Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Nissan GTR - How are the resale values?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 03:50 PM
konaforever is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Hua
Do you think dealers would offer leases if they lose money on the deal? The consumer is taking the hit, not the dealer.
Who takes the hit depends on how accurately or how aggressively the manufacturer sets the residual rates. For a while, BMW had greats deals on the Z4's since they were selling, and had artificially high residuals.

Also, the dealer doesn't risk anything. It's the manufacturer that risks it. The dealer gets their money from the financing company and they're all set. The manufacturer gets the car back at the end of the deal.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:40 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I got neg rep'd because a 4 yr old car decreased about $10k.

I find it amusing that because a car is doing well, people are offended. It proves their character (or lack of one).

Sorry, the GT-R isn't failing like many here predicted.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:27 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
I got neg rep'd because a 4 yr old car decreased about $10k.

I find it amusing that because a car is doing well, people are offended. It proves their character (or lack of one).

Sorry, the GT-R isn't failing like many here predicted.
In the 4 years that the GTR has been available on our shores, it has more than proved it's "worth". There will always be haters out there.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Turbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the roughTurbroe is a jewel in the rough
All true, but the GTR is still riding a wave (significantly above norm demand) that will eventually end. It may last another week or another couple of years, No one can know for sure. When the wave ends, the GTR will depreciate like most other similar cars (~17% first year and ~9% each additional year, tapping out ~33% of its original Invoice value). Like you, I have owned many cars and have seen this wave before. Just sayin...

Old 09-10-2012, 05:21 AM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbroe
All true, but the GTR is still riding a wave (significantly above norm demand) that will eventually end. It may last another week or another couple of years, No one can know for sure. When the wave ends, the GTR will depreciate like most other similar cars (~17% first year and ~9% each additional year, tapping out ~33% of its original Invoice value). Like you, I have owned many cars and have seen this wave before. Just sayin...
I just don't understand why so many people put so much emphasis on retaining value. You don't buy any car to just sit and look at. It's purpose is to be driven. Driving will lower the value but isn't the driving experience the reason for obtaining it? This is last on my list of attributes. I would think anyone on this site would be an enthusiast. Not a connoseur. There are far prettier cars if your goal is to be a collector of fine automobiles. Whats worse is we're talking about a Nissan! A GTR! A car who's essence is in being driven hard and fast! Where the heck does retaining value figure in the equation?

As for me, even if I owned a Bugatti Royale I would drive that thing. Its a car. Buy jewelry if you want something expensive where the purpose is to look at it.

I don't get it. Please don't explain.

Rant over.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Like many others have said...they retain their values more than any car I can remember. It really is unbelievable. I'd have no worries about resale with this car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.