Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Funny conversation with a P-car shop owner....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Funny conversation with a P-car shop owner....

So last night I went out to a local meet with a bunch of friends. We parked and soon after a older man came up and started looking at the cars we had. 997 TT's, 997 GT2, M6, SC Vette and of course my GTR. The guy asks me what kind of car it was and I said it was a Nissan GTR. He said oh... and proceeded to ask me a bunch of questions... What kind of engine, how much power.. etc etc....

Here is where it gets interesting... After telling him the specs on the car he proceeds to tell me how it will never be a porsche, that there is NO WAY it came stock with 530HP and get this... That it was a absolute lie that the car was at 600hp from just a chip, intake filters and exhaust. LOL.... And whoever sold me the package was a outright fraud because there is no way you can get that much power from so little mods. Because to get 10HP out of a POrsche you need to spend tens of thousands. And 70HP over stock would cost easily 50K or more ! LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLL

I explained to him that these are being built to over 1000HP pretty regularly now. HE laughs and tells me I am dreaming and that it is definitely NOT happening. that there is no way these can make that much power etc etc.....

At this point once this guy was basically calling me a liar and a pompous GTR owner... (saying how it was the slowest car in the group etc etc... ) A friend walks up at this point and is like "I know you" the old man puffs up his chest and says "yes... I own such and such P-car shop" and " this GTR is a piece of garbage" Nissan tried to copy porsche but will never be a porsche" basically pompous A-hole ****.... It was like he got confirmation that whatever he was saying was right just because he owned a shop and my friend recognised him....

At this point I just walked away... I just couldn't believe the garbage he kept spewing about the GTR and how great Porsches are... I've owned a 600+hp 996TT and been around P-cars most of my life. My father has a CGT and I know they are awesome indeed and probably my favorite brand hands down. The ignorance of this "old timer" was too much to bear. It was almost like his man hood was challenged by the GTR......

Last edited by str8blst; 07-06-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Kamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really niceKamran is just really nice
I would have told him that he should get himself educated and "read" for a change and walk away. No reason 'to reason' with the unreasonable!

Old 07-07-2012, 09:49 AM
icrashevos is infamous around these parts
Should've asked him to give you the privilege of showing how fast the car is... would only take a few seconds.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
mlambert890 is infamous around these parts
Seems odd considering everyone on earth knows that *any* turbo car gets a massive bump from the first ECU tune (esp 911s). What Porsche enthusiast, let alone a shop owner, would think u need to spend huge money for the first big HP bump? Also weird that he started with "what kind of car is that?" and ended up ranting and raving about Nissan trying to copy Porsche to a group of strangers after 2 minutes of discussion

Maybe he escaped from an asylum and his pathology is that GTRs send him into a blind rage

Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
How old was he? If you're in your 20's it's hard to determine just what old means.

I asked because if he really is an older guy, over 55 years old...he comes from a time before GTR's roamed the earth. Sometimes it's hard for old salties to get with the new stuff. Old guys are used to polishing heads, opening up the airways, etc. Not tuning an ECU to get more power.
I wouldn't have argued with him. Let him live in his world.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Was he driving a moped & in a sponge Bob squarepants costume?

Old 07-07-2012, 07:14 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by icrashevos
Should've asked him to give you the privilege of showing how fast the car is... would only take a few seconds.
Not even worth gas. What's the name of the shop? You should've asked if you didn't. Funny story.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM
P-car Fan is infamous around these parts
What a complete tool. I feel sorry for the P car owners that bring their cars to his shop

Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by P-car Fan
What a complete tool. I feel sorry for the P car owners that bring their cars to his shop
+1.

This level of ignorance indicates there is something else missing, and it may reflect in his management.

To his defense, though - he owns a dealership. He shouldn't be expected to know anything about actual cars. I think you all have extremely high expectations about a dealer. I mean - when was the last time you actually learned something from a dealership? He is a perfect example of why.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
LOL iv'e ran into a few cookies like that. I just tend to giggle and nod my head

Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 PM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
That guy deserves a severe beatdown for his damn ignorance.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:38 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Reminds me of a guy who worked at a Porsche dealership (near Raleigh, NC) a few years back when the PDK was new... He tried telling me the new 911 (997) Carrera 2 w/PDK goes from 0-60 in 1.9 secs.

(He's actually related to me, in some very distant way)

Another local guy (right down the street) noticed my car, and said he prefers real power of Corvettes. Nothing beats his base C5. The American V8 will always have more power than a Japanese V6. He told me to come talk to him when the GT-R gets a real engine.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
^Who are these ppl? LOL.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:45 PM
turborye is infamous around these parts
I hate that, he is not a " car guy", he is just a snob.

Old 07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
LOL that reminds me, a few years back I was about to get a base c6 vette and I was checking something out at my local Porsche dealer and the salesman was telling me how the BASE boxter is much faster than a Corvette. I just smiled and said wow really? I just told him I was too poor to own a Porsche and laughed my way out

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Funny conversation with a P-car shop owner....