FasTrak toll tags

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:04 AM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
FasTrak toll tags

for those who have them, do you have to stick these on the windshield or can it be hidden somewhere like in the glove compartment and still be functional? i don't frequently cross the bridges but everytime i do, i'm stuck in line at the pay tool wishing i had fastrak. seems nowadays most toll lanes are Fastrak and doesn't seem to cost any more than paying cash at the toll booth anyways.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:44 AM
TheSpeedDemon is infamous around these parts
I cannot confirm that having it in a glove box will work or not, but what I do is keep it in the glove box and then place it on the dash while I go through the FasTrak lane, then place it back in the glove box.

You can always experiment because as you pass the dispaly it will tell you if it sawit or not. The worse thing to happen is that it will not see the transponder, the system will take a photo of your cars license plate, you will get a notice in the mail about it, and then you make notes to have them place the charge against your FasTrak account, no harm doe, but now you know it will not work.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:05 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
glovebox to dash and back to glovebox

Old 11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by speedoflight
for those who have them, do you have to stick these on the windshield or can it be hidden somewhere like in the glove compartment and still be functional? i don't frequently cross the bridges but everytime i do, i'm stuck in line at the pay tool wishing i had fastrak. seems nowadays most toll lanes are Fastrak and doesn't seem to cost any more than paying cash at the toll booth anyways.
Not sure if it is the same on all bridges but the Golden Gate saves you a buck each time using fastrack ($4 instead of $5 cash).

As mentioned glovebox -> dash -> glovebox works best.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned
duc749r is infamous around these parts
You can place it in the glove box depending on the toll both works in some not in others. I keep mine in the driver’s side door pocket and fly through fast track at 50+ not sure if it goes off or not, lol

Old 11-05-2007, 05:21 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
got it. thanks fellas.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 AM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
I've had my transponder out in the open in the center console tray area, and it wasn't read. So I would imagine that if you had it in your glove compartment, it's likely that it won't be read. As long as you have your license plate number registered to your Fastrak account, then Caltrans will just charge your account when they see the photo, so they won't even need to mail you a notice.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:34 AM
good to know! thanks.