CHP lasering between Page Mill and Alpine on 280

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
CHP lasering between Page Mill and Alpine on 280

Heading up to fleet week yesterday, and two CHP cruisers were parked in the median lasering people people in both directions. They are in plain site, but they're nailing you the second you come into view about a mile away. I used to think that section was a good place to speed, but I guess not anymore .

Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GoWide
Heading up to fleet week yesterday, and two CHP cruisers were parked in the median lasering people people in both directions. They are in plain site, but they're nailing you the second you come into view about a mile away. I used to think that section was a good place to speed, but I guess not anymore .
I know it sux, ive seen bikes sitting in the center median doing the same as well in that section, just harder to spot. 280 has gone down the $hitter for fun...on the bright side at least they've been resurfacing some key sections of 101, although doing a pretty crappy job IMO as far as consistency.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 AM
tkracing is infamous around these parts
They sit up on the Vista point between Edgewood and 92 as well. I have had a few run-ins with them which resulted in court next week...

Old 10-08-2007, 08:52 AM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
Interesting this is my normal commute area I have never seen them during the week days! But, it doesn't really matter I keep it at the limit most of the time save the speeding for Track Days.

Old 10-08-2007, 09:39 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Saw 2 sitting there yesterday on my way back from gokarting- 101 was like a parking lot, so I went 380-280S.

speaking of karting, where were you Andrew?

Old 10-08-2007, 11:29 AM
schnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant futureschnellerm3 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
Saw 2 sitting there yesterday on my way back from gokarting- 101 was like a parking lot, so I went 380-280S.

speaking of karting, where were you Andrew?
Sitting in the office

Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 PM
carendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the roughcarendt242 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by tkracing
They sit up on the Vista point between Edgewood and 92 as well. I have had a few run-ins with them which resulted in court next week...
even more interesting - going North, past the Vista Point, after the next turn, there's a road that runs up a hill and back down... they sit at the top of the hill, laser or KA in hand, waiting...

i've also seen them, going north, just after the 92 interchange you go over an ever-so-slight hill. one day the motorcycle cop w/ laser picked a perfect spot where you couldn't see them til it was too late. (for some reason, i was doing the speed limit)

does anyone know why there's such a presence this year? is there any way to vote this stuff out of here? 101 is far more dangerous and i rarely see cops there...

- chuck

Old 10-09-2007, 12:34 AM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
great, there goes the neighborhood, or me in cuffs

Old 10-09-2007, 03:14 AM
jkb
jkb is infamous around these parts
new sheriff in town so to say... they created a south bay speeding unit a few months ago. it was all over the news a while back:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulle...ad.php?t=13048

Originally Posted by carendt242
even more interesting - going North, past the Vista Point, after the next turn, there's a road that runs up a hill and back down... they sit at the top of the hill, laser or KA in hand, waiting...

i've also seen them, going north, just after the 92 interchange you go over an ever-so-slight hill. one day the motorcycle cop w/ laser picked a perfect spot where you couldn't see them til it was too late. (for some reason, i was doing the speed limit)

does anyone know why there's such a presence this year? is there any way to vote this stuff out of here? 101 is far more dangerous and i rarely see cops there...

- chuck

Old 10-09-2007, 10:28 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
****it i'm getting a yaris.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
jkb
Originally Posted by sharkster
****it i'm getting a yaris.
dont you have one green colored already?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I'd be curious to research how many accidents on 280 were caused by speeding. I would gander that number would be pretty low, except for reckless driving.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
I'd be curious to research how many accidents on 280 were caused by speeding. I would gander that number would be pretty low, except for reckless driving.

the problem is most people consider speeding/reckless driving the same

Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
One plus about the North Bay, we haven't seen the widespread use of laser/lidar just yet.....

Sounds like a group buy on laser jammers is in order.....

Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
jkb
saw santa clara police today sitting on central with a laser gun.

we are all screwed, i tell ya, we are all screwed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CHP lasering between Page Mill and Alpine on 280