Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Short summary of Switzer Ultimate Street Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Short summary of Switzer Ultimate Street Edition

Now that I've gotten some seat time, I wanted to give you guys an update on the my thoughts regarding my Switzer Ultimate Street Edition 93 octane only setup so far. Bottom line up front, it's the best car I've ever owned and quite possibly the best overall car I've ever driven.

The most direct comparison that I can make would be a comparison to some of the cars that I drove over the last four days in TX. Most notably, I drove a TTG on pump, Supra on E85, and my rental for the trip was a SLS AMG. I raced cars and bikes in all three, and got a very good feel for each of them. I wasn't able to take my car to TX due to some transporter issues that I had no control over. Fast forward to tonight, I just got back from a 30-minute drive in my GT-R. All I can say is WOW. Driving other cars really makes me appreciate my GT-R. It's a freaking rocket ship that feels faster than all of them, and more refined than everything but the SLS. Obviously we all know that the efficiency of a GT-R is hard to match, but when you spend some time in a car other than a GT-R, this fact becomes more apparent. So, let me try and identify the characteristics of the build that I suspect you might be most interested in:

Acceleration: The car flat rips. Yes, there are indeed faster GT-Rs out there, but those cars are either much louder than my car, require E85 or race fuel, or a combination of the two. My car is very fast with no drama, no loud clutch/exhaust/gears, and it does it on any 93 octane fuel you want to use. I'll be heading to the dragstrip very soon to see what I can run and will provide those numbers the same day. The car will be ran exactly as it is on the street (full-weight, full interior, R888s, 93 octane). Lag seems to be about the same as a P800, which means it spools very quickly. One thing about this setup seems that stands out is that it pulls very hard up top. Where a P800 sort of flattens out in the upper-rpm range, this sucker keeps pulling harder and harder all the way to redline. I freakin' love it.

Drivability: Very close to stock. Idles perfectly, starts immediately, and has zero hiccups. I've driven it in 75 degree weather down to 40 degree weather without any perceptible differences. Once the real hot weather arrives, I'll have more info for you. The exhaust is slightly louder than stock inside the car, but 10x times better sounding outside. The Titanium is louder overall than my 90mm, but doesn't sound as good. Drives exceptionally smooth in both auto and manual modes, but when you are on it in R the clutch locks up hard. This is a good thing, as less slippage is easier on the clutch and will make it last longer.

Feel: The pads that come with the build are better than stock. The springs keep the stock ride, but allow a aesthetically appealing drop. Not too low, however, as I don't scrape on my driveway. Everything else is how a stock GT-R feels; tight and controlled at pretty much any speed.

Build quality: Phenomenal. I would honestly put Switzer's build quality up against any tuner, not only in the GT-R world, but also the Porsche, Lamborghini, and Supra worlds as well. And believe me, I've been up close and personal with many well-known setups. Tym's build quality is awesome. Period.

Okay, that's it for now. I need to hit the rack. If you have any questions, let me know.

Scott

Old 03-18-2012, 11:00 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice write up Scott!

Old 03-19-2012, 12:29 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
Scott,

very good for you, but why so much support/advertising for Switzer?

It does not look well, you are a moderator and you need to be on the neutral side.

I know Switzer is a good tuner, but it does not sound good when a moderator talks or carries ads on behalf of a tuner.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:45 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TwinTurboM3
Scott,

It does not look well, you are a moderator and you need to be on the neutral side.

I know Switzer is a good tuner, but it does not sound good when a moderator talks or carries ads on behalf of a tuner.
Are you serious? Scott has always posted up his thoughts about his builds here. Whether it's proto or Switzer I don't see anything at all that sounds like"advertising" Scott is giving his impression of the car and that's all I see him doing.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:50 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Scott,

lol he spent his own hard earned $$$ on it...he can write whatever he wants to about it.

That's why it is a REVIEW not an AD dumbarse.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Scott,

Why? Because they built my car and did a phenomenal job, and deserve to have others hear about it. My moderator status doesn't mean I should restrict myself from sharing both good and bad experiences that I have with tuners/builders to other forum members. I've always shared my experiences with tuners, and will continue do so, whether I'm a moderator or not. Sharing worthwhile information, at the core, is exactly what these forums are all about.

Get a clue, Mert...

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 03-19-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Are you serious? Scott has always posted up his thoughts about his builds here. Whether it's proto or Switzer I don't see anything at all that sounds like"advertising" Scott is giving his impression of the car and that's all I see him doing.
Originally Posted by AverageJoe
lol he spent his own hard earned $$$ on it...he can write whatever he wants to about it.

That's why it is a REVIEW not an AD dumbarse.
Thanks, guys.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Great write up, Scott. Looking forward to your numbers at the track with this Switzer built beast.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
Bpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really nice
Grat write up

Old 03-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Bolt-OnM3 is infamous around these parts
Congrats Scott I really love the idea of your build and the fact that it actually fits the bill is awesome.

Also, there is a reason why mert is banned from most other forums. just saying

Old 03-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Great write-up.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:07 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
great write-up indeed Scott! Glad to hear you are enjoying it! How does it compare to your r1kx?

Old 03-19-2012, 01:18 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Great Write UP! OK. Im ready for another GT-R. Man....Enjoy it. You've waited a while for this

Old 03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by slavik
great write-up indeed Scott! Glad to hear you are enjoying it! How does it compare to your r1kx?
Not sure, Slavik. I never got to drive my R1KX! Sold it a week before it was going to be shipped out to me.

According to Tym it was MUCH louder, and nasty fast on race gas.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by NVRENUF
Great Write UP! OK. Im ready for another GT-R. Man....Enjoy it. You've waited a while for this
Damn bro. That was quick. Good luck on the next purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Short summary of Switzer Ultimate Street Edition