Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Drag race: GT-R vs 10 other prduction cars...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:07 PM
bunnn is infamous around these parts
The fleet of cars in this video is exactly the same as their recent article, "greatest drivers car." I imagine they really did this because they had access to them for that piece. I don't really care which one is better, because they are all great cars at the end of the day. It was pretty cool to see 11 cars dragging racing.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:37 PM
MSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond reputeMSIZZLE66 has a reputation beyond repute
why does everyone have to knock the vids no matter what!! Listen there can always be this car or that car but this is what it is!! They had all these cars from that best drivers car comaro so they decide to drag race them all, whats wrong with that>!>!??

Old 09-12-2011, 11:43 PM
dkp993 is infamous around these parts
As stated above the cars were together to see what was the best "drivers car". The drag race was just because. Go to motor trends website and see all of these cars at Mazda Raceway. You'll be suprised what posts the fastest lap time (at least I was).

Old 09-12-2011, 11:59 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dkp993
As stated above the cars were together to see what was the best "drivers car". The drag race was just because. Go to motor trends website and see all of these cars at Mazda Raceway. You'll be suprised what posts the fastest lap time (at least I was).
Curious what Randy could do with a '12 GT-R around that track.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 AM
SIIK2NR is infamous around these parts
Great vid.... I was a little shocked with the ZO6.. thought it would do better.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 AM
turtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really niceturtle n hare is just really nice
IMHO, this was a stange comparo and was done for sensationalism.

the results were pretty consistent with many magazines printed 1/4 times.

They set it up like a track and field sprint race or a swimming meet and it was predictable.

I think they should have gone thouroughbred vs thoroughbred.

Not thourough bred vs quarter vs roping horse vs Morgan vs mustang

Old 09-13-2011, 03:35 AM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by SIIK2NR
Great vid.... I was a little shocked with the ZO6.. thought it would do better.
High powered RWD cars that aren't mid-engine or rear-engine are very difficult to get a good launch.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:26 AM
mikegr is infamous around these parts
This is an unfair challenge from 330 to 560 hp there is big difference in performance.
Also it would be interested to see a mile race.
The GTR performs great but i would never buy a used one especially the earlier models,regardless the price, cause of its complexity and high - cost mechanical break downs.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:39 AM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
The 2012 GTR is flat out amazing in its achievments.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:23 AM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by superbike81
High powered RWD cars that aren't mid-engine or rear-engine are very difficult to get a good launch.
Given that over 90% of muscle cars have always been front engine/rear drive I think a lot of Camaro, Mustang, Vette, numerous European and other car owners would disagree. Most dragsters are rear drive/front engine.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mikegr
This is an unfair challenge from 330 to 560 hp there is big difference in performance.
Also it would be interested to see a mile race.
The GTR performs great but i would never buy a used one especially the earlier models,regardless the price, cause of its complexity and high - cost mechanical break downs.
you would be surprised they are not all that expensive to maintain..

and the cars in stock form are pretty much bullet -proof

very reliable cars

Old 09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
they have launch control now

Old 09-13-2011, 01:21 PM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Pastorsteve
Given that over 90% of muscle cars have always been front engine/rear drive I think a lot of Camaro, Mustang, Vette, numerous European and other car owners would disagree. Most dragsters are rear drive/front engine.
So they would say it's easy to get a good launch? Even with launch control, a Corvette is still going to have problems getting off the line as quickly as a GTR unless it's on drag radials. My wife could run an 11sec 1/4 in a GTR, but it takes a very skilled driver to get the most out of a Corvette.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:45 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
So they would say it's easy to get a good launch? Even with launch control, a Corvette is still going to have problems getting off the line as quickly as a GTR unless it's on drag radials. My wife could run an 11sec 1/4 in a GTR, but it takes a very skilled driver to get the most out of a Corvette.
Wife's first ever trip was a 11.4. She never drag raced before, never lined up at a tree, and never went over 120mph in her life.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:13 PM
thirst is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Curious what Randy could do with a '12 GT-R around that track.
i am pretty sure that they had the '12 GTR as it had 530hps no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Drag race: GT-R vs 10 other prduction cars...