Deposit on my first pad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I'm going to join you as a fellow broke homeowner shortly:
Nice - I remember you showing me the details on the place a while back. Glad you are able to get a great deal on that property Too bad we can't be neighbors though.

In negotiation right now, hope to be in escrow early next week. She has the CLK350 coupe, and I'm still set on swapping out for a BS. It's been a hell of a week for me- downsized the wedding from 165 --> 50 guests so I can:

1. put a larger down payment on this place
2. buy the CLK63BS
3. attend Concourso
Wow - you must be great at negotiating. My fiance's wedding was a non-negotiable. Basically I had to give up upgrading my next car and use it to supplement the house we wanted.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
It's NUSED!
one of the few used things you can buy that will appreciate in value!

Old 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Banned
vodkarocket is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Nice - I remember you showing me the details on the place a while back. Glad you are able to get a great deal on that property Too bad we can't be neighbors though.

Wow - you must be great at negotiating. My fiance's wedding was a non-negotiable. Basically I had to give up upgrading my next car and use it to supplement the house we wanted.
Thanks buddy!

She left her job to finish up her degree. No income = no say!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Romancer is infamous around these parts
Congratulations. Beautiful place.

God Bless,

Jeff

Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
Congrats Rocket, we missed you Sat night, but the house comes first, MTK said you were counter offering. How did it go? good luck.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RAW-MEAN
Congrats Rocket, we missed you Sat night, but the house comes first, MTK said you were counter offering. How did it go? good luck.
They countered back. Bringing a contractor out there tomorrow to validate my offer, and I'll shoot them another offer. In the meantime, I looked at several other properties today and nothing touches this. I have 3 appts tomorrow to check out some lofts, but I think townhouses are where it's at. Did I mention this place has a 3 car garage???

Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Banned
They countered back. Bringing a contractor out there tomorrow to validate my offer, and I'll shoot them another offer. In the meantime, I looked at several other properties today and nothing touches this. I have 3 appts tomorrow to check out some lofts, but I think townhouses are where it's at. Did I mention this place has a 3 car garage???
Be my neighbor! I got a 3 car tandem too! Seriously though, good luck on the offer, its a nice place.

Old 01-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Michael W. is infamous around these partsMichael W. is infamous around these parts
Some more pictures of the inside as I FINALLY got the keys - nice NYE present to myself. Pardon the pictures - I'm a horrible photographer with my iPhone.
Nice place Raw-hair!

Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned
Did you get the place?

Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Banned
Did you get the place?
Nah. Found some issues with it, and they weren't negotiating on price. Found a 2bd/2ba penthouse condo that I'm going to make a lowball offer on.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned
Nah. Found some issues with it, and they weren't negotiating on price. Found a 2bd/2ba penthouse condo that I'm going to make a lowball offer on.
Yeah - I noticed that there are usually problems with older units. I think it's still best to buy a townhome/condo new. Plus the HOA is usually lower as well.