Flooded streets, went home early!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
Flooded streets, went home early!

not a nice day in California today....

not goin to Tahoe this weekend,
too much snow!! I can't believe I said that

Old 01-04-2008, 01:33 PM
djmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to beholddjmrsulu is a splendid one to behold
I'm chilling at a Starbucks b/c the power went out at my house. The forecast was that this storm was going to be of epic proportions, and for once the weather reporters were dead on. Crazy to see rain coming in sideways in the Bay Area.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:41 PM
ipohopper is infamous around these parts
I live on a hill and all kind of **** is flying down the street. My recycle bin tipped over and was flying down the hill. I had to run after it and catch it.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:06 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
My house was getting hammered so hard this morning I decided to work from home. Good thing I did; there's been some water intrusion.

Last edited by fdb996c2; 01-06-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Yeah - this morning was insane weather-wise. I woke up to a flashing "12:00 AM" on my alarm clock because the power went out where I live. I initially wanted to work from home but kind of hard without power.

Driving onto the freeway I saw trees tipped over and bark of trees everywhere on the street. 101 S was a nightmare.

I heard tractor trailers are not allowed across bridges right now because one tipped over from the wind.

I usually can see downtown SF on a sunny day from my office now I can see nothing. Plus I can actually feel the building sway from the wind on the 8th floor... is that normal?

Old 01-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Ag Surfer is infamous around these parts
I cant wait for this to get further south!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
Good luck guys and stay safe. I wonder if this is the same storm system that flooded Maui.

Aloha

Byron

Old 01-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts
my friend is a commercial plumber, he is at a garage in Cupertino,
said its filled with water and can only see roofs of cars!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 02:20 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
my friend is a commercial plumber, he is at a garage in Cupertino,
said its filled with water and can only see roofs of cars!!!
Where is the location exactly? I been looking to upgrade my current car...

If I don't make it out of this system, I love you all very, very much.

Especially HFH.

Old 01-04-2008, 02:29 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
nothing down here in the OC yet

Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM
eshaun is infamous around these partseshaun is infamous around these parts
Yea, its gonna to be crazy all weekend. Worst part is its like ppl forget how to drive in the rain. Monsoons are 5x crazier in florida and phoenix...just hit the gas, hold on with both hands and go...four wheel slides through massive puddles on the fwy, ive missed that from phx, really helps build your confidence in the wet weather performance of your tires...although my car was AWD back then so it was a little less exciting.

Saw the traffic on embarcadero and decided to take side streets after snapping this pic...perfectly describes what I was thinking to myself this morning watching ppl swerve all over the fwy

Old 01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
After my trash was picked up this morning, my empty garbage can was taken away by the wind. Wonder if I'll ever see it again lol.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:55 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Bring it on, baby...actually, in SoCal, we have no idea what to do when it rains...we crash our cars, mountains fall down, streets become rivers...it's total mayhem...I stocked up on food, have the wine ready, and all four seasons of The Wire tee'd up and ready to go...

Old 01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Yep, I knew it was going to be a bad day when I had to fish all my patio furniture out of the pool!

Glad I am still on vacation till next week and don't have to commute in!

David

Old 01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned
RAW-MEAN is infamous around these parts
help, help, I can't swim. I had to have my wife bring me dry clothes and socks and shoes to work I was so wet I had to take it all off, Glad no one walked in

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Flooded streets, went home early!