Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Alpha 12 GTR vs UGR TT Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 AM
cenkstrem is infamous around these parts
Alpha 12 GTR vs UGR TT Gallardo

Hi...I don't know where i open this thread.İf wrong place I am sorry.What would you take ? Or which is better ? Give more performance,driving pleasure,latest technology.Alpha 12 GTR R35 is 4 seat,with more technology, AWD, 1300 WHP 1/4 mile 8.975 at 169.49mph.60-130 is 3.34 second.Or Underground racing Twin Turbo Gallardo.Which is more drivability,which is for daily use and racing.Which is easy to drive ?Thanks for your interest.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
There are other big-power GT-R packages out there, so the question for me would be: big-power GT-R or UGR TTG?

Well, performance wise they are very close. Sure, we can argue about which one is stronger up top, or which one is faster from a dig, but the reality is that these platforms both have their strong-points and each is faster than 99.9% of all cars on the streets. Any discussion beyond that is nitpicking.

-Latest technology goes to the GT-R.
-Driving pleasure could be a toss up, depending if you want to row gears. The TTG is your only option for a manual gearbox, so that's something to keep in mind.
-Drivability and/or daily use? I'd say they are very close. Toss-up.
-Racing? I assume you mean straight-line, but what type? Drag racing goes to the GT-R. Roll-on racing 'probably' to the TTG, only because they are so strong up top.

To me, it comes down to two components: cachet and cost. You will pay more for a Stage 'R' TTG than you will a big-power (1200-1300 whp) GT-R. I'd say $210k to $310k is more than likely the range for a UGR TTG (including the car), depending on the year, type and miles of Gallardo that you start with, and what options you choose in your build package (Motec, billet gears, etc..), plus wheels/tires. What you are paying for is mostly cachet, which, if you can afford it, may definitely be worth the additional cost to you.

Conversely, a big-power GT-R with wheels & suspension will probably cost you anywhere from $160k to $190k depending on the miles and year of car that you start out with.

So, to me, which car you choose comes down to how much you can spend, how much you want to spend, and what kind of statement you want to make with your car.

Good luck.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-31-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:40 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
Great answer!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 AM
cenkstrem is infamous around these parts
Dear Divexxtreme, really thanks for answer and interesting.This answer really helped to me.You are a master. (:

Old 08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Good summary Scott. There is a solid $100k price difference between a kill mode GTR and kill mode TTG. And for a $100k, you get a faster high speed roll car...and as Scott said, an Italian brand. But for anyone who wants to regularly street race, the entry price and price to fix broken parts has the TTG beat. Both cars seem to be equally reliable for the respective hp levels.

Both cars are comfortable, quiet, and drive like stock when cruising.

The only issue I have with an e-gear TTG is not being able to race from a dig on the street or strip. 6sp TTG's technically can, but aren't as effective as GTR's. An e-gear TTG just can't launch. So most of your street races want to run from a dig, so if that's your thing, the GTR is your only (and best) choice. IMO, no 'street' car or bike will beat a Switzer built GTR from a dig on the street. Switzer is way ahead of the other shops in terms of getting the launch control down and it will remain that way until other shops figure out their own stand-alone solution.

So really the only sensible answer is to get both a UGR TTG and a SPI R1K+ GTR.

Old 08-02-2011, 02:09 PM
bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !bmoores Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
So really the only sensible answer is to get both a UGR TTG and a SPI R1K+ GTR.
I suspect foreshadowing.

Old 08-02-2011, 03:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Scott pretty much summed it all up.

I can only offer this much. I've driven a couple high HP GT-Rs (not R1K or Alpha 12, but Alpha 9-ish). I will say that the cars are as drivable as they were off the showroom floor - literally. It felt like the same car until you mash the throttle. I cannot differentiate between the drivability of the TTG and a stock Gallardo.

I know I can't offer more than was previously posted, I just wanted to stress how well the GT-R can take mods without sacrificing ANY drivability.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Underpower is infamous around these parts
great perspective scott..

Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Switzer is way ahead of the other shops in terms of getting the launch control down and it will remain that way until other shops figure out their own stand-alone solution.
Although they have mastered the ProEFI stand-alone and have a very nice and smooth Launch technique two passes 1.54 and a 1.60 is hardly "way ahead" of anyone IMO..
AMS has run 1.52 and 1.55 several times on a decent prepped track with Alpha 10+12 ....that does not mean I personally don't like the new LC-Tym..It looks to be a "smoother" launch setup and less stress on the components.. with proper prep and tire , it could dip into the 1.4s which would then make it must for big turbo cars..

I will say Cobb has a beta TCM/tune that Shep will be testing out to make boost off the line...Im waiting for the results as my car struggles off the line..

Old 08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
Although they have mastered the ProEFI stand-alone and have a very nice and smooth Launch technique two passes 1.54 and a 1.60 is hardly "way ahead" of anyone IMO..
AMS has run 1.52 and 1.55 several times on a decent prepped track with Alpha 10+12 ....that does not mean I personally don't like the new LC-Tym..It looks to be a "smoother" launch setup and less stress on the components.. with proper prep and tire , it could dip into the 1.4s which would then make it must for big turbo cars..

I will say Cobb has a beta TCM/tune that Shep will be testing out to make boost off the line...Im waiting for the results as my car struggles off the line..
Two passes? This car launched within a tenth at two different tracks with very different conditions 8 times back to back. If it ran a LC car from a dig on the street it would be game over.....

I'm sure Scott will let any of us trailer it to Chicago this weekend if you don't believe me. But let me guess....AMS would back out of that race too!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Two passes? This car launched within a tenth at two different tracks with very different conditions 8 times back to back. If it ran a LC car from a dig on the street it would be game over.....

I'm sure Scott will let any of us trailer it to Chicago this weekend if you don't believe me. But let me guess....AMS would back out of that race too!
If you could read... My comment was posted before they went to the track for the second time and ran the car 8 times...

Why don't you run this monster yourself? Since this car is faster in "your"opinion

And if you think a car that traps 6 mph higher with the same tranny would lose ? You need to put your drink down...

Last edited by vegasGTR; 08-04-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
how much more whp does the AMS car put down over the Switzer car?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by DarrinB
how much more whp does the AMS car put down over the Switzer car?
Sam, you're the resident bench racer....go ahead and tell us!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-07-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
im not even sure if it has more whp, just assuming it does because it traps higher....
seems like the switzer car puts the power down better down low though

Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 PM
Sam, you're the resident bench racer....go ahead and tell us!

Sure Mrs. Switzer , Ill tell you..

Enough to be the quickest and fastest GTR in the world

On a side note.. I am willing to bet right now on the RECORD 1k bucks

AMS alpha 12 (Tim's or Shop car) vs. YOUR UG lambo AT any NHRA drag strip.. (Both AMS and Switzer refuse to race on the street, so that is eliminated)

dont give me any excuses , YES OR NO ..

ill send the money to Scott and he can hold it..

Thats right you are getting called out !!

and before you strart talking crap that its not my car , you have been telling everyone that Tym will drive to race AMS with SCOTTS CAR..

now Jamie YES or NO ?????? 1/4 drag strip ...street car vs. street car..

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-07-2011 at 08:42 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.