Deposit on my first pad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Deposit on my first pad

Thank you to all the local Santana Row regulars - MTK, Raw-Mean, IPO Hopper, + others that finally talked some sense into me.

I finally manned up and put a deposit my first place. Hopefully contracts and escrow will close by the end of the month. Now I'll be in debt for the rest of my life.

My pad is nothing like the homes MTK and IPO are building, but at least I have a place to call my own, and a full private garage for my 996.

Last edited by DimNSlow; 02-25-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:58 PM
ipohopper is infamous around these parts
Your place looks pretty sweet!!!! Congrats!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Banned
vodkarocket is infamous around these parts
Congratulations Roger! Where is this being built?

I'm in the market myself, and even though it's the right time to buy I haven't found anything that really makes my jaw drop.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 AM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
Congrats Roger, can't wait for your housewarming party!

BTW, I'm going to being the long road myself soon. Where is this place?

Old 12-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
Hey Champ, Congrats buddy... you better not be like some people around here with the premature ejac bro, When is the house warming party??

Old 12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RAW-MEAN
Hey Champ, Congrats buddy... you better not be like some people around here with the premature ejac bro, When is the house warming party??
In due time, in due time. My pad can't fit as many people as Knick's, so I may have a couple house warming parties.

The house is in escrow, so I guess I'm betting on the come. But my thought is considering how big of a check I had to write on Friday, it better be mine!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
Nice pad. I like the contemporary look. Hit me up with the details. Haven't seen you on IM in awhile.
AA

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM
MrTheKid is infamous around these parts
house warming ????

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
house warming ????

Yes, yes, of course! I'm in escrow right now, plus they still need to finish installing some appliances (it's a brand new unit). So once that's done and we're settled in, I will definitely have one.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:19 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DimNSlow

Yes, yes, of course! I'm in escrow right now, plus they still need to finish installing some appliances (it's a brand new unit). So once that's done and we're settled in, I will definitely have one.

Good for you man...!! congrats!!

now you can raise your claim to 9?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:23 PM
NoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant futureNoRoom4Error has a brilliant future
I too just recently (Nov 30th) moved into our townhouse in Leesburg, VA. My wife has already spent $15k on furniture and we still have rooms that are empty. YIKES! It sure beats coming home to an apartment every day.

Cheers!

Old 12-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by alex911s
now you can raise your claim to 9?
Claim? You can claim your cars as dependents in your tax returns?

Old 12-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by NoRoom4Error
I too just recently (Nov 30th) moved into our townhouse in Leesburg, VA. My wife has already spent $15k on furniture and we still have rooms that are empty. YIKES! It sure beats coming home to an apartment every day.

Cheers!
As far as I'm concerned I'm moving to a nicer "apartment" with much higher rent . Though I still don't know what type of tax benefits I will be receiving, but most likely I won't be Turbo Taxing it anymore.

Ouch - $15K on furniture. I don't think I'm ready to pop down that much cash for some sofa. Though does a flat screen TV count as furniture?

Old 12-10-2007, 03:23 PM
UCrazyKid is infamous around these partsUCrazyKid is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
Ouch - $15K on furniture. I don't think I'm ready to pop down that much cash for some sofa. Though does a flat screen TV count as furniture?
No offense to NoRoom4Error, but I have a feeling that his townhouse in Leesburg probably cost 1/3 the price of yours in Palo Alto leaving him some coin for furniture. It is so funny to me living in the bay area seeing friends move into new homes and having them empty of furniture because we are so house poor!

Again, Congrats!
AA

Old 12-10-2007, 06:51 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by UCrazyKid
No offense to NoRoom4Error, but I have a feeling that his townhouse in Leesburg probably cost 1/3 the price of yours in Palo Alto leaving him some coin for furniture. It is so funny to me living in the bay area seeing friends move into new homes and having them empty of furniture because we are so house poor!

Again, Congrats!
AA
jeez...tell me about it. I'm so used to the 'empty-bay-area-house' look, that 'regular' places look extremely cluttered/messy to me now.

'Grats in advance on the place DimNSlow; I digz the modern look of it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Deposit on my first pad