Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Alpha 12 GTR vs UGR TT Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:06 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ASHRAF
while I am a huge fan of AMS, and would love to have that package on my GTR one day (when more research and development has been done), and knowing that the whlole package is pretty competitive (~190k total with the car), I can't seem to figure out why the kit would cost that much

not dissing AMS, but I would love to see a breakdown of the estimate, just to know where my money would be going

Having said that, I have dealt with AMS before, and got nothing but the best quality parts and customer service

-AJ
Keep in mind that is a turn key crate engine build, transmission build ALPHA 12 Turbo kit and all components needed to safely run it and all labor. If you would like I can email you a detailed estimate. The transmission alone is $25K and we source that directly from Sheptrans.com

Eric

Old 01-04-2012, 12:24 AM
PoloTurbo is infamous around these parts
Are you kidding? A highly modified evo8 killing 99% of the field?

Sorry guy's just noticed that.

Originally Posted by Kentusha77rus
A friend of mine also saw all that videos and great pictures of UGR cars, so he bought 08 SL and send it to UGR, invested $200k+, he asked for a fast car for Moscow Unlim 500+, where time is the main thing…….

And this is what he’s got

[

COLOR=#000000] Time, sec Speed km/h[/COLOR]

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8 ARS 23,911 341,2

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer R911 24,893 334,7

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer/Protomotive 25,392 328,2

Bugatti Veyron 26,122 324,9

Nissan GT-R R35 M.k. 1 Switzer R850 26,124 315,5

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Switzer P800 26,127 313,0

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,141 314,4

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,143 317,5

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 26,154 311,7

Nissan GT-R R35 Mk. 1 Switzer R850 26,163 316,1

Nissan GT-R R35 Switzer R850 26,226 313,5

Porsche 911 GT2 (997) 9ff 26,418 349,4

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9 26,584 284,1

Porsche 911 Turbo (997) Mk.1 Switzer P750 26,605 309,5

Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera TwinTurbo UGR 26,801 342,7

They forgot to mention, that you need a 6sp car for a good launch…. And that’s all for $350k+ total.

This cars is good for making videos and photos but for racing (drag-track) 911 or GT-R is better.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Scott, I'm assuming he referring to the AMS GTR. Other than shooting short promotional videos, that car has zero street miles....nor will their other 'street' alpha 12 R&D car.

I put 200 miles on the Lambo last night alone....
I know, old thread....but I can't resist pulling this up. I was researching a possible future GT-R buy (about a year down the road) and was giving AMS a close look (and of course Switzer).

I love how Vegas calls out Jamie to a dig race in a car that was purpose built for highway roll ons. When Jamie offers to run in his purpose built Supra, of course Vegas sings another tune.

AMS doesn't want to "risk their shop" on a street race while Switzer and UR have no problem doing so. Don't get me wrong, I think AMS does some great work, but I would think there would be at least one customer who would want to run their 12 package at say the Tx2K event night meets.

Sean, AKA Jamie's best friend.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 04-28-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
AMS doesn't want to "risk their shop" on a street race while Switzer and UR have no problem doing so. Don't get me wrong, I think AMS does some great work, but I would think there would be at least one customer who would want to run their 12 package at say the Tx2K event night meets.
AMS ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever by a GTR at TX2K, and then the next week set the standing mile record for a GTR...do you really think they give a flying fart about some BS roll-on street races?

And they will be running tomorrow in Dallas vs UGR etc etc so we'll see how they stack up there.....

Old 04-28-2012, 07:30 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
AMS ran the fastest 1/4 mile ever by a GTR at TX2K, and then the next week set the standing mile record for a GTR...do you really think they give a flying fart about some BS roll-on street races?

And they will be running tomorrow in Dallas vs UGR etc etc so we'll see how they stack up there.....
Apparently, reading comprehension is not your strong suit: Anyone can purpose build a 1/4 mile or standing mile car (look at Jamies Supra). It is a whole other matter to build a STREET CAR that excels at those events.

What about this important distinction can you not understand?

Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Apparently, reading comprehension is not your strong suit: Anyone can purpose build a 1/4 mile or standing mile car (look at Jamies Supra). It is a whole other matter to build a STREET CAR that excels at those events.

What about this important distinction can you not understand?
Apparently, you need to do a little research on the AMS car, it's a street car just as much as any UGR car...it's not some "purpose built 1/4 or standing mile car".

You whined about AMS not street racing their car, they're doing what amounts to a roll-on street racing event tomorrow...what else do you want from them?

Old 04-28-2012, 09:45 PM
I am not whining....in fact, I might go w/ an AMS car down the road, although I am leaning towards Switzer.

But as I mentioned, lots of people trailer cars to events, no full seating, no air conditioning etc., and that is not a true street car. With all the cars AMS have done, all I am asking is that one run against other street cars like the UR Lambos and Switzer GT-Rs (both of which have many fast cars on the street).

Old 04-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
The roll-race happened a few hours ago in Dallas. Jamie beat AMS' Omega by 2-3 lengths. Both cars were in the 1550ish whp range.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The roll-race happened a few hours ago in Dallas. Jamie beat AMS' Omega by 2-3 lengths. Both cars were in the 1550ish whp range.
Scott,

What is the breakdown on Jamies' car, as it is not in his sig.

Is it an R1KX?

Old 04-29-2012, 11:53 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Scott,

What is the breakdown on Jamies' car, as it is not in his sig.

Is it an R1KX?
Jamie has UG lambo

here is the link to the topic:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....-vs-ams-omega/

Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
scott is there any video of this run ? i was hoping the gtr would of been a bit closer...

Old 04-29-2012, 12:27 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
There will be video. Sounds like AMS may have started the race a little bit behind, simply due to the way the runs are setup (neither Jamie's or AMS' fault). So, even though the GT-R lost, the cars are very, very close.

They may do another one run later today.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 PM
GT-R EC is infamous around these parts
According to the report from AMS over at the Nagtroc forum the cars were pretty much neck and neck.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Jamie has UG lambo

here is the link to the topic:
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....-vs-ams-omega/
Ah, I see. Well, very formidable car, especially up top. No shame in losing by a couple of lengths to a $300K set up.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:29 PM
GT-R EC is infamous around these parts
Ah, I see. Well, very formidable car, especially up top. No shame in losing by a couple of lengths to a $300K set up.
Definitely. i never expected such a close race race, i thought UGR would have won quite comfortably. This proves that AMS has what it takes to hang with the best, horsepower to horsepower the two cars are similar despite the weight advantage for the Lambo. Perhaps the GTR makes up for it with a faster shifting gearbox.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.