ALMS LAGUNA Oct 19-21

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
I will already be there (Going Friday)...but let's all meet at the race at some point. Haske, you have my number, if anyone else wants it, PM me. I will see you guys there.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm down for a little caravan.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fredttx50
I'm down for a little caravan.
Should we meet at Santana Row?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
I could do that... what time?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
i will be there saturday !
Who's riding along in your Mazer?

Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 PM
BSM
BSM is infamous around these parts
I'm driving down Saturday morning w/ the 997TT... Home base will be the Flagroom tent (described below per the website), but will be roaming thru the day. Anyone rolling early from SF?

Flagroom
General Admission, Paddock Access, Parking Pass, Canopied tent with closed-circuit TV (open Sat/Sun), Hospitality consisting of breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and brunch on Sunday with beverages available both days.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:40 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BSM
I'm driving down Saturday morning w/ the 997TT... Home base will be the Flagroom tent (described below per the website), but will be roaming thru the day. Anyone rolling early from SF?

Flagroom
General Admission, Paddock Access, Parking Pass, Canopied tent with closed-circuit TV (open Sat/Sun), Hospitality consisting of breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and brunch on Sunday with beverages available both days.

I would be leaving from SF. What time? Can I just get tickets there or do I have to buy in advance?

We can then meet the Peninsula guys on the way down!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM
BSM
I would be leaving from SF. What time? Can I just get tickets there or do I have to buy in advance?

We can then meet the Peninsula guys on the way down!
Let's do it. Best to buy tix in advance on the website... Too late to have them mailed, so will have to do will-call when we get there (I have to do this b/c I missed the deadline). I think the Flagroom tix are nice b/c it includes a parking pass (all other parking options sold out), and offers up good viewing spot (long straight off turn 4), weather protected in event of rain, food, bar, and CCTV coverage. Flagroom tix listed at $275. Website says...

THE DEADLINE FOR MAILING TICKETS HAS ENDED. ALL ORDERS ARE NOW BEING HELD AT WILL CALL. WILL CALL IS OFF-SITE AT THE EMBASSY SUITES HOTEL, 1441 CANYON DEL REY SEASIDE, CA 93955. BEGINNING OCT. 18 2007 THRU OCT 20, 2007 7AM - 5PM AND ENDING OCT 21, 2007 7AM UNTIL NOON. PHOTO IDENTIFICATION IS REQUIRED TO PICK UP TICKETS.

I know where this place is, one exit before where would normally get off the hwy. The warm-up for the ALMS cars is 10:20am, which I think is worth seeing... so thinking prob need to leave SF around 7am or sooner (I am flex) to allow for travel, traffic, will-call, parking, etc.

Also, a fun but chaotic mtg spot for folks in front of the race start will be the STARTING GRID, which is open at 2:10pm unitl 2:30pm for foot traffic, referred to as the "Fan Grid Walk". This might be coolest moment of the day! Don't miss this... is the the ALMS equivalent of walking the starting grid in F1 w/ the race cars parked, the teams running around, the umbrella girls (ahem!), etc...

Soooo.... 7am? Earlier? I've never met up w/ the Santa Row crew, so open to that as well.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:08 PM
All, I just looked at the Schedule and the official race is as follows:

So I would rather not leave first thing in A.M. More like noon from SF.

2:43 pm - 6:43 pm Race: Monterey Sports Car Championship for the American Le Mans Series

Old 10-15-2007, 04:16 PM
BSM
All, I just looked at the Schedule and the official race is as follows:

So I would rather not leave first thing in A.M. More like noon from SF.

2:43 pm - 6:43 pm Race: Monterey Sports Car Championship for the American Le Mans Series
No problem... I have a few other friends rolling from SF early, so undecided at this point if I go 7ish or later... either way I want to make the starting grid walk at 2:10, so would have to leave at least by 11am to make that I think. We're spending the night down there, so makes leaving early less of a problem... but admittedly it is a rough start for a Sat.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:35 PM
CLS
CLS is infamous around these partsCLS is infamous around these parts
I just checked the weather right now they have rain for Saturday....I think I am going to wait before I commit to going I really wanted to go, but I am not into rain!

Old 10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
BSM
Originally Posted by CLS
I just checked the weather right now they have rain for Saturday....I think I am going to wait before I commit to going I really wanted to go, but I am not into rain!
This series is chaos in the rain, loads of fun to watch... did ALMS at Infineon few years ago under heavy rain and it was nuts, lots of casualties. But the mud from walking the track was a regrettable mess. Won't stop me this time tho...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 PM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Who's riding along in your Mazer?
sorry dude!

i got me a pass w/ Ferrari (in the island)
so i'm drivin' my buddy's 360CS or rolling shotgun in a 550.

we are going to caravan from the dealer at FSV sat a.m NO SR

Old 10-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
GMG will field 2 entries this weekend for the Speed GT race on Sunday.

We will be running our 997 WC -GT3 Cup and 996 WC GT3 Cup.

If any 6 speeders are attending the race weekend we invite you to come by the paddock and say Hi!

For more info on the race please visit:

www.world-challenge.com

The only exciting race will be the Speed GT race on Sunday! LOLOLOL JK!!

See ya guys there!!

Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Montinola is infamous around these parts
if you want FREE Sunday Tickets, we have a bunch from Laguna Seca...

Stop by LeMans Karting in Fremont to pick some up!

45957 Hotchkiss St.
Fremont, CA 94539

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ALMS LAGUNA Oct 19-21