Old 02-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Chuck_H is infamous around these parts
Old 02-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Chuck_H is infamous around these parts
Also, the laptimes at Laguna seca

1:39:62 GT-R vs. 1:39:89 911 Turbo

Old 02-18-2007, 04:48 AM
ChromeHearts is infamous around these parts
Nice find. Engine looks like the VQDETT... impressive times at Laguna Seca.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:33 AM
StrikerX50 is infamous around these partsStrikerX50 is infamous around these parts
VQ37DETT under that hood. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:02 AM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I see paddle shifters..looking good overall

Old 02-19-2007, 08:31 AM
DevilZ is infamous around these parts
Correction: The new engine will be variant of the VQ35HR engine. The "DE" version was the 3rd and 3.5 generation VQ series engines. The HR engine is the one used in the 2007 350Z's, and the new GT-R will no doubt be using a HR variant, as you can see by looking at the oil dipstick location in the engine shot and comparing it to the HR motor.

So . . .

2003-2005: VQ35DE
2005 (35th Anniversary Edition) - 2006: VQ35DE 'Revup' (7000rpm redline)
2007: VQ35HR (High Revolution)

The GTR should have either a 3.7 or 3.8. Let's just wait till someone releases more info.

I can't wait to see this car in production.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

This car has been on my radar for some time now and these "Spy shots" are just solidifying the fact that I WANT ONE BAD!

Honestly, if the interior is as nice as a G35 Coupe with a 450hp motor under the hood, nice ADW system, and some aggresive looks - Im sold!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
Nice!

This car has been on my radar for some time now and these "Spy shots" are just solidifying the fact that I WANT ONE BAD!

Honestly, if the interior is as nice as a G35 Coupe with a 450hp motor under the hood, nice ADW system, and some aggresive looks - Im sold!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing!
If you look closely at some of the pictures (I'll get them if they're not here), you can see that the new GTR has retained the interior computer found on the R34.

It will feature a more advanced version of the ATTESSA AWD system.

I keep on hearing rumors that it will instead be 470bhp. I will work on confirming that rumor. We might even see a possible "overboost" option of 500+bhp. Not sure though. But most likely Nissan will "secretly" release more info on the car soon. It's all marketing.

The interior looks awesome, and it WILL be a paddleshift. I'm not sure if Nissan will offer a normal manual option. Most likely they will.

PM me if you have more questions. Please visit us on www.nagtroc.com

Peace

Old 02-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
it better be manual because...i dont "trust" their paddleshifter.
i wonder if it's going to be DSG type?

Old 02-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by Enilder
it better be manual because...i dont "trust" their paddleshifter.
i wonder if it's going to be DSG type?
Why is that? Nissan is having Cosworth work on their engine development and Lotus is doing the suspension. What makes you think that their Paddleshifter will be somehow "inferior" to anything found on more expensive European cars?

More $$$ =/= better technology/performance.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Banned
lemansz20 is infamous around these parts
I have a serious brain fart right now, but their paddle shifter/ smg transmission is on the race cars and stuff and is WAY better then smg, and right there with dsg so w/e. Just so you know that.

Old 02-21-2007, 02:55 AM
WTRacing is infamous around these parts
im really really starting to like this car more and more..

Old 02-22-2007, 05:17 PM
The main problem is whether people are willing to pay 70k for a "Nissan."

For me, I'm a GTR fanboy and I'll always be, and I'm really not that much of a Porsche fan (no offense to anyone with one, they are beautiful cars, just not my style ), so if I had the cash it's the GTR all the way.

But for many people they will be caught up in the brand and how much "title" it will give them. Which will always be wierd to me but each to his/her own.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DevilZ
Why is that? Nissan is having Cosworth work on their engine development and Lotus is doing the suspension. What makes you think that their Paddleshifter will be somehow "inferior" to anything found on more expensive European cars?

More $$$ =/= better technology/performance.
Because, this is the first time that they ever tried to work it in GTR.
Cosworth doing engine work and Lotus doing suspension are indeed insane but my preference at the moment, manual.

Old 02-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Originally Posted by DevilZ
The main problem is whether people are willing to pay 70k for a "Nissan."

For me, I'm a GTR fanboy and I'll always be, and I'm really not that much of a Porsche fan (no offense to anyone with one, they are beautiful cars, just not my style ), so if I had the cash it's the GTR all the way.

But for many people they will be caught up in the brand and how much "title" it will give them. Which will always be wierd to me but each to his/her own.
I can careless if it's under infiniti or nissan.
I am just waiting to see one in person.

Though with enough money to buy 997TT or GT3RS, I'd take those over GTR anyday. (Probably )

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R Engine & Interior Pics