around these parts
For some reason a dealer has to run your credit when paying in cash. No clue why still. As the last time my friend was buying his car, I had asked so if he brought a suitcase of cash in here, you would still run his credit? And they said yes.

These stories remind me when I was looking at getting a Neon SRT when they first came out, was going to be my first car out of college. The dealer said we can't let people test these, you need a race track. I have never walked out of a dealership so fast. For some reason the American car dealers around this area are super rude to people who look younger.

I can understand the new GT-R and not letting people test them. I know my old boss was trying to test some cars in the $300k range and was told in order to do so, you need to put over $20k down or something strange like that. Seems weird to put money down on a car if you aren't sure about buying the thing.

I still think Porsche has the best service, as they prefer to take you up in the mountain at one of the local dealers. =)

Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by travanx
I still think Porsche has the best service, as they prefer to take you up in the mountain at one of the local dealers. =)
I'd stick with that place... It is definitely dealer independent.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Hahaha!!! Nice.
When I read this, it reminds me of the time I flew first class from L.A to Hong Kong in plain white Hanes T-shirt and shorts with flip flop. When I walked in the lounge area dedicated to business and first class guests, the attendants gave the look as if they "want to check my pass but reluctant to in case I make an *** out of them." You should see the look on those faces in the cabin. Very funny.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Many of you talk like being young is a bad thing, just remember we are ALL young at one point and will all die old one day. Nothing will ever change that no matter how much you make or think you are worthy....

Just look at it from both sides of the coin! In my younger days I wish I was older to do certain things and now that I'm older and have a family ~ I admit I miss my younger carefree days.

Dealers are trying to protect their own assets and if I ever was a sales guy I would not put my life in some idiot's hands (with or without money) as no sale is worth that

Let me share a story from a few years ago - I walked into a Lamborghini dealer with my girl and we were just "looking" at cars, with no intention to buy. The GM's son walked over and we talked cars for a while. After about 30 min. of chit chat he asked if I wanted to drive the car. He offered to pull out his 08 Gallardo E-gear at the time with 13 miles on it. First part of the test drive he drove and at the half-way point he let me drive back on some really curvy roads. When we got back to the dealer he asked if my girl wanted a ride and she said yes. I expected him to take her for a short drive but instead he told me to drive! He earned a loyal customer that day and although I did not buy a car I sent plenty of friends who bought.

So moral of the story I guess is GTR's are rare cars but if you present yourself in a professional manner I don't see why you can't test drive one. But not all dealers are the same of course and different geographic areas might have different opinions.