Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My Switzer Ultimate Gtr on it's way home!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 02:05 AM
salerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud ofsalerno713 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
As more things get ironed out with the 997TT platform and flex-fuel I will keep everyone posted, but for now your previous build was not up to Tym's expectations for drivability and we simply could not ship it home with Tym displeased with it's mannerisms.
)
Can you clarify..? This famous build was stopped? Did you trade your car in with the r911 package on it?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:12 AM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
93 octane only. OEM with Cobb AccessPORT.
Did Switzer have to alter the tune for CA 91 octane?

I presume this car's still a monster, but is it fair to say it probably won't make quite as much power as it would on 93?

Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

I presume this car's still a monster, but is it fair to say it probably won't make quite as much power as it would on 93?
There are 3 maps: map 1 is for 91, map 2 is 93 with tapered boost, and map 3 is 93 full boost. Skeeter will probably make 800 awhp or so on pure 91 octane.

That said, I think they will squeeze more out of her after they receive his datalogs from his initial runs that show his environmental conditions and exact fuel quality.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 04-07-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:55 AM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by salerno713
Can you clarify..? This famous build was stopped? Did you trade your car in with the r911 package on it?
The build hasn't been stopped and it's still being fine tuned...I inquired about a gtr once I drove one...They offered me a very fair trade in on my car as it sat...I decided at that point to trade my car in and upgrade to this car...

Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM

Scott is correct...There are different maps for the car...I have a very mild tune for 91oct...I will data log my car with a tank of 91 and send off the logs to Switzer...From here they can optimize the tune for my fuel...If I want to run full boost, I can just throw in some 100oct and I'm good to go...Switzer is also working on a fuel additive that should also help our fueling problem...I might buy a 55 gal drum of 100oct and just mix my fuel when I want to go out and have fun!

Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 PM
c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !c32AMG-DTM Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
There are 3 maps: map 1 is for 91, map 2 is 93 with tapered boost, and map 3 is 93 full boost. Skeeter will probably make 800 awhp or so on pure 91 octane.

That said, I think they will squeeze more out of her after they receive his datalogs from his initial runs that show his environmental conditions and exact fuel quality.
Makes sense - thanks.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by skeeter
Scott is correct...There are different maps for the car...I have a very mild tune for 91oct...I will data log my car with a tank of 91 and send off the logs to Switzer...From here they can optimize the tune for my fuel...If I want to run full boost, I can just throw in some 100oct and I'm good to go...Switzer is also working on a fuel additive that should also help our fueling problem...I might buy a 55 gal drum of 100oct and just mix my fuel when I want to go out and have fun!
Well, I'm sure even 800ish awhp is a handful - but it's good to have options!

Enjoy it, sounds like a great addition; thanks for keeping us posted on your prior build, too.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM
MorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really niceMorePSiTehBett4 is just really nice
Congrats!!!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM
The time has come for me to sell this awesome car in order to purchase a new home...If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm...I'll be posting it in the fs section in the next couple of days...

Old 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
The time has come for me to sell this awesome car in order to purchase a new home...If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm...I'll be posting it in the fs section in the next couple of days...
Wow! that was quick! GLWS! Any impressions you can post up about the car? Must be tough letting go of her....

Old 07-09-2012, 09:04 AM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Aww....little Skeeter is finally grown up
Congrats on the upcoming new home, buddy. GLWS and bump for a good dood!

Old 07-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks guys!

Old 07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys!
The GTR is a car on my radar. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM