Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Alpha 12 GTR vs UGR TT Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 09:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Fair enough. I did not spend the time to choose my words more carefully. I wasn't trying to start anything... Just seeking an understanding. I guess I was asking for a counter to drag racing at a drag strip (someone to give a logical reason for why it is better to roll race than to run at the drag strip (legally and more safely).

And yes, I've driven many high HP RWD cars. I was trying to avoid the whole - drag racing is just as hard as road racing - discussion.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:55 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Jasper, one quick question for you:

Have you ever engaged in a roll race against another car on a "Mexican" highway?

If not ever, that's cool, I certainly will cast no aspersions your way.

Old 08-13-2011, 09:58 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Fair enough. I did not spend the time to choose my words more carefully. I wasn't trying to start anything... Just seeking an understanding. I guess I was asking for a counter to drag racing at a drag strip (someone to give a logical reason for why it is better to roll race than to run at the drag strip (legally and more safely).

And yes, I've driven many high HP RWD cars. I was trying to avoid the whole - drag racing is just as hard as road racing - discussion.

I'm really with you on this, and I give you credit for having driven rwd cars at the strip, so I retract any implications that may have been inferred from my post.

I wish I had more time to try to gain the skill necessary at the drags,but I just can't make it to the track on even a semi-regular basis.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:10 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vrybad
Jasper, one quick question for you:

Have you ever engaged in a roll race against another car on a "Mexican" highway?

If not ever, that's cool, I certainly will cast no aspersions your way.
No. Sure, I've had some spirited runs, but never against anybody on the street.

Please don't consider this an attack on those who choose to do this. That was not my intention at all.

Old 08-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
No. Sure, I've had some spirited runs, but never against anybody on the street.

Please don't consider this an attack on those who choose to do this. That was not my intention at all.

No, I understand your position.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:56 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj350
+1 I will put money on VegasGtr ........... His car is crazy quick

That will be the quickest money you ever lost..

If you think my 147mph car can beat a 1550whp lambo that traps 170ish.. you are delusional .lol

I would get killed by a few parking lots..

Old 08-13-2011, 01:16 PM
cj350 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
That will be the quickest money you ever lost..

If you think my 147mph car can beat a 1550whp lambo that traps 170ish.. you are delusional .lol

I would get killed by a few parking lots..
Lol I know that I was just joking. Lol. I follow ur drag racing posts on nagtroc.

Old 08-13-2011, 03:28 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cj350
Lol I know that I was just joking. Lol. I follow ur drag racing posts on nagtroc.

got it

Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 AM
YOKED GTS is infamous around these parts
Not necessarily.

I raced a 90+mm Supra(race gas/around 700whp) from 70mph a while back
, and I would venture a guess he had a few more $$ into his car than I had in mine, and I stomped him hard because at that speed, my car in 4th gear/3000rpm was poised atop 500wtq.

He only started to catch me at about 140mph, but it was already over at that point and he was still 2-3 cars back.
Way too much conflicting information in that statement. Either you have the specs grossly wrong and/or you are talking out out of your a$$.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by YOKED GTS
Way too much conflicting information in that statement. Either you have the specs grossly wrong and/or you are talking out out of your a$$.
You must be a Supra sack rider.
Well, since you were not there, and didn't speak to the guy I raced, and haven't any direct knowledge, it is you who speaks from his rectum.

FWIW, the Supra driver was plenty impressed!
Eye witnesses would agree!

Old 08-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Bpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really nice
Well, since you were not there, and didn't speak to the guy I raced, and haven't any direct knowledge, it is you who speaks from his rectum.

It sounds a bit strange so I can see why he reacted. As a reference I did 6.0 sec 62-124mph (100-200km/h) with my old 67mm supra at 627 rwhp (pump gas). 700whp on a 90+mm supra sound very little imo... I'm not taking anyting from your win, your Vette is probably mighty fast.

would love to see the Alpa 12 (or Switzer) roll against the UGR TT, can't wait!

Old 08-14-2011, 12:28 PM
YOKED GTS is infamous around these parts

Actually, my ignorant misled domestic brethren, I appreciate a variety of platforms...even your POS ZO6 that you sold.

Vrysad, you again have confirmed your latest practices of talking out of your a$$. Hey, lil buddy listen, I understand you felt so compelled to share your highway battle with a presumed 90mm+ supra and "stomped him hard." I guess you are very proud of that accomplishment in life since you posted it however,you speak of knowledge and possess none. Hypocrisy at its finest.

If you had any knowledge friend, you wouldn't have posted that BS. Just admit to us here that you don't know what the ***** you are talking about.

Vrysad, you are giving domestic owners a vrybad name by your continued diarrhea typing of false claim bull$hit.

Stay frosty vrysad...stay frosty.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bpuad
It sounds a bit strange so I can see why he reacted. As a reference I did 6.0 sec 62-124mph (100-200km/h) with my old 67mm supra at 627 rwhp (pump gas). 700whp on a 90+mm supra sound very little imo... I'm not taking anyting from your win, your Vette is probably mighty fast.

would love to see the Alpa 12 (or Switzer) roll against the UGR TT, can't wait!

I hear your point.
However, when you have a question about something, do you attack the poster and tell him he is full of $h!t, or do you ask to clarify without being incendiary, as you did?

A 100-200kmh time of 6.0 equates to about a 7.0 60-130, based on previous times analyzed by Divexxtreme, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for me to pull on a big turbo Supra from a roll, depending on the circumstances.

I am certain he would have gotten past me above 150 or so, but I had no intention of going there.

It was a friendly race, and he and two other Supra owners who witnessed the race, one of whom was in my car at the time, were all pretty darn impressed.

My vette was not the fastest car, by any stretch, but it pulled pretty hard.

I put about a bus length on him at the hit.
I think he figured it would be an easy win for him.

He was obviously not making all a 90mm Supra can make at the time we raced, but it is what it is.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track!

Old 08-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Mdeniz has a spectacular aura aboutMdeniz has a spectacular aura about
I hear your point.
However, when you have a question about something, do you attack the poster and tell him he is full of $h!t, or do you ask to clarify without being incendiary, as you did?

A 100-200kmh time of 6.0 equates to about a 7.0 60-130, based on previous times analyzed by Divexxtreme, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility for me to pull on a big turbo Supra from a roll, depending on the circumstances.

I am certain he would have gotten past me above 150 or so, but I had no intention of going there.

It was a friendly race, and he and two other Supra owners who witnessed the race, one of whom was in my car at the time, were all pretty darn impressed.

My vette was not the fastest car, by any stretch, but it pulled pretty hard.

I put about a bus length on him at the hit.
I think he figured it would be an easy win for him.

He was obviously not making all a 90mm Supra can make at the time we raced, but it is what it is.

Anyway, let's get this thread back on track!
Your story has more holes than a wheel of swiss cheese, so i'm just going to say you are either a liar or you got lied, you didn't race a 90mm+ supra because a 90mm+ supra is 170++mph car in the 1/4 mile and for as long as i have been in the supra community i can't think of one single street car that runs something that big, because with out nitrous on a roll it would probably get beat by a vespa....and if it had nitrous and a 90MM+ it went by you so fast you didn't realize it.

Last edited by Mdeniz; 08-15-2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by Mdeniz
blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah...

Junior high is almost back in session for you, but in the meantime here is a link for you:

www.rif.org

Then again, at least you are getting your post count up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.