Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Cramming CORN in a 2012 @ TopSpeed Motorsports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
TopSpeed Motorsports makes 600hp with the 2012 GT-R

2012 R35 GT-R E85 | 93 Octane tuning results @ TopSpeed Motorsports!

Hey guys, I just wanted to drop in and share our results from today. Please enjoy

As most of you have seen from NAGTROC, "mikewads"; has completed his goal of dipping into the 10’s with an HKS LegaMax exhaust and HKS resonated midpipe installed. At the strip, the car ran a 10.98 @ 123mph which was very respectable, however like any enthusiust...we all want MORE!

After consulting with him several times about his goals we set a plan of action and shipped him some go fast goodies! Mike has worked on his own cars for years, and wasn't about to change that now, so all of the installs were done by him in his garage with us for phone support when he needed it. This is the first step toward our goals for the car and we were very excited to see how the 2012 responded to some nice cool corn running through her veins! We were very pleased with the results.

Mod List:
-HKS LegaMax exhaust
-HKS resonated midpipe
-AMS catless downpipes
-Aeromotive 340 fuel pumps
-AMS front mount intercooler
-Cobb Accessport w/ TCM
-AMS MAF sensors
-ID2000 fuel injectors
-TopSpeed E85 tune

93oct Results @ 18.5 PSI

E85 Results @ 21.0 PSI

We were very pleased with the results and Mike is happy with the car.
“I couldn’t hold my head up when Doug punched it”- Mike

~Cicio

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds

Last edited by Cicio@TSM; 06-30-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:37 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Pretty sick, and it doesn't get more legit than an in ground AWD dyno. Out of curiosity, why the ID2000's? I have ID1000's on mine and at 18psi on E85 they are at 73% duty cycle. Room for more I guess?

Benefit to the upgraded FMIC on the factory turbos? Were you seeing a significant pressure drop with the factory piece? That seems to be the only difference in my setup vs. that one (and the 2012 larger intake pipes).

Major props, got to be a fun car!

Old 07-01-2011, 10:33 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
good job guys... but aren't you worried running 21psi on stock turbos? I thought they were out of their efficiency ..how much boost are you seeing @ redline?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
Cicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant futureCicio@TSM has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 'Trust'
Pretty sick, and it doesn't get more legit than an in ground AWD dyno. Out of curiosity, why the ID2000's? I have ID1000's on mine and at 18psi on E85 they are at 73% duty cycle. Room for more I guess?

Benefit to the upgraded FMIC on the factory turbos? Were you seeing a significant pressure drop with the factory piece? That seems to be the only difference in my setup vs. that one (and the 2012 larger intake pipes).

Major props, got to be a fun car!

Good questions Trust.

We went with the ID2000CC injectors because the customer is planning a turbo upgrade in the very short future. The 1000s wouldn't be enough for his final goal and we didn't want to make him redo things.

The pressure drop is for sure less on the aftermarket FMIC. I don't thing (especially on E) that the benefits are outstanding or anything with the stock turbos, but it does help, especially in this south GA heat. Again we were also looking toward the future.

Originally Posted by vegasGTR
good job guys... but aren't you worried running 21psi on stock turbos? I thought they were out of their efficiency ..how much boost are you seeing @ redline?
Thanks Vegas

21psi is on the edge of their efficiency, but on E85 you are working with cooler EGTs which allows you to run more boost safer. They make about 15psi at redline which is common if you aren't running actuators.

hope this helps.

~Cicio

-FASTEST 991 Turbo in the WORLD: 201.97 MPH
-HIGHEST HP 991 in the WORLD: 1287whp
-991 Turbo S Build Thread
-COBB ProTuner
-Syvecs Dealer / Tuner
-Complete in House Builds
Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 PM
'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light'Trust' is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cicio@TopSpeed
Good questions Trust.

We went with the ID2000CC injectors because the customer is planning a turbo upgrade in the very short future. The 1000s wouldn't be enough for his final goal and we didn't want to make him redo things.

The pressure drop is for sure less on the aftermarket FMIC. I don't thing (especially on E) that the benefits are outstanding or anything with the stock turbos, but it does help, especially in this south GA heat. Again we were also looking toward the future.

Thanks Vegas

21psi is on the edge of their efficiency, but on E85 you are working with cooler EGTs which allows you to run more boost safer. They make about 15psi at redline which is common if you aren't running actuators.

hope this helps.

~Cicio
Makes sense. I'll be going down the same route soon (turbo kit/trans build), I can't leave a car alone. On my tweaked E85 tune mine peaks right at 20psi, then tapers to 15psi like that car does, nice to see on the graph that it isn't falling off on power up top. Nice work.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:40 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
nice numbers on e85 and a great curve! interesting to see what it runs at the track in its current form now...

Old 07-12-2011, 05:38 PM
MikeWads is infamous around these parts
Wanted to post a couple of videos of the car. I can't wait to take it down the 1/4 mile. I would like to wait until it cools down some (October), but I will probably go before then.

[youtube]7iw1Wc9wZo4[/youtube]

[youtube]iOBaPChB_kc[/youtube]

Last edited by MikeWads; 07-12-2011 at 05:47 PM.