Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

carbon fiber help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
facialcrunch is infamous around these parts
carbon fiber help

Hey guys. I have a 2009 Super Silver GT-R and I want to add an OEM style carbon fiber hood and rear spoiler. I've searched and read through as lot of posts but still am unsure as to what to get. I'm thinking I want dry carbon and I was looking at the Seibon products. I've seen some brands stating their dry carbon has a gloss coating. I've seen some stating they had waves and flaws in the carbon that needed correcting. Etc.... Are the Seibon products recommended or should I be looking at something else? Can you still see the carbon fiber pattern on dry carbon or does it just look like a matte paint job (it's tough to see in the photos posted)? What are the advantages/disadvantages/differences between carbon fiber and dry carbon fiber? I'd really appreciate and info and advice I can get. Thank you!

Scott

Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
lol! I had a similar question not too long ago.

Seibon is the only manufacturer, right now (that I'm aware of), that makes OEM style parts. Stillen resells them, and can add any finish you want (they have pics of a matte finish on their site).

Dry CF is lighter than 'normal' wet CF. This reflects in the price.

From what I've heard from Stillen (who, of course, going to say positive things to make a sale), and a couple of others, is that the spoiler looks good, and no issues of yellowing, or flaws with the CF.

I'm considering a similar route, but also have my doubts with Seibon. So far, I don't see any issues (and the prices aren't that bad, relatively).