Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Alpha 12 GTR vs UGR TT Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 03:39 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I've got to ask - what the hell is up with roll racing?

What happened to good ol' fashioned drag racing?
Nothing...I already have a drag car. I bought and spec'd this car for highway racing. Not sure what your point is?

Old 08-15-2011, 03:41 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
I've seen Jamie on a road course. I volunteer to drive for him.
****....PCA would have smiled at the clinic I was putting on with than PanTT....well before it puked out all its coolant.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Nothing...I already have a drag car. I bought and spec'd this car for highway racing. Not sure what your point is?
I had no point. It was just a question. Please, do not take offense. I'm really at a loss trying to understand it (as opposed to other venues that offer racing - legally and safer (nothing 100% safe, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at).

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
****....PCA would have smiled at the clinic I was putting on with than PanTT....well before it puked out all its coolant.
I don't think they'll being using any of your video for the promo.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:05 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by YOKED GTS
Actually, my ignorant misled domestic brethren, I appreciate a variety of platforms...even your POS ZO6 that you sold.

Vrysad, you again have confirmed your latest practices of talking out of your a$$. Hey, lil buddy listen, I understand you felt so compelled to share your highway battle with a presumed 90mm+ supra and "stomped him hard." I guess you are very proud of that accomplishment in life since you posted it however,you speak of knowledge and possess none. Hypocrisy at its finest.

If you had any knowledge friend, you wouldn't have posted that BS. Just admit to us here that you don't know what the ***** you are talking about.

Vrysad, you are giving domestic owners a vrybad name by your continued diarrhea typing of false claim bull$hit.

Stay frosty vrysad...stay frosty.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:04 AM
Kentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud ofKentusha77rus has much to be proud of
And my SL was built to be a Mile car......
A friend of mine also saw all that videos and great pictures of UGR cars, so he bought 08 SL and send it to UGR, invested $200k+, he asked for a fast car for Moscow Unlim 500+, where time is the main thing…….

And this is what he’s got

Time, sec Speed km/h

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 ARS 23,911 341,2

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer R911 24,893 334,7

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer/Protomotive 25,392 328,2

Bugatti Veyron 26,122 324,9

Nissan GT-R R35 M.k. 1 Switzer R850 26,124 315,5

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Switzer P800 26,127 313,0

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,141 314,4

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,143 317,5

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 26,154 311,7

Nissan GT-R R35 Mk. 1 Switzer R850 26,163 316,1

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,226 313,5

Porsche 911 GT2 (997) 9ff 26,418 349,4

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 26,584 284,1

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer P750 26,605 309,5

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera TwinTurbo UGR 26,801 342,7

They forgot to mention, that you need a 6sp car for a good launch…. And that’s all for $350k+ total.

This cars is good for making videos and photos but for racing (drag-track) 911 or GT-R is better.

Last edited by Kentusha77rus; 08-16-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Paizatron is infamous around these parts
never understood why the gallardo could never get that nice launch when it too is AWD like all the cars on that list?? ^^^

Old 08-17-2011, 05:58 AM
mrslay is infamous around these partsmrslay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kentusha77rus

This cars is good for making videos and photos but for racing (drag-track) 911 or GT-R is better.
Its pretty easy to say that a 1500whp+ GTT should easily outperform any GTR/911 that performed in the event once you take the newest 60-130 data into consideration. I think that if the car was equipped with a manual transmission, instead of the not "launch friendly" e-gear, things would have turned out very differently.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:09 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mrslay
Its pretty easy to say that a 1500whp+ GTT should easily outperform any GTR/911 that performed in the event once you take the newest 60-130 data into consideration. I think that if the car was equipped with a manual transmission, instead of the not "launch friendly" e-gear, things would have turned out very differently.
But now with manuals, we have to deal the majority of people who don't know how to shift gears, or launch properly.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:14 AM
1a1
1a1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vrybad
Not necessarily.

I raced a 90+mm Supra(race gas/around 700whp) from 70mph a while back, and I would venture a guess he had a few more $$ into his car than I had in mine, and I stomped him hard because at that speed, my car in 4th gear/3000rpm was poised atop 500wtq.

He only started to catch me at about 140mph, but it was already over at that point and he was still 2-3 cars back.

I strongly agree with Riceater, to quote:
"It's not like they're trying to measure who the better driver is... just a friendly match to see which car accelerates quicker."
I think the guy you raced was BS'ing you on his set up. A 90MM Supra probably couldn't make 700whp because the wastegate wouldn't allow them to run a boost pressure low enough to achieve 700whp. If someone is running a 90mm turbo the least amount of power they could make would probably be in the 800whp range, if that. Also if someone spends the type of $$$ it takes to do a 90mm build, chances are the car will be making in excess of 1000whp on E85 or racefuel. There is no reason to waste that power potential on pump gas.

I do believe your car may have beat a 700whp Supra if the driver doesn't know how to brake boost as you would get quite the jump on him as he waits for the turbo to spool. @ 70mph and properly brake boosted, a 700whp Supra should be making about 600 Wh/trq in 3rd gear. Without brake boosting you would jump out 3-4 lengths and continue out in front until the Supra got into the top of 4th gear into 5th gear, which it sounds like happened.

Chances are the guy had a smaller turbo like a 67-71mm. I have a similar set up (700whp on high boost) and if I am not in the right gear or if I don't brake boost the car, a large displacement motor'd car (Vette, Viper, 03 Cobra, etc). that makes less power can get quite the jump on me. That is one of the bad parts of owning a car that is a engine assisted turbo car with 3.0 liters of displacement, you really have to know how to drive it from a roll.

Steve

Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
vrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant futurevrybad has a brilliant future
First, I'd like to say it is nice to hear from someone who can approach this discussion in a mature manner.

And you are the only respondent who was able to figure this out!

We were on a cruise through the White Mountains when this went down, and previously had been parked where we had a chance to look some of the cars over, including his.

I agree that he was out of his efficiency range, and as I had mentioned, it was a friendly run, he was not brake boosting and not spraying, so I believe that was the reason I was able to take him.

I'm certain he was not prepared for my car to pull so hard, or he would have brake boosted on me.

(After the run, we parked and he pointed at my car and said "that thing is fast!")

I believe he had dynoed QUITE a bit higher, but to the best of my knowledge he was running a mix of race and pump, so he was well away from his best configuration.

I have also run my good friend in his T67 auto Supra(you may know him-"ttbomb") on race gas/25psi, and we were dead even from 50-135 without him brake boosting.

Again, I simply mentioned the run to say that big dollars don't always determine who will win a race like this.
Preparation and not underestimating can help.

Thanks for the comment!

Originally Posted by 1a1
I think the guy you raced was BS'ing you on his set up. A 90MM Supra probably couldn't make 700whp because the wastegate wouldn't allow them to run a boost pressure low enough to achieve 700whp. If someone is running a 90mm turbo the least amount of power they could make would probably be in the 800whp range, if that. Also if someone spends the type of $$$ it takes to do a 90mm build, chances are the car will be making in excess of 1000whp on E85 or racefuel. There is no reason to waste that power potential on pump gas.

I do believe your car may have beat a 700whp Supra if the driver doesn't know how to brake boost as you would get quite the jump on him as he waits for the turbo to spool. @ 70mph and properly brake boosted, a 700whp Supra should be making about 600 Wh/trq in 3rd gear. Without brake boosting you would jump out 3-4 lengths and continue out in front until the Supra got into the top of 4th gear into 5th gear, which it sounds like happened.

Chances are the guy had a smaller turbo like a 67-71mm. I have a similar set up (700whp on high boost) and if I am not in the right gear or if I don't brake boost the car, a large displacement motor'd car (Vette, Viper, 03 Cobra, etc). that makes less power can get quite the jump on me. That is one of the bad parts of owning a car that is a engine assisted turbo car with 3.0 liters of displacement, you really have to know how to drive it from a roll.

Steve

Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Z Racer Shin is infamous around these parts
Not to bring up an old topic or anything, but since I can't PM, I just want to say I admire everyone's will to actually get their sports cars out there and race.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Greg_Elite is infamous around these parts
Does anybody know how much the Alpha 12 package from AMS costs? With labor of course.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
An ALPHA 12 installed on a totally stock car is about $98,000 turn key out the door.

Eric

Old 12-24-2011, 10:19 PM
ASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the roughASHRAF is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by AMS
An ALPHA 12 installed on a totally stock car is about $98,000 turn key out the door.

Eric
while I am a huge fan of AMS, and would love to have that package on my GTR one day (when more research and development has been done), and knowing that the whlole package is pretty competitive (~190k total with the car), I can't seem to figure out why the kit would cost that much

not dissing AMS, but I would love to see a breakdown of the estimate, just to know where my money would be going

Having said that, I have dealt with AMS before, and got nothing but the best quality parts and customer service

-AJ

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.